We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL

Here are just a few things through the years
  • Drafting Ronnie Brown #2
  • Drafting Jake Long #1
  • Drafting Ted Ginn
  • Drafting Pat White in 2nd round
  • GM asking Dez if mom is a prostitute
  • Bad coach after bad coach
  • Laramy Tunsil situation
  • Jonathan Martin/ Incognito situation
  • Coach snorting coke before meeting

I came up with these off the top of my head. Feel free to add more if you would like.
What is there to add other than bad drafting? That tops all in my opinion. We could go on for weeks listing NFL teams negative downfalls. I mean what is worse than Aaron Hernandez and the many cheating scandals by the Patriots? Can't really think of any, the Patsies distractions won't be remembered over their many successful seasons. Sitting around wallowing in the garbage will only make your season worse, still a lot of games left enjoy the season for what it is. There was never going to be a shiny silver football trophy at the end , we knew this before the season started.

As a fan you've got to be able to survive some ups and downs. Miami has certainly had its share of downs since about the time Don Shula retired. Actually, even in the last years of Shula when the Dolphins had a once in a lifetime quarterback but couldn't win a title.

Despite what we've seen this year, I still feel the team is on the upswing. The defense has been much better than advertised, though there are still needs there. Offense has been a disaster, but next year get Ryan Tannehill back and hopefully spend some premium picks on the offensive line.

Can't forget Timmons AWOL. Also Ricky quitting in 2004. The Harbaugh-Sparano debacle. Cecil Collins creeping into random women's closets. Marino's love child. Nick Saban quitting.

We never stop being a a tabloid team. Our play on the field may be boring every year but we never stop being boring off the field.

thinking Timmons going AWOL may have been linked to this Forester thing; i never said 'how' i came into the story... but i will say that there were outside forces & names attached that could connect the two elements together; and that the possible reason Timmons bolted may have been because he didn't want to be linked to something he saw/experienced that night before.

OK, current dolphins, that have impact for this and next season, how about RT decided on voodoo healing.

Last edited:
Can't we just bitch about the current dolphins.
There's enough there not to bring up the past.

Isolated incidents that will have no bearing on our future.

Reviewing past drafts to point out failures? Well start with New England because their list is as vast as anyone's.

Like another poster said. Losing magnifies things.

Johnathon Martin and Chris Foerester are irrelevant to the direction we will be heading once this team regains it's QB. And if your a true optimist, in both cases, you could argue we were better the sooner we got rid of them both so they did us the favor of expediting that process.

Get a guard and TE who can play to go along with the return of #17 and then we will see who's laughing.

The positive of all this, at least the season became entertaining again. Even if its just for a brief moment

Our TE's tend not to be serial killer/drug dealers. See its to race to the bottom when you're bored and start lame threads on any given afternoon on the internet

Actually the Browns and Giants are currently the joke of the NFL
Browns yes. Giants despite their 0-5 record are not a laughingstock. 2 rings in the last 10 years keeps them still respected as a franchise. San Francisco, a once highly respected franchise is slowly becoming a laughingstock franchise.

Our TE's tend not to be serial killer/drug dealers. See its to race to the bottom when you're bored and start lame threads on any given afternoon on the internet
I'd like to think those TEs were more successful on and off the field (given their aspirations) than any TE the Phins have had for a long time. Maybe Dustin Keller was solid but... knee blew up during pre season

the NFL is about one thing and one thing only

Winning and Losing

as fun as it is for announcers to chime in on how "dysfunctional" franchises are....it really isn't relevant once you start winning games

This franchise has been a joke since Nick Saban passed on Drew Brees which led to Saban quitting ten months later. Everything since then has been a disaster except for two lucky years in 2008 and 2016.

Back
Top Bottom