we need another big runningback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we need another big runningback

maverick50

the top gun of all fin fans
Reaction score
DOES ANYBODY THINK THAT WE SHOULD LOOK AT ANOTHER BIG RUNNINGBACK REGARDLESS IF IT IS THOUGH F/A OR DRAFT ?
I KNOW WE DESPRATELY NEED LINEBACKER, SAFETY AND OLINE BUT HERE IS HOW I COULD SEE US MAKING IT WORK.
OR WE COULD TRADE CHAMBERS TO DENVER FOR RB TATUM BELL .

THEN WE COULD DRAFT ADRIAN PETERSON WITH OUR FIRST PICK (WHO CARES IF WE USE 2 1ST RD PICKS ) HAVING FIREPOWER IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN SEMATICS. REMEMBER CSONKA , KIICK , AND MY MAN MORRIS ?

IN F/A BRING IN 1 OLINEMAN AND IN RD 4 BRING IN RG CORRY HILLIARD THEN IN RD 2 OR RD 3 DRAFT D'JUAN WOODS AND ANOTHER BIG RECEIVER. THEN WE CUT BOOKER OR TRADE HIM TOO.

THE IDEA IS TO BEEF UP THE OFFENSE AND JUST TWEEK THE DEFENSE BECAUSE WE DO HAVE RODERICK WRIGHT AND MANNY WRIGHT COMING BACK AND THAT LEAVES THE LINEBACKER AND SAFETY POSITION TO ADDRESS.

SO HERE IS HOW OUR OFFENSE LOOKS LIKE NEXT YEAR.
QB = DC JOEY AND CLEO
RB = BROWN , PETERSON AND WILLIS
TE = MCMICHEAL , RIVERS AND PEELE
WR = HAGEN , WELKER ,WOODS AND ? AND GIBSON.
OLINE WHOEVER WE CAN ASSEMBLE .

I WOULD BRING MARCELLUS RIVERS IN BECUASE HE CAN MAKE PLAYS WHICH WOULD HELP RANDY OUT.

WOODS, WELKER , HAGEN , GIBSON AND ________ WOULLD BE A KILLER WR CORP.

NOW I KNOW THAT YOU GUYS MIGHT NOT LIKE THIS BUT MIAMI NEEDS A COUPLE MORE OKIES ON THE ROSTER JUST LOOK AT THE SUCCESS THAT TRAYLOR AND WELKER ARE HAVING.

I AM STUBORN ON THIS BECAUSE I SNIFF OUT PLAYMAKERS EVEN IF THEY ARE ON THE MOON. :sidelol: :cooldude:

Not if Ricky comes back next year. If so, then we might want to draft a big RB when Ricky says he's a year away from retirement (which he could be a joint away from it at any time, you just never know with him.)

Gardenhead said:
lay off the caps lock.
:lol:
funny, anyway I totally disagree with your theory. Ronnie and Morris are good enough for me and our receiving depth looks just fine.

trade chambers for bell and draft peterson?? Hagan as our #1 WR? If we keep winning we wont be able to draft peterson (but why would we want to anyways...)

Not only was that whole thing hard to process, but we don't need another RB with more pressing needs. Safety isn't really a need right now though either.

As much as I love Adrian Peterson....that was just crazy.

Why would we trade Chambers for a runningback if we were going to draft one and have two top 5 pick backs in the backfield? Peterson wont be there when we draft anyway

I guess this was the same kind of thinking process in the front office with Wannstedt and Spielman here :lol:

It would be nice to "hit" on a lower round running back who would surprise. As is the flavor of most successful teams, having 1 top tier back and another one just a few notches below that is paying off. I wouldn't be against it.

Superself said:
It would be nice to "hit" on a lower round running back who would surprise. As is the flavor of most successful teams, having 1 top tier back and another one just a few notches below that is paying off. I wouldn't be against it.

That would be a waste of a pick though. Hb is hardly the problem on offense of this team and using a 1-3 round pick on one is senseless. We get Ricky back next season and they were a damn fine 1-2 punch. That was also after Ricky took a year off doing nothing related to football. He's been playing football all year so he's going to be better than last time he came back.

DOES ANYBODY THINK THAT WE SHOULD LOOK AT ANOTHER BIG RUNNINGBACK REGARDLESS IF IT IS THOUGH F/A OR DRAFT ?

OF COURSE WE SHOULD!!

i have been saying this forever. why saban let kj harris go after
looking pretty damned good in camp and pre season is beyond
me. but, sabans personel moves this year have ALL been head
scratchers and led to the downfall.

the ronnie hype will be even MORE glaring as his salary escalates,
and it will, in a big way each year. he is a 4th round talent making
hall of famer money!!

and lets face it, sammy morris is no power back. yes, this team
needs a BONAFIDE back in the draft, f/a, trade or walk on.

KUECH IS RIGHT!!

WTF Hagan as our #1 next year ?? And you think we'll be able to get Peterson ??? IMO we'd hafta trade up to the top few spots to get him... we won't be picking there. Peterson would be a horrible pick for this team IMO he's got durability issues and we don't even need a RB bad enough to trade up in round 1.

Ronnie's our guy we won't be drafting a back in round 1 for a while.... Ricky will more than fill the change of pace role next year.

maverick50 said:
I KNOW WE DESPRATELY NEED LINEBACKER, SAFETY AND OLINE BUT HERE IS HOW I COULD SEE US MAKING IT WORK.
OR WE COULD TRADE CHAMBERS TO DENVER FOR RB TATUM BELL .

THEN WE COULD DRAFT ADRIAN PETERSON WITH OUR FIRST PICK (WHO CARES IF WE USE 2 1ST RD PICKS ) HAVING FIREPOWER IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN SEMATICS. REMEMBER CSONKA , KIICK , AND MY MAN MORRIS ?

IN F/A BRING IN 1 OLINEMAN AND IN RD 4 BRING IN RG CORRY HILLIARD THEN IN RD 2 OR RD 3 DRAFT D'JUAN WOODS AND ANOTHER BIG RECEIVER. THEN WE CUT BOOKER OR TRADE HIM TOO.

THE IDEA IS TO BEEF UP THE OFFENSE AND JUST TWEEK THE DEFENSE BECAUSE WE DO HAVE RODERICK WRIGHT AND MANNY WRIGHT COMING BACK AND THAT LEAVES THE LINEBACKER AND SAFETY POSITION TO ADDRESS.

SO HERE IS HOW OUR OFFENSE LOOKS LIKE NEXT YEAR.
QB = DC JOEY AND CLEO
RB = BROWN , PETERSON AND WILLIS
TE = MCMICHEAL , RIVERS AND PEELE
WR = HAGEN , WELKER ,WOODS AND ? AND GIBSON.
OLINE WHOEVER WE CAN ASSEMBLE .

I WOULD BRING MARCELLUS RIVERS IN BECUASE HE CAN MAKE PLAYS WHICH WOULD HELP RANDY OUT.

WOODS, WELKER , HAGEN , GIBSON AND ________ WOULLD BE A KILLER WR CORP.

NOW I KNOW THAT YOU GUYS MIGHT NOT LIKE THIS BUT MIAMI NEEDS A COUPLE MORE OKIES ON THE ROSTER JUST LOOK AT THE SUCCESS THAT TRAYLOR AND WELKER ARE HAVING.

I AM STUBORN ON THIS BECAUSE I SNIFF OUT PLAYMAKERS EVEN IF THEY ARE ON THE MOON. :sidelol: :cooldude:

WHAT???? This mentality is exactly what's wrong...

How obtaining some blockers for the RBs we have??????

:shakeno:

WelcomeBack said:
Not only was that whole thing hard to process, but we don't need another RB with more pressing needs. Safety isn't really a need right now though either.

Agreed, WAY more pressing needs than another RB. Ronnie is fine. And yes, I also have a headache from reading that. Did it even make sense to anyone?

Back
Top Bottom