Week 1 reschedule, an advantage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 1 reschedule, an advantage

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I am not writing anything here that some have probably not already thought about, but if you consider what happened last night to the Patriots, this week 1 reschedule may work for Miami in a huge way.

1. This gives Miami an extra week to get Cutler to get used to his O-line (What to expect), and find better chemistry with the receivers.

2. It gives Miami an extra week to prepare for the Chargers in Las Angeles. West coast away games are always extra tough, the extra early time to prepare, allows Miami to be able to rest up more later in the week to be healthier and fresher for the game.

3. The Bucs are a talented team, Miami was going to be going against them with a new QB, and a new DC who will have to learn on the job, having the game against the Bucs in week 11 allows Cutler to be more prepared, and have better chemistry with his receivers.

4. The Chiefs lately have been a more early out of the gates team, by them beating the Patriots, that makes Miami winning it's 1st game even more important, if they had taken on the Bucs early, it might now have gone as well as it could go in week 11. If Miami is able to beat the Bucs, the Chiefs team they see in week 16, might not come close to the Chiefs team the Patriots saw last night.

5. Losing a late bye is a problem, especially if your team starts to look like the walking wounded, but if Gase is able to play it right, players that need rest from small injuries could still get it, but if Miami does go on a roll, not having a bye could help them to continue momentum. Also because the player are angry they will not be playing without a net (That bye that could allow them to rest of needed), they could now be more focused, while having a slight chip on their shoulders after somewhat getting screwed a 2nd time (London home game).

This could be a very interesting season guys, sit back, and get ready, because though it will at times get very bumpy, the final destination could be pretty Super.

1. I'm not sure how much "extra" prep is getting done this week.
2. same
3. maybe but no bye to rest is going to take some creative coaching and some help from above.
4. Chiefs will be tough anytime, well coached, talented team of course losing Berry is brutal for them.
5. we'll see, fingers crossed.

I think players attention will be on storm and after effects could linger into next week. Hope not but could have a lasting effect.

1-2 not really because they aren't even practicing right now. They're home prepping for Irma, not the Chargers.

#4 makes no sense

if by Super, you mean 8-8 then I think you're onto something

1-2 not really because they aren't even practicing right now. They're home prepping for Irma, not the Chargers.

#4 makes no sense

Well, then you may need to watch at what part of the season the last few years the chargers have looked bast at, early on or later.

Also Week 1 your playing against a team that has everyone ready to play, in week 16, there might be players that might not play for the Chiefs, and if they have won the their division. or gotten a bye, the chiefs as early as week 16, could be sitting players earlier then a normal game.

if by Super, you mean 8-8 then I think you're onto something

:biggrin Ah, I see not giving Miami much of chance already...OK, yea, that must be what I mean when I say super. :rolleyes:

1. I'm not sure how much "extra" prep is getting done this week.
2. same
3. maybe but no bye to rest is going to take some creative coaching and some help from above.
4. Chiefs will be tough anytime, well coached, talented team of course losing Berry is brutal for them.
5. we'll see, fingers crossed.

I think players attention will be on storm and after effects could linger into next week. Hope not but could have a lasting effect.

1. Well, what little extra he got this week is better then nothing.

2. I heard the team and their families were moved to a safer spot in the country, I have not been able to get much information with family issues, if they are still in Miami, then yes, this is not happening.

Either way though, I am sure as ridiculous as it sounds, Gase's mind from the moment they rescheduled, it turned to the Chargers and even though they might not practice until later, they are preparing for the right game plan on the Chargers.

3. Yea, too many thing could happen. Obviously going without a late bye, will make it tougher for the team, and things will have to fall into place.

4. They are a very good team, but to me playing them late is not as dangerous as early on of what I have seen in the past...could be wrong.

5. Maybe I have too much faith in Gase, but I think this could be used to keep the team more focused, and keep the intensity up...just more of the us against the world type mindset that helped them go on that winning streak last year.

I still don't see how the Chiefs have anything to do with this.

I personally think the greatest benefit to not playing this week, is we are the only team without any film out after week 1, and we will be able to see some of what the Chargers will throw at us ahead of time.

The disadvantage is we will be the sloppier team. The starters haven't played in game action in forever by next week, SD will have a week of regular season under their belt and a focus on nothing but football. The biggest improvement comes from game one to game two and we will not get that assistance prior to playing on the road.

Yep..... Im much more confident of rolling the Chargers now!

The biggest advantage is game footage on the Chargers.....all teams will have been practising new plays in training.......
the Chargers in order to beat a division rival.....will have to reveal theirs.....the Dolphins will have revealed nothing!

The only benefit Miami has is they're going to be in California earlier than previously needed. They'll be in the same beds and have their East Coast to West Coast mindset be taken care of.

And the negatives:
1. The Bucs will have Doug Martin when we play them
2. T.J. MacDonald will need to wait another week to play
3. We have no bye

The only 2 positives I see:
1. We are in L.A. for a full practice week
2. We are without Larsen maybe 1 less game

Back
Top Bottom