We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL

Dolfansal

Starter
Reaction score
Here are just a few things through the years
  • Drafting Ronnie Brown #2
  • Drafting Jake Long #1
  • Drafting Ted Ginn
  • Drafting Pat White in 2nd round
  • GM asking Dez if mom is a prostitute
  • Bad coach after bad coach
  • Laramy Tunsil situation
  • Jonathan Martin/ Incognito situation
  • Coach snorting coke before meeting

I came up with these off the top of my head. Feel free to add more if you would like.

Everything's magnified because of losing

In reality, most of these things are not even remembered outside on the fanbase.

I would hardly say we are any worse off than most teams. Bullygate is the one exception as that garnered true national attention, but even coach coke didn't get a significant amount of run.

I agree with Ren, most teams have had similar things occur. Look at the Jets for instance. I think we gained some respect last year but lost it so far this year. We need to be given some slack cause Tanny went down and thats never good for any team just see the Raiders. We just need to win and win consistently and unfortunately it's not something we have been able to do. I think it's the Marino curse.

• Drafting Jake Long #1
  • Drafting Ted Ginn

I came up with these off the top of my head. Feel free to add more if you would like.

I can! I can! Not only drafting Dion Jordon # 3, but trading away a second round pick to do so. At least with all the picks you mentioned, no picks were given away to draft any of those players.

Additionally, Ross having the teams GM get on a plane with him to California to recruit Harbaugh as your HC, only to be rebuffed and then having to give your lousy current HC who you did not fire a contract extension as a form of an apology.

All that plus more and yet we are still 2-2 - imagine if these guys (i'm looking at YOU offense) actually get their s*** together!

• Drafting Jake Long #1
  • Drafting Ted Ginn

Umm...

• Drafting Ronnie Brown #2.... Though it still Kills me that we could have/should have had Rodgers, Browns still was a very effective RB, so this was not that big a mistake.
  • Drafting Jake Long #1...Though his injuries forced him to decline, and finally retire too early, when he was healthy, he was one of the 2 best tackles in football, and could have been worse, we might have drafted Melty Ice.
  • Drafting Ted Ginn...Agreed, this one really hurt, especially when we could have a great M-LB like Patrick Willis.
  • Drafting Pat White in 2nd round...This was horrible, and had Big Tuna's finger prints all over it... terrible, we could have gotten LeSean McCoy.
  • GM asking Dez if mom is a prostitute...Yea, another blunder by a very over his head GM.
  • Bad coach after bad coach...Though this true, it has happened to most teams, so, this does not make Miami any more laughing stock then most other teams.
  • Laramy Tunsil situation...Tunsil well at Guard for us last year, and now learning to become a LT in the NFL (One of the tougher positions in the pros), the jury is still out on him.
  • Jonathan Martin/ Incognito situation...This was an embarrassment, allowed by some terrible coaches, starting with the HC.
  • Coach snorting coke before meeting...Though another embarrassing black eye for the Dolphins, nothing that has not happened to other team, sure not to a coach, but there have been many drugs, and Drinking scandels...heck, the owner of the Colts is an alcoholic that on a few occasions has made a fool of himself.

Can't forget Timmons AWOL. Also Ricky quitting in 2004. The Harbaugh-Sparano debacle. Cecil Collins creeping into random women's closets. Marino's love child. Nick Saban quitting.

We never stop being a a tabloid team. Our play on the field may be boring every year but we never stop being boring off the field.

Go take a walk outside, breathe the fresh air and thank whoever you choose to pray to that these are the big problems consuming your attention...

Seriously, you could take almost any pro team and get a list of foul ups. And some of yours, Jake Long for example, were not blunders. He stays healthy and he's likely a HoF LT...he was about as dominant of a olineman as I've seen his first few healthy years

Back
Top Bottom