We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets see:

4 straight years of horrible America=dont reelect Obama.
4 straight losing seasons=extend Ireland.

Brilliant stuff. Still waiting to hear how it wasnt Parcells who hired Ireland.

The key difference is Obama was actually in charge for those 4 years of decline while Ireland was simply the #2 guy behind an ego maniac who Im sure gave up no power for 3 years.

You realize that Pioli is Bill Parcells son-in-law (he was with the family in the front row at Bill's Hall of Fame acceptance speech). Maybe Pioli was able to tap into the wisdom of the Big Tuna in developing the KC strategy. It is interesting to note the similarity in that both Miami with Henne and KC with Cassel, bet the house on below average QB's and persistently resisted any opportunity to try drafting talent in that position.

I dont disagree. Heres the difference though: Pioli was fired for his mistake, people want Ireland extended.

The key difference is Obama was actually in charge for those 4 years of decline while Ireland was simply the #2 guy behind an ego maniac who Im sure gave up no power for 3 years.

“The decision to extend Jeff’s contract as our General Manager was an easy one,” said Ross in a statement. “The young talent that Jeff has assembled during his three years with the Dolphins has made a profound impact on our franchise’s recovery from the 1-15 season of 2007.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/22/dolphins-hand-g-m-jeff-ireland-a-contract-extension/

Ross disagrees.

CFg3Qkopng-1.jpg

Where is that guy that built the Eagles dream team?

Throwing money at free agents does not guarantee winning.

its not just about last night, I just have so much faith in jeff, just look at the dynasty he is building mate

• brent grimes a top 3 cb
  • will davis a turnover machine at cb
  • the best pair of safetys in the league
  • three elite dts
  • the ebst de in the league in Wake and a stud in Jordan
  • egnew a young te looking better every week
  • wallace the biggest home run threat in the league
  • hartline - WHITE LIGHTNING
  • The best center in the league
  • a great young lt who will prove everyone wrong
  • a future all pro kicker and a current all pro punter
  • and the heir of marino at QB

I just cant help but believe mate, jeff has done such a good job
Dynasty... a DYNASTY.......

:bobdole:

I tried but I just can't go on...

Pay him big money for what? ....no playoffs. No dice

it's been well documented that Ireland will not return if this season goes ill

That's if THIS SEASON does not go well. Not last season or this off-season. Ireland job was safe as long as he stuck to his plan to improve the team through free agency and that's what he did, on paper.

To say the last 12 months has been worthy of an extension...well I just have to disagree. Maybe watching him fail time and time again to replace the traded Brandon Marshall and leaving a rookie QB with the receiving group that he did is difficult for me to overlook.

So now you take everything Ross says as a fact? What about when Ross earlier this year said 2012 was the first true year where he had the front office the way he wanted it? Did you believe Obama when he said there were 57 states?

So is Ross telling the complete truth about the stadium failure and how we should view speaker of the house in Tallahassee?

Ross makes PR type statements all the time, you can't pick and choose which ones are fact and which ones aren't.

If youre someone like Spesh, you kinda have to.

Otherwise, you would be forced to follow logic. Logic simply dosent add up to re-electing Obama and not extending Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom