We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we need to extend his contract, to be honest I think part of it is finally having a coaching staff that have a notion about improving players e.g. Jake Long you could argue has got worse as Sparano and co got their hands on him, same with Henne and a few others. Philbin, Sherman and co are making Ireland look good, and vice versa.

We need to get a few people together to go to the Miami Dolphins headquarters and start a "Extend Jeff Ireland" rally! Maybe rent a plane and have it fly a "Jeff Ireland is the best NFL GM" banner!

Wouldnt be hard to get a bigger turnout than the last "rally" at the complex, four guys and a creepy dan marino doll

pipe down, we haven't won any playoff games yet. Let the team prove there a good team first. your all in high spirits right now after yesterdays win, newsflash you played the worst team in the nfl.

I like what he did this offseason but do you really want to extend the GM of a team that has gone 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9 over the last 4 years under his stewardship?

Oh my gosh, this proves that most posters in this forum really dont know anything. Swayed by every wind that blows. One week hate him, next week beat the jags in preseason and love him cant do without him. He spends a lot of money thats not his to keep his job and we think he's a genius. Lets let the season at least play out and see if he really did right. As far as finding us a franchise qb, thats yet to be seen. I personally thought Henne and Pat White looked better this week.

Dolphins are 27-39 in his four years. Still don't know if the QB position is resolved. OL is still a question and this has been a main focus of his. Don't misunderstand me he has done some nice things but he has missed just as much.

Let's evaluate it at the end of the season.

Look at the talent he has assembled. This guy is rapidly making a name. I could see a team like New England swooping in and grabbing him. We need to extend his contract. His is our Scott Pioli!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

So much for "preseason doesnt matter", huh?

4 losing seasons in a row hardly qualifies for an extension. The one thing that has always impressed me with Ireland is his eye for defensive line talent. It is by far his strongest asset and I always praised him for it, even through the "Fireland" times.

I don't quite see the "abundance of talent" though. He did draft a first round QB . . . definitely deserves props for that . . . but that QBs progression this year means more to Ireland than anything else that could be mentioned. The DBs and LBs will be interesting . . . I'm not as sold on them as many are, but I like what I've seen and heard between preseason and practice. The oline is still mehhhhh, the RBs are mediocre, the WR depth is still shaky IMO and we all hope the progression of these young TE's helps this offense improve.

Ireland has shown that he doesn't get bullied around when it comes to contracts, and has shown some foresight when it comes to must resigns (Wake/Jones . . . 2 very cap friendly deals I may add) and really set this team up solidly cap wise and draft pick wise (although when you trot out the WR group you trotted out there last year, there should be some benefit to that).

It's all wait and see at this point, Ross is sticking with him as his guy so now its up to the coaches and players to produce on the field with the talent he has brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom