We don't need Wide Receivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We don't need Wide Receivers

Did you see how NY beat the Patriots? They put pressure on Brady.

do we have 3 above average DE's that can do that and will we by next year?? Unlikely. Get N Asoumugha. Get that corner that CAN go one on one with Moss. Someone that can take all the pressure off Goodman and Hill. We need a good Cornerback, an Elite corner. Hands down, our Defense would be better with him.

Not one game we lost, was due to not having a "number one" receiver. Not one...
Ginn, Camarillo and Bess helped us get to 11-5. All three have great hands and can be relied upon. Ginn already demands safety help when he's out there which leaves Camarillo in single coverage and Bess to roam underneath or outside. Now that we have London stepping up we should be set for next season. Having a reliable receiving corp means we can now spend more money elsewhere where it is REALLY needed.

We do not need a number one receiver.

We need linebackers.
We need a free safety.
We need a nose tackle.
We need a center.

If you disagree, please explain how a number one receiver deserves more attention than any of the previously listed positions.

Until we get all those needs met, another WR can wait.

Until we get all those needs met, another WR can wait.

I agree that we have other needs but HOW could you pass on a TJ? Honestly? someone who would come in and make our WR corps just that much better, they are average or a little below now, we couldnt pass on TJ. We can get those other guys later on via draft free agency.

IMO, G/B/C are all very good 'slot' receivers...they can kill off linebackers in coverage mismatches...but truth is we need a big-fast-bada** on the outside, ala 'Dre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Plaxico Buress, etc.. I expect Wilford to be undressed, then cut by BP (and asked for money back); and that London, Armstrong, and resigned-Cannon wil get hard looks starting in March OTA's. Add in the WR we'll draft in April...yeah, things will be looking up.

I disagree...we need a legit #1 threat at WR.

Although LB, NT, and secondary needs addressing first...we can't sleep on finding a #1 or top tier #2 WR.

I agree that we have other needs but HOW could you pass on a TJ? Honestly? someone who would come in and make our WR corps just that much better, they are average or a little below now, we couldnt pass on TJ. We can get those other guys later on via draft free agency.

We have bigger needs. We need all the money we can save to address the positions that need upgraded. Wide receiver is not one of those positions. Since you aren't getting my point how about this. Tell me how TJ will come in and score touchdowns for us that Ginn, Camarillo, Bess and London can't.

we dont need a receiver, we need 2 receivers. we have no depth at the position once camarillo went down.

IMO camarillo, bess, ginn are fine WRS. But we need a WR that teams would need to game plan for. Someone the defense fears.

He will be 32 at the start of next season, will demand a big contract and has never really been the big time go to guy for Cincinnati. His yards per catch the past two years are 10.2 and 9.8. That is not good.

We have bigger needs. We need all the money we can save to address the positions that need upgraded. Wide receiver is not one of those positions. Since you aren't getting my point how about this. Tell me how TJ will come in and score touchdowns for us that Ginn, Camarillo, Bess and London can't.

yeah and your not getting any of my point either. You complain about i want TJ and NA. tell me who youd rather have. and how will he score TDs that they cant. Anyone can score TDS, TJ is proven none of our other guys are. Our Wrs are all young, we need a guy like TJ who has a good attitude and is a playmaker. If we get TJ it will open up for the other guys to get more TDs becasue teams will focus more on TJ then our unproven young WRS. I make a solid case, End of story.

He will be 32 at the start of next season, will demand a big contract and has never really been the big time go to guy for Cincinnati. His yards per catch the past two years are 10.2 and 9.8. That is not good.

hes been the go to guy for 2 years now, and his ypc down this year cuz he had an unproven QB. and in 07 he led league in catches so id imagine his ypc isnt the best. am i correct or no?

and u never did answer my ? about tom brady and Ne, u disagree about getting asomugha and u say get pressure on brady like giants did ant yea thats correct. but do we have 3 above average lineman ?? and its unlikely we wil l have 3 by next year

Do we need WRs.. like plural.. no.. but we need to upgrade that position.

Like we need to upgrade out defensive and offensive lines. And our linebacking corps.. (I'm not sold as Crowder being a Thomas replacement) And yes... we need to upgrade our secondary.

With next years schedule.. we better be looking to upgrade all over the field.. Baltimore made that fairly evident.. and WR is definitely one of those positions.

his QB blew this year.

Ugh please don't start that again. The old Chris Chambers excuse. "He's an elite WR, but his stats suck because the QB stinks.... for 7 years running." Yet amazingly, WRs like Boldin and Ward somehow managed to put up monster stats every year despite playing with a rotation of bad QBs.

Back
Top Bottom