We have been had again by Ireland and co

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by uga3406, Apr 28, 2011.

1. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

What a joke this pick is. It's as bad as the Ginn pick. Pouncey is no center...what a joke we draft a O-Lineman and still have have no 2nd rd pick. Worst is, they could of drafted this guy in the 20's and got a 2nd rd pick. This is sad and how bad can it get folks??? This organzation is a joke.

2. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

At least it guarantees this organization gets fired when we manage yet another losing season.

3. PJack

PJack A True Fan

Great O and D lines. Apparently they don't know that the team with more points...wins.

4. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

r u sure about that? ireland is but buddies with ross...god i cant stomach ireland he is pure garbage

5. JRoX85

JRoX85 Well-Known Member

Well at least we have a legit shot at luck next year oh wait we will pass on him and draft a kicker

6. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

7. BostonPhin4

BostonPhin4 Well-Known Member

I don't care how good of friends they are. Ross thought attendance was down last year?!?! Hahahaha

What do you think is more important his bottom line or his friendship with Ireland?

Don't worry the real joke will be on Ireland and Sparano when they are both waiting in the unemployment line come week 10 when this team is 2-8 and Ross sees a half empty stadium for each home game.

Unfortunately for Ross, it may be to late to win back this fanbase at that point. We have been screwed over to many times while Ross just sat by and counted his money.

One bright side is we can look for this team to over compensate come free agency. Imagine Sproles and D.Williams in the same backfield. Or Sims-Walker lining up opposite B.Marsh. Unfortunately at this point we still have no one capable of getting the ball to our biggest playmaker(Marshall), and I don't see him taking another season of Chad Henne making him look mediocre lying down.

8. JEDIJ007

JEDIJ007 It's a trap! Finheaven VIP

ross is such a *****. he wanted an exciting football team. what he got is a 3 and out team. i guarantee we will again be scoring more FG then TD's this is going to be a long season. I wish they all lose there jobs and ross goes broke.

9. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

Maybe we can trade up and grab Mallet still....but I doubt it

10. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

Unless we trade our first for next year for some joke of a player like Dalton or Keapernick.

11. rob19

rob19 Soul Rebel Finheaven VIP Donator

12. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

Or you clowns could be Seattle fans &be really pissed off with their pick, who is a 3rd rounder at best. We need a centre. We got one.

13. Wishfishin

Wishfishin Waterboy

You think Mallet with the stone feet would do any better than Henne without solidifying the line first? This was a solid pick and one that will make sense once we draft some playmakers in the next few rounds.

14. BostonPhin4

BostonPhin4 Well-Known Member

Yup because that's what rounds 3-7 are really known for PLAYMAKERS!

I'm not saying there are none, but you are much better off getting your playmakers rounds 1-2, and your lineman rounds 3-7.

15. Wishfishin

Wishfishin Waterboy

I hear you, but it seems like this year's draft is flip-flopped. Look at the number of lineman taken in round one.

16. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't know what people are so worked up about.

Bar Lockerr, Dalton (who was a big reach and everybody hates) and Ingram (if you believe in taking RBs in R1), none of the players that fin fans are lusting over are gone.

I guarantee we tried to trade down and got no takers. We weren't the only ones forced to pick at their spot for lack of a trade partner I'm the middle picks. I thought someone would come up for Prince but look how far he fell...

It's by no means a sexy pick, sure. I'm pi$$ed off we couldn't swing a 2nd rounder, which is the big disappointment IMO.

But maybe we can engineer a trade up and get one of the many GREAT players in R2.

As for not taking a QB, I think they would have taken any of the 3 that were already gone. Theres a reason they got Kaep and Mallett in so many times- to decide if they were worth first round picks or not. They obviously decided not. I respect CK's analysis, but it's just one opinion and maybe they are working on a swoop for someone now. Let's just see the draft out before the public stoning begins.

It's not like we're the only team with multiple needs who settled on a fattie in the first round.

17. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Who were the playmakers available at 15? NONE.

Solid pick.

18. PhinsTD

PhinsTD Phins fanatic

I wasn't happy last night, and I'm not happy now. The pick is not great value as is, but to me, it just signals another conservative move by a regime always too scared to be great or take a chance.

Someone said we need a Center. We need a Center because this regime has failed us in building/developing an OL. Their supposed specialty.

Now we have a C who can't snap.

19. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

but we can always hope our coaches will coach him up. oh wait

20. Fin Thirteen

Pouncey will not start straight away and when he does it may well be at guard.

Let's give the guy a chance before the haters get their meathooks in.

21. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Pouncey probably, IMO, would not have been there in the 20's. I had heard multiple reports that Pats were going to take him at 17. If Miami wanted him they had to get him at 15. Saying all that I am underwhelmed by the pick, not because I don't think Pouncey won't be good, but because we truly need some offensive skilled players.

22. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

23. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Very similar things were said when we drafted Long over Ryan. I heard Why draft Ryan if we dont have a LT to keep him up.

Yet we drafted a LT 1st and QB2 yet Atlanta drafted a QB st and LT2nd. How did that workout? Sound familiar?
    Chubbs

24. Fin Thirteen

Unless I'm mistaken nobody has drafted Mallett Kaep or Ponder yet so how does this compare to the Ryan situation?

25. Lord Of Miami

Lord Of Miami A True Fan

No one called us to move down so this whole thread is bunk.

We drafted a guy who filled a HUGE need, so it's a good pick.You may not like the pick but that doesn't make it a bad pick.

26. RockyMtnPhinfan

RockyMtnPhinfan A True Fan Donator

This is a ridicullous statement. We'll be loving this guy when he makes the pro bowl.

Listen man, i wanted an exciting pick too. But when the dust settles and we reflect on who was playing guard for us last season. Pat f*cking McQuistan???? Who the h*ll is he anyways? Had anyone here even heard of the guy before he was STARTING for us?

Anyone thinking the difference between Maurkice and Mike is anything more than a pecker hair is wrong. It stings a little right now but i think we'll fall in love with him just as we have Jake Long.

27. RockyMtnPhinfan

RockyMtnPhinfan A True Fan Donator

Were you even watching the draft last night?

Wrong.

28. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

sad? really? who's sad? u are...sucks to be u

29. Fin Thirteen

Whoa. Sleep deprivation! The draft finished at 3.30am where I'm at and the head is clearly still fuzzy! Scratch Ponder of course!

As for Pouncey at center, I seem to remember a load of crap from the FO about Starks playing NT too.

30. Wishfishin

Wishfishin Waterboy

I like our LT better than their LT. LOL

Chubbs, I want a QB as bad as any Fin fan but I do think when the smoke clears from the draft and FA we'll have one that we can all get excited about.

31. NorthFLPhin

NorthFLPhin Starter

My problem is we had a good oline two years ago. Then the guru decided to go the cheaper route and cut guys like Smiley and Grove. Well the line then sucked and now we had to use the number 15 overall pick to fix their previous screw up. It's just very frustrating when we have so many holes many of which were created by this regime.

32. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

Of course he will start straight away, that's garbage. We started a 3rd rounder last year on the Oline day one.

I don't think anyone is denying he's a good player, but people are rightly pointing out that it's not value and the team needed a bolder pick.

33. Dolphin Dave

Dolphin Dave Scout Team

Really!? You obviously have inside information. Who was it that offered us their 1st round pick in the mid 20's along with their 2nd rd pick? Did we turn it down? Who should we burn at the stake? Come on man, I have my pitch fork and torch ready, lets go get 'em!

Do you really expect this pick to be worse than Ginn? I have to say it will be interesting to see an offensive lineman running straight out of bounds almost everytime he touches the ball.

LOL!

34. Jacmac08

Jacmac08 Rookie

Im torn over this pick.

I like the fact we have Pouncey on our team. The thought of having Long and Pouncey on the same line for the foreseeable future is definitely appealing.

We don't however have a QB on the roster I have any confidence in. If the FO simple didn't feel there was a franchise caliber QB available then thats fair enough. They have staked their careers on that now.

For that reason though I also hope we don't trade back into the 2nd round to take a QB or even take one in the 3rd. You very rarely find franchise QBs at this stage of the draft and if the FO had any confidence in someone being 'their guy' they should have taken him at 15. We have too many other needs to take another prospect these guys aren't sure about. With the standard of players in other positions still available it would also cost alot to trade into the 2nd round.

35. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

just hang one bit here mate. You know what your asking? Your asking some fin fans to be patient. These are the same fin fans who are expecting a losing season with the offensive co-ordinator from Cleveland hired to take the place of the walking corpse. The same fans who wanted to draft a qb in the 1st that went in the 3rd. Clearly you are a newbie here....