we CAN'T keep changing offensive coordinators | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we CAN'T keep changing offensive coordinators

ItsOurTime32

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
after all the talk all year i realized something, this offense will never be dominant or start off fast with a new offensive coordinator every season

so what if mularkey goes off the run sometimes players will know what his plays are and how his offense runs and better execute plays in this system

this system is for a decisive quarterback who can throw to receivers and let them get YAC and a pounding run team when we do run

keep mularkey around for another two, im sure saban sees the same things we do and although we think we know everything saban is the head football coach lets leave it in his hands on what happens to mularkey or what mularkey does

I agree, I think Mularkey will stay. His play calling has vastly improved as the season has gone on and I think it is better for the chemistry of the team if he stays.

Mularkey is no longer the problem. He has adapted to what he has, and the team is WINNING. That's all that matters.

if you're happy going 8-8 forever and enjoy watching a solid defense and mediocre offense, you stay with joey and mularkey. there's nothing wrong with 8-8. it's only half bad! every game we've won has been an incredible defensive effort! we're winning playing wanny ball! :lol:

did you know that mularkey has been in the bottom percentage in the leaugue regarding deep throw attempts his whole career?

re:

zonk4ever said:
if you're happy going 8-8 forever and enjoy watching a solid defense and mediocre offense, you stay with joey and mularkey. there's nothing wrong with 8-8. it's only half bad! every game we've won has been an incredible defensive effort! we're winning playing wanny ball! :lol:

Mularkey's been here less than one season, his record as O.C. is 6-7

Joey's Record is 5-3.

And if you're a Daunte supporter, his record was 1-3. And I don't care if he was healthy.

Stick with what everyone is getting to know. It will pay off.

zonk4ever said:

have u seen this team after the bye week? after we got used to the offensive system?

truth is you won't win it all with a mediocre quarterback/offensive coordinator.
the truth is also that you won't win it all with new schemes for players to learn every year

mularkey has to stay the next two years

tucker said:
did you know that mularkey has been in the bottom percentage in the leaugue regarding deep throw attempts his whole career?

our line can't block for 3-5 seconds all the time to give joey time to throw down field, the times he does he overthrows chambers

chambers doesn't fit this system this year

which is another problem with keeping mularkey but read my point above

re:

ItsOurTime32 said:
our line can't block for 3-5 seconds all the time to give joey time to throw down field, the times he does he overthrows chambers

chambers doesn't fit this system this year

which is another problem with keeping mularkey but read my point above

I will sort of agree with the "Chambers doesn't fit".

Sort of.

He's talented, and with that talent. He should he able to adapt.

A perfect compliment to Booker in this system (Mularkey's) would be Larry Fitzgerald. I know we'd never be able to get him, I'm just saying.

mularkey doesnt throw deep..never has and never will...thats why booker gets more of the plays..thats also why caulpepper doesnt fit mulakey's system..i think CK actually brought this point up before the season began and he has been correct on his assessment...mularkey for the most part is a very conservative play caller

Mularkey's taking less chances, and I'll guarantee you it's because Saban insisted on it, much the same way Saban got on Linehan's arse last year and made him "feed the studs" more.

As for Mularkey's future, it all depends on Saban's opinion of his playcalling. The offensive system is not terribly different from last year save for going to a shorter passing game to better suit Harrington and our line's pass blocking deficiencies. Ideally you would like to keep continuity, but if they chose to promote from within it might not be that big of an issue.

I'd rather change OC then keep a bad one just for the sake of continuity.

also harrington isnt very good at the deep ball

Back
Top Bottom