We need everybody to fully support Moreno.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Salsatime, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Salsatime

Salsatime Well-Known Member

This guy had the the balls to take a 1 year, 3 million dollar deal after a career season in Denver (1,600 total yards 13 TD's).

Yes, the RB market sucked. But, any guy that had the season he had last year, taking this type of deal looking to prove himself worthy of a multi year deal deserves all the respect in the world.

GO PHINS!

2. mega-fin-love

mega-fin-love Just trust me Donator

We don't need to support anything. I'm good with the signing and will support him while he is a Dolphin but it really doesn't matter what we think.

3. RkyDaMan34

RkyDaMan34 Well-Known Member

Poor guy?, only 3million to run with a ball for a season... Support?! support?! Just score TD's! I'll support the beer guy who quenches my thirst after paying 300 bucks to go to the game..

4. Stills&Landry

Stills&Landry Well-Known Member

Hahaha! You all crazy! Go Knowshon!

5. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Yes, because if the fans dont support him, then he wont rush for 1000 yards.

Lemme guess: if local fans dont fill up the stadium on gameday then the offensive line wont block well enough for him to get his 1k yards?

Moreno is a fumble prone average talent running back with limited potential who could easily be replaced by someone making a third of his salary. Hes the Brian Hartline of running backs. Thus, this forum will worship him.

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

No fans want to see the team suck so this thread makes no sense. I'm supportive to any player on the Dolphins but when they suck they will get called out for sucking.

I think people on this board are sensitive because of the lack of support Wallace gets around here, meanwhile Wallace let the team down several times.

7. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Uhm. Knowshon Moreno took a 1 year 3 million dollar deal because that was the high end of the market for his services.

He ain't that good.

8. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Oh, this was going on long before Wallace joined the team. I recall some of my first posts on here were debating other posters on Jason Allen(i didnt care for him) and i was repeatedly told "he deserves our support!". There are countless other examples(Jeff Ireland easily being the funniest, because of the continued insistence that he "just" got the job "last Thursday" and deserves a chance), but it all comes down to the same thing:

Some fans are more obsessed with people thinking this team is good then the team actually being good.

9. RkyDaMan34

LMAO!!! People man!

10. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

My God ppl he is a dolphin. Support him and wish nothing but the best for him while he's here. Man, losing has made people bitter! Haha, I say that till the season starts and we lose, then I'm the maddest bitter of them all! But anyway, support his ***, he's a dolphin. Its not like he's gonna come here and try his best to suck. He's better than what we currently have...

11. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

You're right, because if a player, coach, GM, or owner sucks its the fans fault

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

exactly

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

No he isn't, but I think he can contribute and help the running game to improve on last year's abortion

12. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Great thread. Glad I read it. Would read again.

13. DearbornDolfan

DearbornDolfan Seasoned Veteran

You know, you should support Moreno because it would prove that blowhard Omar Kelly wrong. But, once again, more evidence is compiled that it isn't the Dolphins that you in-town people root for, it's your misplaced pride in your place of residence.

14. Xeus24

Xeus24 Starter

SUPPORT! The guy makes more money than me...... Shoot he needs to support me.:lol:

All kidding aside the guy is a product of Peyton's monster season.

15. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Smart signing, really a bad decision on Denver's half to let him go. He instantly helps the pass protection, he's an excellent outlet in the passing game and he gets the yards that are there. I like it!

16. JTC111

JTC111 Viva la resistance!!!

What exactly do I need to do? Do I need to friend him on facebook? Hang his picture on my wall? Send his mother flowers? Walk his dog? Tell me!!! I need to know how to do this right!!!

17. normaniii

normaniii A True Fan

For $3m/yr he is an excellent signing. We wanted an all round RB who was good in pass protection and now have him, whats not to like?

18. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

Personally, I think an 8' Knowshon Fat Head on your bedroom wall would be a nice touch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

19. King Dingaling

King Dingaling Well-Known Member

We were his only offer so I'm not giving him props for signing for only 3 million(poor guy). However, he is a Dolphin and I'll support him until he proves he doesn't belong on the team, like Daniel Thomas did. He is an obvious upgrade over both Miller and Thomas in terms of inside running, blitz pickup, receiving, and scoring 13 TDs. That's more than twice the TDs as last years combo. Just think of how many more games we would've won last year not settling for FGs or missing FGs for that matter. I like the signing cause it's gonna make Thomas expendable and maybe we can get a draft pick for him??? Another great move by Ireland to move up to get a terrible RB!!!

20. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro

There are probably some aggravated with this move because it knocks down golden. boy Lamar Miller a peg. We overrate former U players on here big time. We are getting a true NFL RB, didn't have one on the roster last year. It's a good thing to have Moreno in the mix unless of course you care about being right about future star Lamar Miller who can't break a tackle and cuts back into traffic when he's in the clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

I do support him bc he's a Dolphin. Now he needs to play well to help them win. Period.

22. Phins117

Phins117 A True Fan

Pick up the blitz break tackles and score. Then I shall support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. psfign

psfign A True Fan

24. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

I want the Phins to win, so of course I hope he tears it up. That doesn't mean I'm going to pump him up to something he hasn't yet proven to be.

I really can't complain about the contract. Pretty fair for a veteran with starting experience coming off of his only good year. I just hope it doesn't prevent them from taking a midround RB and dropping DT.

25. Salsatime

Salsatime Well-Known Member

Jeeeezzzz I got ripped on this thread. I guess I just want you guys to support him like you support Tannehill when he over throw Mike Wallace by 10 yards then blame Mike Wallace.

Ouch...

26. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Except he didn't lose one fumble at all last season. :idk:

27. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I routinely enthusiastically and wholeheartedly support every player wearing a Fins uniform, so long as he's trying his best. :up:

28. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

How would one support him anyway? "Yay Moreno?"

29. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

Fumble Prone? I think you're reaching a bit because the kid isn't fumble prone. Period. His fumble % is less than 1%..to give perspective AP is at 1.5%....Hartline of running backs? He's put up two 1,000 yard years in a row and has some fairly reliable hands I think we can stop knocking him too...even though I'll agree he is overpaid haha

Regardless I think people here are either looking for reasons to knock em or praising him too much. I'll agree with you that he's an average back, but he can pas protect and play the screen game well. So, short and thick of it is that he's an upgrade, for a 1 yr, 3 mil deal. Good stuff.

30. iwastherein1972

iwastherein1972 Well-Known Member

3 schools to stay away from as far as producing future NFL/Dolphin players: u, ref$u, gump. These guys are routinely overrated busts.

I am so sick of hearing all the hype for ex-canes.

31. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

Are you being sarcastic? He is the only Bronco RB with 200 + snaps in a season to not lose a fumble since 2000. All I've been reading/hearing is that handling the ball is a strength of his game.

32. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

Please do not say crap like that or he will come to Miami and fumble like Sammy Smith! If we say that he sucks, he will be a perennial Pro Bowler. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

33. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

Lol I'm right with ya bro, I'm superstitious a lot for my teams as well, but the stats show that he is elite in that category...yet a poster is calling him out as weak in that aspect of the game. I don't know where he was coming from when he said that he is a "fumbling machine" because dating back to last season, that is the exact opposite of the truth.

34. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

He's better because he played with Manning for a few years. Show me, then the support will follow.

35. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

I hope he runs for 2K+ yards and 25 TD's

Ain't likely to happen, but I'll hope for it anyway. What the hell? It's still March. :chuckle:

36. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Still fumbled.

Did get a laugh out of that cherry picked stat. Of his 10 career fumbles hes lost 8 of them. How many times did he have a season in which he didnt lose a fumble? Exactly 1. The year you mentioned. :lol:

He was benched repeatedly for fumbling.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121213/knowshon-moreno/#ixzz2xILY0flA

And that doesnt bring up the McDaniel years, who was quick to throw him on the bench. Hes only improved, but not fixed, the problem in the last year or so. Im not going to excuse 3-4 years of screwing the pooch for 1-2 years of doing the minimum of competent work. Running backs are to easily replaced to worry about such trite.

Moreno hit the bare minimum threshold for a running back to be considered "good": 1000 yards. He did this exactly once on a team that had a historic offense who's strategy was spreading out defenses. And he got a mere 38 yards over that threshold. When are people going to hold the players of this franchise to a standard higher then basic competency? I want the next LeSean McCoy. The next Jamaal Charles. The next Marshawn Lynch. This forums eagerness to settle for less never ceases to surprise me.

37. RkyDaMan34

"Moreno hit the bare minimum threshold for a running back to be considered "good": 1000 yards. He did this exactly once on a team that had a historic offense who's strategy was spreading out defenses. And he got a mere 38 yards over that threshold. When are people going to hold the players of this franchise to a standard higher then basic competency? I want the next LeSean McCoy. The next Jamaal Charles. The next Marshawn Lynch. This forums eagerness to settle for less never ceases to surprise me. "

But he blocks well....lol

38. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

bingo

39. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Moreno improves the dolphins RB position from last year, but not by much. He is a stop gap player and nothing more, hoping for the best out of him, but I doubt he duplicates his previous year numbers here.

40. CalDolFan10x14

Yes, I'll give you he had a bad first 2 seasons with the fumbling issues (7 fumbles, 6 of them lost in 29 games). He has, however, improved in that department the last two seasons (3 fumbles, 2 lost in 31 games). Look, no one here is saying he's gonna be the next Larry Czonka or AP, but he has clearly shown he can be a good compliment to another back...Miller in our case. What do you want us to say? He's an awful pickup for the commitment we gave him???

If we were paying him something crazy like 6-7 mill a year for 3+ years, I'd call it a questionable deal, However, a one year, 3 mil tryout isn't exactly bad for a guy that just finished coming off a 1,500 yard and 13 TD season. Yes, he had the benefit of playing on a Peyton Manning led offense, but that's still pretty good for a guy that had to share the ball with the likes of Ball, Hillman, Decker, Welker, J Thomas, D Thomas, Caldwell, etc. He may not be great like those guys you just listed, but he's not chopped liver also. I'm willing to see what he can bring to our offense before calling him just another failed experiment in the Miami Dolphins running back department.

Oh and the fact he put up 220+ yards against the Pats last year couldn't hurt us either.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  41. marinotoclayton

marinotoclayton Pro Bowler

I may not care for his signing. But i always support a player while hes playing. But is still open to criticism depending on his play! Silly thread why wouldnt we want him to succeed!

42. CusePhinFan

CusePhinFan Well-Known Member

I want the next Shady, Charles, or Lynch as well. But guess what, they weren't available in FA. Unless you want to throw a bunch of picks and try and trade for them. Guess what else...these players aren't easy to get in the draft either. If they were every team would have a Shady. I want Miami's drafting to improve as well, but you make it sound like a piece of cake. It isn't.

You make it sound like because people think Moreno is a good addition to the team they settle for less. Not true. Moreno is an improvement that came inexpensive enough, and was much needed. It was a good move that improves the RB corp for the short term and gives time to try and draft a Shady or Charles. Keep up with your delusions that if every pick up isn't the best its a failure. It's easy to be a douchebag and criticize people that like an improvement just because it's not the best possible.

43. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

yay-rah rah-Moreno -_-

44. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Id love for people to question why we made a commitment to him at all. You can hammer away at the fact we "only" handed him $3 million(by the way, thats not nothing. Toby Gerhart is making $3.5 a year and he was arguably the top back on the market), but it still doesnt change the fact that we probably could have gotten similar production from another player and a vastly reduced price. Its this sort of "hey, who cares if we did the right thing? We did something so everything is awesomesauce!" that directly leads to offseasons like 2012. No talent, no cap, no hope for a winning season. Have higher expectations for this franchise. Jeff Ireland has been fired, theres no reason why we shouldnt be run like a top notch franchise.

If Moreno was such a great player, Denver would have made a point of getting the ball to him. They did that for Thomas. They did it for Welker. Moreno was a success(again: barely) by default, everyone else around him made his production better. How do i know? The utterly subpar years he had previous to that team being loaded. And the fact that Denver believes they have already replaced Moreno.

Oh, and wow, that 220 yards against the Patriots would be great. Is he assured to get that against them every game? Oh wait, he played them in the playoffs that same year and only got 59 yards. :lol:

45. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

poor guy. ONLY getting paid 3 million. I'll make sure to pray for him.

46. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

So dont spend money on free agent running backs. Fix it via the draft.

Not easy and impossible are two different things. If there isnt a running back worth taking this year, wait until next. This isnt the quarterback position, teams win without a brilliant run game every single year. And for the record, i dont particularly care how easy or difficult drafting is. Hickey is being compensated with millions of dollars, he needs to get it done regardless of the difficulty. If he cant, fire him and bring in someone else. Hickey wasnt kidnapped by the government, if its to difficult for him he can quit.

Actually, i make it sound like this forum worships average players. Which is true. Type "Brian Hartline" into the search option and youll find the proof for my assertion.

Signing him wasnt the best way to use our limited resources. Hence my disapproval. Im done with the declaration of "close enough", that leads directly to .500 seasons. Some dont seem to mind constant losing and mediocre results, but im not one of those individuals. I want a Superbowl victory.

I do have the badge for a reason.

47. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I am not going to flip a switch over the cost of a 1 year deal. Its a 1 year deal, so it doesn't hamstring us going forward (ala Wallace) so as long as he is at least VISIBLE for more than 8 games a season (something neither D. Thomas or Miller accomplished last year) its a win for me. I'm certainly not doing somersaults over the signing, but it could be worse - We could have just stuck with the Thomas/Miller duo.

48. PhishyPhishy

PhishyPhishy Well-Known Member

:bobdole: :bobdole: :bobdole: :bobdole:

49. Joe_robbie#1

Joe_robbie#1 Polish Dolphan

50. CalDolFan10x14

Eat this man...

[​IMG]

you turn into a drama king when you're hungry. :lol: