Welker Reminds Me Of Chrebet.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker Reminds Me Of Chrebet..

I HATE the chrebet and welker comparisons, frst of all welker is way better on special teams, and he looks like he can be a better reciever as well..chrebet is a role player. the only reason they are being compared is bc they are both undersized white recievers. period.

Size doesnt make that much of a difference in the NFL anymore. Look at Steve Smith and Santana Moss, both top receivers in the league today. So dont say size makes that much of a difference and Stokley isnt that fast either.

jac3477 said:
I HATE the chrebet and welker comparisons, frst of all welker is way better on special teams, and he looks like he can be a better reciever as well..chrebet is a role player. the only reason they are being compared is bc they are both undersized white recievers. period.
Hmmmm...you may be on to something there. All those crackers look the same.
Disclaimer:
The above statement is made for humorous intent and does not reflect to opinions of Finheaven or their parent company...uh, Finheaven. Not intended for mature audiences, parental guidance suggested.

clearly Steve Smith is the best WR in the league right now. just ask the Dolphin secondary.

opfinistic said:
Hmmmm...you may be on to something there. All those crackers look the same.

no, its just there isnt that many good recievers that are white in the nfl, just a fact..

btw, i myself..am white, before i get bombarded with any comments about that..

is it also just coinsidence, that welker has also been compared to stokley on this board..

fish1 said:
as much as I hate comparing him to a Jet, he is touch and has similar grittiness and talent. maybe even a little faster.

Until he contributes as much as Crebet does to the Jets offense, I wouldn't compare them...Welker is a nice player, but not all that special...In the slot, he is the worse of all the evils as far as who to cover one-on-one which accounts for his getting open. On STs, he is tackled by the first good hit...he's pretty small. He plays with grit and heart as you have said, but is not a great player yet...

I think Welker has established his own identity by now, he is better than Chrebet.

he reminds me of ricky prohel but someone said that prohel is bigger and all that, but thats who he reminds me of.

I think he should play opposit of chambers these next few games and put booker in the slot...never know we might have something special there....:hmmm:

He reminds me of Dwight in term sof returning abilty, and he reminds me of Chrebet when he lines up in the slot.

wait for him to breakout like a crebet/Mcafry? (how was that name spelled, WR of denver) when we get a QB who can get him the ball.

Back
Top Bottom