We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point in time I would rather keep him and let him and Philbin have a 3 -4 year run to see if they can right the ship...It would seem that maybe Jeff and Bill p/Tony may have had different visions on personnel and his vision is more inline with Joe. Firing Jeff at this point could mean new coach... which could result in yet another purge of the roster.... and rebuilding yet again.

Not ready to crown him just yet. When we get some elite-to-good production from other draft picks besides Pouncey then he can get praise.

at this point in time I would rather keep him and let him and Philbin have a 3 -4 year run to see if they can right the ship...It would seem that maybe Jeff and Bill p/Tony may have had different visions on personnel and his vision is more inline with Joe. Firing Jeff at this point could mean new coach... which could result in yet another purge of the roster.... and rebuilding yet again.

very good point

very fair comment

Over the past 24 months, Ireland has been damn near the best GM in the league, if not the very best.

He has earned an extension.

Okay ive never hated or loved the guy. But can he get us to the playoffs first an let this team show that what his master plan work before u crown him. I agree he has made recent good moves but time will tell. Niners GM should be highest that team is stacked. My 2 cents.

The defense has the talent to be a top premiere defense in this league. Our offense really depends on Tannehill's progression. I think Ireland has done a great job and should be extended. I expect us to be a playoff team.

If (rather, when) we make the playoffs this year, Ross should show him the money. The Tuna/Sporano/Ireland dynamic just never seemed a good recipe, and it showed. He's done some nice things since.

I like what Ireland has done THIS YEAR, ON PAPER. So far he has been a part of below .500 teams. Our O-line, which we have spent considerable draft picks on is still a major concern. His picks in the second round have been horrific! The biggest moves he has made are in FA and a move up in the draft this year.

I will say that his approach seemed to change this year and we were more aggressive and smart with how we did it. As stated above, it looks good....but it is one off season we have yet to see the fruits from. We have seen what his past drafts and off seasons have done, and it hasn't been pretty.

I can't recall anyone else renting a plane to fly a fire their GM(Fire Irleland)sign around the city.

We need to get a few people together to go to the Miami Dolphins headquarters and start a "Extend Jeff Ireland" rally! Maybe rent a plane and have it fly a "Jeff Ireland is the best NFL GM" banner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom