We gonna act like Tannehill didn't just have/lea back to back clutch drives this game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The Tannehills Have Eyes, Nov 25, 2012.

1. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

Against one of the best defenses in the league/ best secondary in the NFL?

Tannehill with less talent on O goes clutch against a good defense while Wilson with much better talent on O loses to one of the worst if not the worst secondary in the League.

Tannehill for never say never player of the week

2. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I loved how Tim Ryan was talking up Russell Wilson all game until the end when it looked like Tannehill was going to lead us to the winning score. Awesome.

3. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

kid made some great plays and a few ugly ones as well.
    its his first year you have to expect this type of play.i will take him over Henne every day of the week and twice on the weekend

4. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Ya, Fran Tarkenton cost them the game by trying to run again! It is good to have a QB that is capable of leading comebacks late in games considering we didn't have any last year despite multiple opportunities!

5. FinHopeful

FinHopeful Starter

Good summary of his game! I was happy that we outscored the opponent in the fourth and one the game. Last week was the first time we outscored the opponent in the fourth this year. It is a good trend.

6. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

Not going to lie. I scared the baby and the dog yelling at the TV after Tanny's 2nd INT (which was called back), but that's the first time I have doubted him, and you have to LOVE his ability to shake off a bad throw and rebound. He had two of his worst throws of the year today, but he didn't allow that to affect his play the rest of the game. And I love the way he ran the ball when plays broke down. This win is on him and the running game, which finally rematerialized. He NEEDS the running game to be productive at this point to have a chance.

7. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

This and take notice of the talent he has around him.

8. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Who is russell wilson?

9. phinking

phinking A True Fan

That's on come from behind win for him. It's about damn time. Let's hope he keeps it up.

10. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Yes sir, we are.

That's EXACTLY how the FinHeven Cess Pool Crew will act.

No credit whatsoever will be given to Ryan Tannehill.

11. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP

Theres already a thread up about how Tannehill only lead us back because we got lucky with a penalty. Some people just refuse to be happy.

12. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm sure the "Hennehill" crew will be here any second now to point out that he threw an interception and had another one called back on a penalty.

13. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

FinHeaven Cess Pool Crew clocking in for duty.

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

That interception was awful. What stands out to me far more than the INT, however, is the fact that he brushed it off and lead a game-winning drive against a top 3 defense. That's what good QBs do. They brush that **** off and move on. Tannehill finished this game.

15. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Oh, I agree completely. Both the INT and the one that got called back were just brutal decisions. I thought Tannehill's decision making was excellent for the most part all season up until the last two minutes of that Buffalo game, when it seemed like he just said '**** it' and started pressing too hard. And he showed some of that again in today's game, which concerns me a little bit. I wonder if the coaching staff told him to be more aggressive?

But the thing is, today he also showed me much improved mobility in the pocket and some sorely needed scrambling threat. I really think we saw progression from him today, hope he can keep taking those next steps.

16. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan Well-Known Member

He was moving well in the pocket today, and his mobility was much better. Huge game, one he can build on.

17. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Today was a team win. Tannehill can make things happen if his team blocks, catches, and runs the ball for him. Otherwise, we have a tough time.

The Oline blocked well, we ran the ball well, Tannehill finally started to take off and run (been waiting for that to happen), the defense stuffed the run, and Carpenter hit one when it counted.

Cant wait for the offseason when this season is over because I think we load up with some more weapons at TE and WR.

18. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

Totally agree with everything you said. The called-back interception showed some really bad judgement - but he didn't let it affect him at all, he just went right back at it. That, plus his willingness to use his legs to make plays marked a real meaningful step in his development. Well done, Ryan!

19. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

It's actually almost exactly ON time. HE'S A ROOKIE.

20. Joba-nator

Joba-nator Rookie

Russell Wilson can keep his padded stats from 3 yard TD throws, I'll keep the win

21. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Tanehill's injury had nagged him more than they let on. He moved well today, and he showed more confidence than the last few weeks.

22. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

One of the things that really stuck out to me in this game was that Tannehill showed some significant progress against zone coverage. It was rough early but then he started finding soft spots in the zone and it got to the point that the Seahawks started blitzing more in the 4th quarter and Tannehill started to audible. More progress needed but that was a big step IMO.

23. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Seattle is pretty damn confusing with their coverage. He had his mental lapses but he figured it out by the 4th and that's what counts. Can't wait for him to get a full offseason and new toys next year

24. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

I thought tannehill played really well overall today. I was taking a leak when the first pick happened, but I saw the one that got called back, it was terrible. But he bounced back and he made some really impressive plays today. Did a good job of running for a couple first downs too. I had been waiting for him to do it, especially after how bad we've been getting burned by it on the defensive end, but today was the first time in seemingly weeks that he took off and ran and it paid off huge for us. The pick he had last week when he forced the throw when he could've easily ran was frustrating, but once he gets that down he will be much better for it.