Welker and Gibson over Wallace? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker and Gibson over Wallace?

Billk78

Scout Team
Reaction score
Just food for thought....

What if we were to go with Welker and Gibson instead of Wallace. That would give us WRs with great hands....perfect for the West Coast offense.
So we would have Welker, Hartline, Gibson, Bess.

Yes I realize thats no burners. Maybe we can draft one. But do we need one in this offense? I think we would have to add a really good tight end for the red zone.

Jennings and Gibson or Jennings and Welker sure, but not Welker and Gibson.

Any GM with a brain would do that combo over Wallace. Problem is it doesn't work like that in the NFL. Besides, not sure if Welker's bridge has been burned here.

Jennings and Gibson or Jennings and Welker sure, but not Welker and Gibson.

I could go for that too. Im wondering if instead of breaking the bank on Wallace we can sign 2 of these other guys who are pretty talented.

Our WR core would be much better than last year if those were our top 4 receivers. I believe that Hartline would drop to #3 receiver with that line up. Welker and Gibson are both better than Hartline. I would be very happy with this.

make no mistake. Wallace is #1 guy. Speed burns all day for everyone else. I think we may be getting our WR's in FA and letting everyone else draft there WR.

And Gibson is upgrade over Jennings IMO in what the FO has been saying (age and not that high on him).

Clearly, agents are getting clobbered with their early big money tweets.

I thought this whole offseason was about improving our WR core. Gibson is not even an improvement over Hartline or Bess who on most teams are #3 WR's themselves.
Chubbs

Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Bailey, Binns, Matthews. That's not a bad WR corps.

I thought this whole offseason was about improving our WR core. Gibson is not even an improvement over Hartline or Bess who on most teams are #3 WR's themselves.
Chubbs
Gibson is an up and coming kid who had 2.5x the TDs Hartline and Bess had combined.

Gibson is an up and coming kid who had 2.5x the TDs Hartline and Bess had combined.
There is nothing up and coming when your talking about a player entering their 5th season.

I would have liked Gibson for us if we didnt resign Hartline. They play the same role. We are supposed to be upgrading our WR core. Bring on the upgrades!

Again, I would have been ok and actually agreed with the signing of Gibson if we didnt resign Hartline.
Chubbs

Just food for thought....

What if we were to go with Welker and Gibson instead of Wallace. That would give us WRs with great hands....perfect for the West Coast offense.
So we would have Welker, Hartline, Gibson, Bess.

Yes I realize thats no burners. Maybe we can draft one. But do we need one in this offense? I think we would have to add a really good tight end for the red zone.

We don't need Welker and Bess playing the slot. Welker cannot line up on the outside like Wallace. I could be happy with Jennings and Gibson. I would rather have a young #1 WR that can play for the next 5-6 years with our young qb. Welker does not have 5 years left nor is he a #1. Jennings does not have 5 years left, but would be a good 2nd option, at the right price. Gibson is not a #1 IMO, but is a nice option to kick the tires on.

I'd rather have Wallace and Cook.

I see absolutely no reason for Welker with already having Bess.

Gibson is a good player and still young and devolping...he was a solid project in Philly and has gotten better all the way thru St Loius...would be a nice pick up.

Week 1 it would be amazing to have 4-5 solid WRs.

Wallace/Hartline/Bess/Gibson/Matthews::::::too much money???

Wallace/Hartline/Bess/Matthew/Binns or Rookie????????

Any GM with a brain would do that combo over Wallace. Problem is it doesn't work like that in the NFL. Besides, not sure if Welker's bridge has been burned here.
Seeing as no one is still here when he got traded, from the head coach to the GM and even to the owner, I doubt there is any burned bridges.

Back
Top Bottom