We would not had gotten a comp pick for Landry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We would not had gotten a comp pick for Landry

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people were saying that we should have let him go instead of trading him because we'd have gotten a 3rd round comp pick for him(myself included). Well, not only we wouldn't have gotten a 3rd round pick....we would not have gotten ANY pick because we already got Amandola, Wilson, Hayes and now Sitton.

So at least this time, the FO was right. We got a 4 and a 7 and would have gotten nothing if he had being let go.
Now I know some people didn't want him to go at all and that's ok but as far as comp picks, the FO was right but I doubt people will admit they were wrong.

Ozzy rules!!

I mean who would of thought the Dolphins would replace Landry with 2 UFA slot receivers that equal 14 million AAV LOL

Glad they recouped something since there is not enough trust in ol 3 draft pick Carroo . . . Only cost us a pick in a prime round of the deepest TE draft in ages.

Hayes was our guy, not in our Comp formula. We lost Parkey.

It was impressive that they snagged a late 4th to a team without an extension being agreed upon. . . . But the whole process and their managing of draft picks and quality players needs an overhaul.

Apart from the picks and the compensation, another tacit point not regarded enough in this situation is that you move one player who was not much of a student of the playbook for two who are both well-regarded players in terms of their coachability and football IQ (along with the draft picks).

I don’t think this deserves a thread. We would have gotten a compensation pick but it would of been in next years draft. Probably a 5th or a 6th but we absolutely would of got one for a 9 TD player that gets a big contract.

I know a lot of people were saying that we should have let him go instead of trading him because we'd have gotten a 3rd round comp pick for him(myself included). Well, not only we wouldn't have gotten a 3rd round pick....we would not have gotten ANY pick because we already got Amandola, Wilson, Hayes and now Sitton.

So at least this time, the FO was right. We got a 4 and a 7 and would have gotten nothing if he had being let go.
Now I know some people didn't want him to go at all and that's ok but as far as comp picks, the FO was right but I doubt people will admit they were wrong.

Ozzy rules!!
Danny is right again. Tannenbaum and Grier probably did the math in projecting their likely signings a few days ago and concluded to get what they could for Jarvis, because something is better than nothing. What we really needed was another super cashed up team with lots of draft picks, like Cleveland, prepared to overpay and get into a bidding war.

Back
Top Bottom