% we get Wallace or Jennings? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

% we get Wallace or Jennings?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
i do think we will make a push for both players.but i do not think we will be able to convince Wallace to come here.and if it is true what i have read that Phiblin is not a big fan of Jennings i could see us move our attention on the CB'S in FA and not the WR.
what is the % you think that we sign either one of them
Wallace = 10%
Jennings =25%

Wallace will sign with us if we offer him the most money because if he wasn't all about the money he would've signed with Pitt. Last year. They offered him 5yr/43m and he turned it down so they signed Antonio Brown to the same contract instead. I think Ireland will do what it takes to get it done.

Wallace 20%
Jenining 0%

I dont think the Dolphins are going to pay 13 to 15 million for Wallace. It looks that is what is going to take.
Jeninings it is either a smoke screen or Philin does not like him. The same was said about Flynn last year and we saw the results.

It is going to be a very unhappy Dolphins fan base. Hopefully we get a playmaker. Not sure where?

Wallace 20%
Jenining 0%

I dont think the Dolphins are going to pay 13 to 15 million for Wallace. It looks that is what is going to take.
Jeninings it is either a smoke screen or Philin does not like him. The same was said about Flynn last year and we saw the results.

It is going to be a very unhappy Dolphins fan base. Hopefully we get a playmaker. Not sure where?[/QUOTE]

just may be with a big name TE

My guess is...

Jennings was probably signed two months ago.

It would be cool if we pretended to get into a bidding war with NE over Wallace just to make them blow their money

15% Wallace
80% Jennings

I hope we get Jennings, honestly.

After hearing news that Percy Harvin wants out of Minnisota I think our chances just went up a bit more. Wallace will hear about Harvin's situation and he has to consider the fact that if he goes to the vikings the whole situation is murky. In miami its simple, be the undisputed #1 guy and get paid.

If you think about it from Wallace's perspective His options are,

A) go to the team that has current WR turmoil (Vikings) and won't take care of their top guy salary wise. (even if Harvin is the headcase) this leaves a bad impression of Vikes.
B) or, go to the team who knows exactly what role Wallace would play (#1 Reciever) and who just took care of their own (Brian Hartline) with a very fair contract after playing (arguably) well for the team last year.

This coupled with what we already know, id say we are at least moving around the 60 -70 percent range to sign Wallace (assuming he truly is our top target and we are not blowing elaborate smoke screens)

Now if the Pats are truly serious and willing to really bid for his services id say our chances go down alot. but I think they are bluffing (which is the smart move)

Back
Top Bottom