"We basically drafted Avatar" - Dion Jordan size comparison photos | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"We basically drafted Avatar" - Dion Jordan size comparison photos

catch22

New Mexico Fin Fan
Reaction score
I cant remember who I heard it from but on draft day someone on NFL network (i think) who was talking about Dion Jordan and said something to the effect of "with Dion Jordan,the dolphins basically drafted avatar" Although I usually hate all the nickname stuff, Avatar would suit him well I think.

I put together some side by side comparison photos from draft day to illustrate how big he is compared to other normal humans.

Roger Goodell vs Dion Jordan vs Tavon Austin for reference
DionTavonGoddell 374.jpg

Look at the size of the phone vs the size of the head and hands, Oh, and Belechick looks pissed that they are still making phones with cords.
Phonecompare smaller.jpg

"What's up Dion, Not much Dion"
DionDion 374.jpg

Basically Avatar
DionAvatar taller.jpg

Jeffy looks like a child
DionIreland smaller.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't his nickname "The Praying Mantis"? I like that better, no offense. Avatar is pretty appropriate given his ridiculous size though.

Isn't his nickname "The Praying Mantis"? I like that better, no offense. Avatar is pretty appropriate given his ridiculous size though.
I heard that was his nickname too.. Wonder if he likes it.

:lol:@next to other normal humans

That guy looks like he plays in the NBA.

The guy looks like Jason Taylor, and he's going to play Jason Taylor's position. He's as tall as Jason Taylor is. Do you think this is a coincidence here? They're putting a young Jason Taylor on the opposite end of Cameron Wake. This is not rocket science.

Yup his nickname is "The Praying Mantis" and it's pretty cool :-)

The guy looks like Jason Taylor, and he's going to play Jason Taylor's position. He's as tall as Jason Taylor is. Do you think this is a coincidence here?

I always thought Jason Taylor looked like Xerxes from the 300. but you are right, Jordan and Taylor are similar in size.

clear.gif

jason_taylor300-1.jpg

The guy looks like Jason Taylor, and he's going to play Jason Taylor's position. He's as tall as Jason Taylor is. Do you think this is a coincidence here? They're putting a young Jason Taylor on the opposite end of Cameron Wake. This is not rocket science.

Hopefully we'll have that Jason Taylor/Adewale Ogunleye-esque pass rush again :D

That would be great.

pretty sure it was jay Glazer that referred to him as avatar and the reason I remember was because Jay congratulated us on taking one of his mma students, I love the fact that he's doing the mma training.

I love Praying Mantis. Dions highlight video (one with the song Sail) gets me so pumped and it starts with the announcer addressing his size and his nickname - THE PRAYING MANTIS. Avatar reminds me of that dorky nerd from Grandmas Boy. Speaking of Grandmas Boy, OP smoked some deer weed before this post

FYI: It's Preying Mantis. Like a Birds of Prey not Pray

Back
Top Bottom