We didn't even play yet we fell 8 spots!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We didn't even play yet we fell 8 spots!!!!

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
We must be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL because ESPN certainly doesn't give the Dolphins any respect. Before week 1 the Fins were ranked 15 in the NFL power rankings and now that week one is over they are ranked 23, without even playing a down!!!!! Let's shut the critics up and unleash the talent laden roster on the Chargers and get the "W" in Smog Country by stealing their thunder. If the Jags can put a beating on Houston in that charged up atmosphere then the Fins can go on the road and do the same (Of course Houston has my thoughts and prayers for a different reason). It's important to get off to good start and there should be no excuses with preparation well thought out. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!

So we shall get ranked higher when we start playing

So I did some searching around the web and nowhere could I find that the Dolphins were ranked 15th by ESPN. They were ranked 25 and moved up 2 so that's good. What's bad is that they ranked us 25th. They don't respect the Dolphins at all. But I don't really care about power rankings.. Let's just win some games and make ESPN respect us!

We must be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL because ESPN certainly doesn't give the Dolphins any respect. Before week 1 the Fins were ranked 15 in the NFL power rankings and now that week one is over they are ranked 23, without even playing a down!!!!! Let's shut the critics up and unleash the talent laden roster on the Chargers and get the "W" in Smog Country by stealing their thunder. If the Jags can put a beating on Houston in that charged up atmosphere then the Fins can go on the road and do the same (Of course Houston has my thoughts and prayers for a different reason). It's important to get off to good start and there should be no excuses with preparation well thought out. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!
My thoughts and prayers go out to you for putting any stock into ESPN rankings.

So I did some searching around the web and nowhere could I find that the Dolphins were ranked 15th by ESPN. They were ranked 25 and moved up 2 so that's good. What's bad is that they ranked us 25th. They don't respect the Dolphins at all. But I don't really care about power rankings.. Let's just win some games and make ESPN respect us!

Could have been 15th by the NFLN, if so my mistake.

Unfortunately, if being unbiased.... I'd drop the Dolphins too just based on new scheduling. 16 straight games with only 7 at home. Gotta factor that in. It's unfair. Criminal to be honest. But it is what it is. Nothing ever comes easy for this franchise.

Not giving us the London game is robbery.... They should at least bend the rules and count week one as game one of TJ's suspension since our team is being bent over backwards because of a ****ing natural disaster. I mean, you've got to factor in all of the other suspensions (hint hint) over the years they get completely overturned.

Right or wrong, like it or not, Miami needs to prove they weren't a flash in the pan. A lot of the ranking criteria is consistency, which is why many here predict 4-6 wins. I'd put them closer to 16-18, but I understand the skepticism.

They'll be on our jock once we've put a few wins together, happened last year with Jay.

Why does anyone care about power rankings, much less those of ESPN?

Back
Top Bottom