% we trade up % we trade down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

% we trade up % we trade down

0% trading up, 90% trading down....10% we draft Ted Ginn Jr.

Ted Ginns brother is draft eligible now has similar speed and supposedly he doesn't run outta bounds like his bigger brother
projected 4th rounder maybe we pick him up at 15

Ted Ginns brother is draft eligible now has similar speed and supposedly he doesn't run outta bounds like his bigger brother
projected 4th rounder maybe we pick him up at 15

Perfect Ted Gin Jr. Jr. with the 15th pick.

10% chance we trade up, 80% chance we trade down, 10% chance we stay where we are.

the line play sucked so bad i think they have to draft o lineman or the new qb is going to get killed

This is just a silly question because there are a lot of variables involved.

- would a player we're targeting even be available where a team ahead of us is even willing to trade down. And what compensation would Ireland consider (be it future picks in 2012 along with a 3rd this yr - and/or roster players).

- last year Ireland implied that there was only two players he'd stay at #12 for - that was Eric Berry and CJ Spiller.

- ^ will that play out again or will the player(s) Ireland is targeting be there at #15 this year ? If that happens then there is no possibility of trading down.

- you need a partner willing to give a 2nd to move up to #15. And this is not guaranteed as we were fortunate San Diego really needed a RB last year for the move-up (fortunate according to Ireland).

- what if Ireland doesn't get the right offer to trade up OR move down ? He may not see it as feasible if the value isn't there.

Just too many things can happen between now and the draft.

I could really care less about getting that 2nd back. Why everyone is so enamored with that prospect is beyond me. Getting a franchise QB? Yeah, I care a lot about that. Honestly, if we don't take (via trade up or staying put) a franchise QB (I'll be pissed), I'll hope either J. Jones (fat chance) or V. Miller (would be a little surprised if he were still available) fall to #15, or I'll hope we just go ahead with Ingram.

Q: What's better than a 2nd RD draft pick?
A: A franchise QB.
Q: What else is better than a 2nd RD draft pick?
A: A dynamic player.

30% trading up, 20% staying put, 50% trading back

Bill Parcells is gone so I think there is a much better chance of us trading up than you guys think. The FO have their feet in the fire, they need a dynamic player that will make a difference on offense to save their jobs. If there is any year they would be willing to trade up then this is that year. Because, hell if they trade up and that player doesn't work out, they don't have to deal with the ramifications of giving up next year's pics. They'll be in the unemployment line.

Now it all depends on if there is a dynamic player that makes it to the bottom of the top 10 that they would be willing to move up to get. To me that is Gabbert or Newton, maybe even Green.

Back
Top Bottom