We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolfansal, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Dolfansal

Dolfansal Starter

Here are just a few things through the years
    • Drafting Ronnie Brown #2
    • Drafting Jake Long #1
    • Drafting Ted Ginn
    • Drafting Pat White in 2nd round
    • GM asking Dez if mom is a prostitute
    • Bad coach after bad coach
    • Laramy Tunsil situation
    • Jonathan Martin/ Incognito situation
    • Coach snorting coke before meeting

I came up with these off the top of my head. Feel free to add more if you would like.

2. Ren

Ren Rookie

Almost every team has a similar list. This one just stands out to you because of your exposure to it. I live in Dallas. I can assure you, the Cowboys' list is just as long, if not longer.

3. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

THe Tunsil things was bad for Miami. It was regarded as a complete steal of a pick.

Fintastic17 likes this.
  4. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Everything's magnified because of losing

5. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

In reality, most of these things are not even remembered outside on the fanbase.

I would hardly say we are any worse off than most teams. Bullygate is the one exception as that garnered true national attention, but even coach coke didn't get a significant amount of run.

6. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

I agree with Ren, most teams have had similar things occur. Look at the Jets for instance. I think we gained some respect last year but lost it so far this year. We need to be given some slack cause Tanny went down and thats never good for any team just see the Raiders. We just need to win and win consistently and unfortunately it's not something we have been able to do. I think it's the Marino curse.

7. AEGBRG

AEGBRG 9th Season Coming Soon

I can! I can! Not only drafting Dion Jordon # 3, but trading away a second round pick to do so. At least with all the picks you mentioned, no picks were given away to draft any of those players.

Additionally, Ross having the teams GM get on a plane with him to California to recruit Harbaugh as your HC, only to be rebuffed and then having to give your lousy current HC who you did not fire a contract extension as a form of an apology.

dolpns13, rudys119 and royalshank like this.
  8. randomname

randomname A True Fan

Hiring Tannenbaum.

9. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Optimist Homer Finheaven VIP

All that plus more and yet we are still 2-2 - imagine if these guys (i'm looking at YOU offense) actually get their s*** together!

royalshank likes this.
  10. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Umm...

• Drafting Ronnie Brown #2.... Though it still Kills me that we could have/should have had Rodgers, Browns still was a very effective RB, so this was not that big a mistake.
    • Drafting Jake Long #1...Though his injuries forced him to decline, and finally retire too early, when he was healthy, he was one of the 2 best tackles in football, and could have been worse, we might have drafted Melty Ice.
    • Drafting Ted Ginn...Agreed, this one really hurt, especially when we could have a great M-LB like Patrick Willis.
    • Drafting Pat White in 2nd round...This was horrible, and had Big Tuna's finger prints all over it... terrible, we could have gotten LeSean McCoy.
    • GM asking Dez if mom is a prostitute...Yea, another blunder by a very over his head GM.
    • Bad coach after bad coach...Though this true, it has happened to most teams, so, this does not make Miami any more laughing stock then most other teams.
    • Laramy Tunsil situation...Tunsil well at Guard for us last year, and now learning to become a LT in the NFL (One of the tougher positions in the pros), the jury is still out on him.
    • Jonathan Martin/ Incognito situation...This was an embarrassment, allowed by some terrible coaches, starting with the HC.
    • Coach snorting coke before meeting...Though another embarrassing black eye for the Dolphins, nothing that has not happened to other team, sure not to a coach, but there have been many drugs, and Drinking scandels...heck, the owner of the Colts is an alcoholic that on a few occasions has made a fool of himself.

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.
  11. DolFan31

DolFan31 aka FinSane

Can't forget Timmons AWOL. Also Ricky quitting in 2004. The Harbaugh-Sparano debacle. Cecil Collins creeping into random women's closets. Marino's love child. Nick Saban quitting.

We never stop being a a tabloid team. Our play on the field may be boring every year but we never stop being boring off the field.

12. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Old news.

13. TheWozz

TheWozz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Go take a walk outside, breathe the fresh air and thank whoever you choose to pray to that these are the big problems consuming your attention...

Seriously, you could take almost any pro team and get a list of foul ups. And some of yours, Jake Long for example, were not blunders. He stays healthy and he's likely a HoF LT...he was about as dominant of a olineman as I've seen his first few healthy years

14. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

who could forget Bully-gate? hahaha

MiamiMuss likes this.
  15. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

fail forward fast was another special time for me. :wall

dolpns13 likes this.
  16. ChrisTRD

ChrisTRD A True Fan

Yes we are. Not the Browns, 49ers, Bills, Jags, Jets... Yup. Only us....

17. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Smoking Hole at the Hard Rock Moderator Finheaven VIP

What is there to add other than bad drafting? That tops all in my opinion. We could go on for weeks listing NFL teams negative downfalls. I mean what is worse than Aaron Hernandez and the many cheating scandals by the Patriots? Can't really think of any, the Patsies distractions won't be remembered over their many successful seasons. Sitting around wallowing in the garbage will only make your season worse, still a lot of games left enjoy the season for what it is. There was never going to be a shiny silver football trophy at the end , we knew this before the season started.

John Biello, Sarnics13 and finmann like this.
  18. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

As a fan you've got to be able to survive some ups and downs. Miami has certainly had its share of downs since about the time Don Shula retired. Actually, even in the last years of Shula when the Dolphins had a once in a lifetime quarterback but couldn't win a title.

Despite what we've seen this year, I still feel the team is on the upswing. The defense has been much better than advertised, though there are still needs there. Offense has been a disaster, but next year get Ryan Tannehill back and hopefully spend some premium picks on the offensive line.

19. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Miami has been a laughingstock for about 10
    Years now.

20. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

thinking Timmons going AWOL may have been linked to this Forester thing; i never said 'how' i came into the story... but i will say that there were outside forces & names attached that could connect the two elements together; and that the possible reason Timmons bolted may have been because he didn't want to be linked to something he saw/experienced that night before.

21. Aquablood

Aquablood Well-Known Member

OK, current dolphins, that have impact for this and next season, how about RT decided on voodoo healing.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  22. lurking

lurking FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Can't we just ***** about the current dolphins.
    There's enough there not to bring up the past.

23. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

Isolated incidents that will have no bearing on our future.

Reviewing past drafts to point out failures? Well start with New England because their list is as vast as anyone's.

Like another poster said. Losing magnifies things.

Johnathon Martin and Chris Foerester are irrelevant to the direction we will be heading once this team regains it's QB. And if your a true optimist, in both cases, you could argue we were better the sooner we got rid of them both so they did us the favor of expediting that process.

Get a guard and TE who can play to go along with the return of #17 and then we will see who's laughing.

24. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

The positive of all this, at least the season became entertaining again. Even if its just for a brief moment

25. ShorePhin

ShorePhin A True Fan

Our TE's tend not to be serial killer/drug dealers. See its to race to the bottom when you're bored and start lame threads on any given afternoon on the internet

26. steveo style

steveo style Scout Team Donator

Actually the Browns and Giants are currently the joke of the NFL

27. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Browns yes. Giants despite their 0-5 record are not a laughingstock. 2 rings in the last 10 years keeps them still respected as a franchise. San Francisco, a once highly respected franchise is slowly becoming a laughingstock franchise.

28. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd like to think those TEs were more successful on and off the field (given their aspirations) than any TE the Phins have had for a long time. Maybe Dustin Keller was solid but... knee blew up during pre season

29. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

the NFL is about one thing and one thing only

Winning and Losing

as fun as it is for announcers to chime in on how "dysfunctional" franchises are....it really isn't relevant once you start winning games

30. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

This franchise has been a joke since Nick Saban passed on Drew Brees which led to Saban quitting ten months later. Everything since then has been a disaster except for two lucky years in 2008 and 2016.

31. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Losing to 2nd year Houston at home on opening day as 2 TD favorites in 2003 I think started the downward spiral of this franchise.

32. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Giants had a player show up today, decide he didn’t want to do anything and leave. We are bad but some still have it worse.

1 dol fan likes this.
  33. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

What do you mean 'has become'?

34. traptses

traptses Starter

The Patriots had spygate, deflate gate, and a guy arrested arrested on multiple murder charges

35. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

They also won multiple Super Bowls.

36. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Look guys since Shula its been mediocre at best around here and its not because we have had cheap owners who didn't try. Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells and Nick Saban are/were big names in the business who had been highly successful in the football world prior to joining the Dolphins. As far as our present situation we looked like sh*t at this time last year even with RT at the helm barely beating the lowly Browns and lucky to do so. The defense was a sieve and the offense was barely breathing. We are currently standing at 2/2 after a 10 6 season, with what appears to be a better defense, a proven running back and the same offensive line minus Albert. Yea, I get the Cutler issue who is playing not to loose but other than that we are the same offense as last year and we won with Moore. So yea we have a hard schedule ahead, but remember the Titans game this week was suppose to be lost and their QB went down and our defense showed up. Gase proved crafty last year stealing victory from defeat, hang on and lets see what he can pull out of his hat.

37. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

Yeah...I wouldn't call us the laughing stock of the league. But thank you for venting

38. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

Awful thread. Miami isn’t a laughingstock. If they were it wouldn’t be because of these things you listed.

39. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

We are being laughed at because we have the pieces on offense to be a high scoring team. Last year, albeit with Tannehill, we had the same players and we were a dangerous team in Gase's system. This year we lose Albert and Tanny and this mess is all we get? It is pretty laughable.

40. Brad528

Brad528 Pro Bowler

No really other than our ol coach