Well....at least Ted Ginn didn't benefit... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well....at least Ted Ginn didn't benefit...

Phinsguy

Active Roster
Reaction score
....and wind up with a Super Bowl ring after stinking it up for us the years he was here.

Watching the game it was readily apparent that Ginn still has a real "Nose for the sideline" and avoids contact whenever possible, running out of bounds instead of fighting for extra yards or laying out for the ball.

Still wouldn't take him back even if he was available.

I'd take Ginn in a dang heartbeat.

The guy is a THREAT and forces Ds to be legit. He made one of the best CBs in the league look like a chump several times in the SB.

Add Ginn into a team where he is not the number 1 WR but can complement returns and WR packages with what he does best, and he adds a dimension that few can.

Ginn is so much more a complete WR right now than Miami has seen in many a year.

LD

The guy is a THREAT and forces Ds to be legit. He made one of the best CBs in the league look like a chump several times in the SB.

Add Ginn into a team where he is not the number 1 WR but can complement returns and WR packages with what he does best, and he adds a dimension that few can.

Ginn is so much more a complete WR right now than Miami has seen in many a year.

LD

Are you serious? He still has inconsistent hands and had a poor showing in the SB. In fact one of his non catches led to an interception and killed a Panthers scoring drive.

I can never hate Ginn it wasn't his fault we drafted his family in round 1. The guy single handedly beat the Jets a few times for us.

Would of been happy for him if he won the super bowl

LD

I hear this alot, teams haven't "used him right." While I agree partially I think the Panthers did a great job of figuring out how to use him. But he still lacks hands and toughness, sure he has world class speed but it really doesn't matter if you go down at the first sight of contact

That dude has absolutely no compunction about heading for the sidelines. He puts self
preservation above all else. It's not how I'm aired, but it is how he's wired.
That one return you can literally see him say..."Not that way.." Then he turns and "No, not that way"
and he could just fall to the ground.

Does he?

No.

LMAO! He SPRINTS for the sideline!

No shame in his game.

Thanks to those who agreed with me and can see Ginn for what he is......thought I was going nuts when guys started saying they'd take him back or he "wasn't used right" here.

Speed...yes.....but you also get with that bad hands, fear of contact, minimal YAC and sideline exits anytime he senses he might get hit.....good riddance!

Whoops....meant to post this in the Dolphins forum NOT general forum.

MODS.....can you move over?

Thanks to those who agreed with me and can see Ginn for what he is......thought I was going nuts when guys started saying they'd take him back or he "wasn't used right" here.

Speed...yes.....but you also get with that bad hands, fear of contact, minimal YAC and sideline exits anytime he senses he might get hit.....good riddance!
I think he's got talent. You simply can't ever depend on him to ever think about anything but himself and his own
well being. Again, counter to how I think, but it's what it is. He's got killer speed. And it's football speed.
He runs that fast with pads on.

But he's not about to take a hit he doesn't have to.

I think he's got talent. You simply can't ever depend on him to ever think about anything but himself and his own
well being. Again, counter to how I think, but it's what it is. He's got killer speed. And it's football speed.
He runs that fast with pads on.

But he's not about to take a hit he doesn't have to.

You don't need every WR or DB for that matter (Deion Sanders, anyone?) to be physical.

IF you have the physical players, great. But without real talent that can torch any DB lined up on the other side, well... I don't need to tell a football mind what happens.

Ginn is a talent. big time. Football speed kills.

And that INT that people are blaming on Ginn.

C'mon people. It's like you don't even know details of football. All you hear is an announcer. Probably that never played football. Or is simply a brain dead analyst. then you have your "Truth."

Lol.

LD
p.s. Cam Newton put on a passing display worthy of the Cam Newton most of us saw play last year. That's all I'll say about that. Cam is a perfect illustration of a "Bully QB" that can throw to open WRs and make chunk plays with ease if not pressured. And, to an extent, the Carolina Panthers as a team are a "Bully" team that can win easily by playing downhill.

But facing a real D, where throws have to be to tight windows, with pressure? Sad performance.

Cam is used to seeing his TE, WRs and backs running in space. It freaked him out totally not to see that.

Amazing to watch really. Carolina had ten times the offensive firepower that Denver had. Yet looked like a college team.

People hating on Ginn. Please. I get that he was overdrafted and underperformed while a Dolphin. But he's a legit talent.

Freakin' clues can be bought.

How many TDs did he have this year? And yards after the catch? and money returns?

Wow.

Some people just don't get what champion teams need, in terms of talent. Every team -- including the Dolphins -- NEED Ginn-type talent on their team. At multiple positions.

LD

I think one of the commentators in the Superbowl summed Ginn up perfectly.

"He makes some big catches, but never seems to make the important ones"

People hating on Ginn. Please. I get that he was overdrafted and underperformed while a Dolphin. But he's a legit talent.

Freakin' clues can be bought.

How many TDs did he have this year? And yards after the catch? and money returns?

Wow.

Some people just don't get what champion teams need, in terms of talent. Every team -- including the Dolphins -- NEED Ginn-type talent on their team. At multiple positions.

LD

Actually, they don't.

That's why he's been on what? Three different teams now?

He has speed.

That's it. And you can't depend on him. Ever.

I think one of the commentators in the Superbowl summed Ginn up perfectly.

"He makes some big catches, but never seems to make the important ones"
Yep.

Lots like Chris Chambers

Hits you right in the hands, and you just drop it.

But Ginn isn't half the WR Chambers was.

Back
Top Bottom