We will go OLB crazy in this draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We will go OLB crazy in this draft

cobbs321

Practice Squad
Reaction score
in 08 we built the core of our team, the OL and DL. We took Long, Merling, Langford, Thomas, and traded for Fergie. Thats our starting DL and two starters on our O-line.
in 09 we built up our the spots where we needed depth, Secondary. We took Vontae, and Sean who were both and still can be starters next year, and Clemons who i believe can be a good FS but needs time.
now we get to this year.
There is one obvious place where we need to build on, our LB core. Dansby was a great pickup and will be a leader for our D for years to come which is something we havent had since good ole Zack. This is Bill's year to pick out our next stud OLB. Parcells is the best when it comes to finding talent at the LB position, and this is his year. Ya i still wouldnt mind us taking Nate Allen or Earl Thomas but if we can find our stud OLB in this draft imagine what our D can be like with Dansby in the middle, Wake rushing the QB, and our new OLB doin work. Charlie Anderson and Moses are good backups but not starters. That being said, i think we will go OLB crazy in this draft and build up our core for years to come. here is what i think we might do
Trade down with Houston and take there 1st and 2nd.
1st: Brandon Graham - he will be here until the mid 20's unless the Falcons take him over Weatherspoon. Graham is the next best thing in the nfl. He can play SOLB, WOLB, DE, and probably even MLB. He has great coverage skills, is a complete monster against the run, can rush the QB well, and has a non stop motor! He would solve our big hole at SOLB here
2nd: Fill either FS or NT
3rd: There are 2 players i like here. first is Thaddeus Gibson. Gibson is very good against the run but has a problem constantly getting pressure on the QB. The 2nd player i like is Ricky Sapp. He and Gibson have about the same qualities.
The only other player i like is Jerry Hughes. If Graham is gone, then i think we give Hughes a look at. Hughes is the best pass rusher in the draft and has good coverage skills but is a liability against the run. But who knows, maybe Nolan can change that

Back
Top Bottom