Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

I don't care if the jets beat the Pats, we swept them so it doesn't matter who beat who unless it's head on.

Ya know what else doesn't matter? LAST YEAR. Last year has no effect on this year and just as little meaning. I know Bill fans have had so little to hang their hats on in the history of the franchise, which explains why their fans always claim they're the team to beat in the spring, then finish 500. or worse then hang their hats on 4 or 5 wins to claim how they will be better the following season just to come back the following spring to make the same exact claims.

....vicious cycle!!! Only Bill fans respect the Bills.

Ya know what else doesn't matter? LAST YEAR. Last year has no effect on this year and just as little meaning. I know Bill fans have had so little to hang their hats on in the history of the franchise, which explains why their fans always claim they're the team to beat in the spring, then finish 500. or worse then hang their hats on 4 or 5 wins to claim how they will be better the following season just to come back the following spring to make the same exact claims.

Do you realize that your team only had 1 win last year? That does matter because it shows that you are behind the curve.

Why cant you admit that the Bills are better off than the Phins?

Addressing the other guy: I never said that the Pats weren't going to be on top. So your point really doesn't need to be made because your not arguing anything that I said.

Do you realize that your team only had 1 win last year? That does matter because it shows that you are behind the curve.

No it doesn't, teams can go from worst to first and from first to worst in one off season, it happens every year. I think there has been a history from almost every season since the very first year of FA.It seems especially true for SB loser as they have a knack for going to a SB one year and missing the playoffs the next.

All last years results do, is give fans excuse for trash talk. I know Bill fans are thrilled Miami had such a bad year, A) because you hate the Dolphins, but B) and more importantly, it gives Bill fans an excuse to over evaluate their own teams pathetic season. Typical Bill fan post: ("we won 7 games last year, we're light years ahead of the Dolphins"!)

Gotta love how Bill fans rationalize, you ignore so many factors that go into a season and the results they have, simply to stroke your own ego's. I guess it comes form years and years and years and years of never winning anything worthy of talking about.

As usual the annual "Bills are going to compete for the AFC east" threads have begun and as usual all this based from a previous losing season followed by a minor trade and a few less then impressive FA moves. It's almost laughable.

As I stated before, Bill fans are about the only ones who respect the Bills.

C'mon now. You can't be for real are you?

You quote false stats, you contradict yourself in the same thread, and then some of your posts are like the pot ACCUSING the kettle of being black.

Honesty time man, you're just goofin around and cant possibly believe what you're posting right? Kinda of like SNL "da Bears" skits.

If I'm wrong and you're just an emotional poster getting some stats mixed up or forgetting what you've already posted when you contradict yourself then I appologize. But really, you are just goofin, right?

By the way, I believe the Bills are a pretty solid 9-7 team if they make the addition of Ben Troupe.

I agree, last year was last year , but when the bills were finishing last in the division you used to use that excuse as to why we shouldn't win the next season.

You also stated prior to the start of last season that anyone who thinks we'd be beter than the fins is clueless. I could bring back your old posts to show you who was wrong ( YOU) but you know the mods won't like that.

C'mon now. You can't be for real are you?

You quote false stats, you contradict yourself in the same thread, and then some of your posts are like the pot ACCUSING the kettle of being black.

Honesty time man, you're just goofin around and cant possibly believe what you're posting right? Kinda of like SNL "da Bears" skits.

If I'm wrong and you're just an emotional poster getting some stats mixed up or forgetting what you've already posted when you contradict yourself then I appologize. But really, you are just goofin, right?

By the way, I believe the Bills are a pretty solid 9-7 team if they make the addition of Ben Troupe.

Contradictions? Not likely, You believe the Bills are a solid 9-7? Based on what, hope? The Bills only success in the NFL came in a brief 4 year span that happened in the early 90's, otherwise their existence has been nothing more then a foot note. BTW, you do realize a Bill fan started this thread proclaiming success before the fact, right? Based on minimal FA moves and 1 trade? Just like every year,right?

Just for grins and giggles, why don't you share with the rest of us how many wins he Bills have against winning teams the last three years. Then maybe we can rationalize their ability to win 9 games in 08.

No it doesn't, teams can go from worst to first and from first to worst in one off season, it happens every year. I think there has been a history from almost every season since the very first year of FA.It seems especially true for SB loser as they have a knack for going to a SB one year and missing the playoffs the next.

All last years results do, is give fans excuse for trash talk. I know Bill fans are thrilled Miami had such a bad year, A) because you hate the Dolphins, but B) and more importantly, it gives Bill fans an excuse to over evaluate their own teams pathetic season. Typical Bill fan post: ("we won 7 games last year, we're light years ahead of the Dolphins"!)

Gotta love how Bill fans rationalize, you ignore so many factors that go into a season and the results they have, simply to stroke your own ego's. I guess it comes form years and years and years and years of never winning anything worthy of talking about.

As usual the annual "Bills are going to compete for the AFC east" threads have begun and as usual all this based from a previous losing season followed by a minor trade and a few less then impressive FA moves. It's almost laughable.

As I stated before, Bill fans are about the only ones who respect the Bills.
Show me a team that went from a 1 or 2 win season to making the playoffs. It's never happened. Teams fall faster than they climb, especially after making the superbowl because their players demand more money and get cut.

The Dolphins have a lot of holes to fill. QB WR OL TE...CB S, I would even argue RB because Brown isn't an every down back.

This is a team that is very far away from being good, I know, I've seen it with the Bills. Your kidding yourself if you think that they can be back into playoff contention after last season. They are in a complete rebuilding mode, you got at least 3 years.

I'll ask again because you guys keep dodging the question.. Tell me why you can't admit that the Bills are in a better position than the Dolphins.

Show me a team that went from a 1 or 2 win season to making the playoffs. It's never happened. Teams fall faster than they climb, especially after making the superbowl because their players demand more money and get cut.

The 2005 Saints went from 3-13 worst in the NFL and first overall DP to the 2006 NFC Championship game. The 2005 Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6 and a playoff berth. BTW, both those teams did so with new FO's and HC's.

Miami lost 15 games last year but but lost 6 by 3 points or less and had a TON of key injuries, more so then any other team. If Zach,Yeremiah, Trent and Ronnie were all healthy the entire season we probably finish with 7 wins. So as much as you'd really like to believe Miami was a healthy 1-15 team they weren't. Miami's loss's to injuries were staggering.

The Dolphins have a lot of holes to fill. QB WR OL TE...CB S, I would even argue RB because Brown isn't an every down back.
Come draft day Miami will also have a lot of DP's to fill those wholes and FA will continue. And Miami has plenty of money to spend.

This is a team that is very far away from being good, I know, I've seen it with the Bills. Your kidding yourself if you think that they can be back into playoff contention after last season. They are in a complete rebuilding mode, you got at least 3 years.
Very far away? You do realize Miami was 1-15 last year but still finished better on offense and Defense in 07 then the Bills? We started 6 RB's and never played the same secondary two games in a row in 07? Yet we still manage a better overall Defense the the 7 win Bills? What does that say about the Bills?

In the last two years Miami has finished both years with better stats on both sides of the ball and have more wins against teams with winning records?

You come here telling us how bad our team really is, but then your team has worse stats the last two years then the fins and your team is on the rise and the fins are getting worse? You ignore the stats cause they don't support your opinion, then use wins as the end all be all. Wins and loses only matter for playoff teams, everyone else wins and loses are irrelevant!! Why? Cause if you're not in the playoffs you're not very good.

I'll ask again because you guys keep dodging the question.. Tell me why you can't admit that the Bills are in a better position than the Dolphins.
I believe I covered the question with the paragraph above.

The 2005 Saints went from 3-13 worst in the NFL and first overall DP to the 2006 NFC Championship game. The 2005 Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6 and a playoff berth. BTW, both those teams did so with new FO's and HC's.

Miami lost 15 games last year but but lost 6 by 3 points or less and had a TON of key injuries, more so then any other team. If Zach,Yeremiah, Trent and Ronnie were all healthy the entire season we probably finish with 7 wins. So as much as you'd really like to believe Miami was a healthy 1-15 team they weren't. Miami's loss's to injuries were staggering.

Come draft day Miami will also have a lot of DP's to fill those wholes and FA will continue. And Miami has plenty of money to spend.

Very far away? You do realize Miami was 1-15 last year but still finished better on offense and Defense in 07 then the Bills? We started 6 RB's and never played the same secondary two games in a row in 07? Yet we still manage a better overall Defense the the 7 win Bills? What does that say about the Bills?

In the last two years Miami has finished both years with better stats on both sides of the ball and have more wins against teams with winning records?

You come here telling us how bad our team really is, but then your team has worse stats the last two years then the fins and your team is on the rise and the fins are getting worse? You ignore the stats cause they don't support your opinion, then use wins as the end all be all. Wins and loses only matter for playoff teams, everyone else wins and loses are irrelevant!! Why? Cause if you're not in the playoffs you're not very good.

I believe I covered the question with the paragraph above.
So the games that the Dolphins lost by 3 points or less should be considered wins? Do that with the Bills and they are in the playoffs! You say that Miami had more injuries than any other team, do you realize that the Bills had 20 TWENTY guys on IR... that was good for most in the league. The Bills had 5 foot 5 Jimmy Leonhard starting at safety.

Your stats are flawed a bit, you say the Bills overall defense was worse that the Phins, that's inaccurate. The phins let up less yards than the Bills, but other than that the Bills were statistically better. They ended 18th in points allowed (they were top 12 before the New England thrashing). Do you know where the Dolphins ended? That's right, bottom of the league.

As far as the offense goes, I mentioned earlier that it was flawed. But that's getting fixed especially with the departure of Steve Fairchild. It's easier to fix an offense than it is to have to fix both offense and defense. Again, your phins are way behind the curve.

Ya know what else doesn't matter? LAST YEAR. Last year has no effect on this year and just as little meaning..

If what you say is true then all the more the follwing quote has no bearing.

Contradictions? Not likely, You believe the Bills are a solid 9-7? Based on what, hope? The Bills only success in the NFL came in a brief 4 year span that happened in the early 90's, otherwise their existence has been nothing more then a foot note. BTW, you do realize a Bill fan started this thread proclaiming success before the fact, right? Based on minimal FA moves and 1 trade? Just like every year,right?

Just for grins and giggles, why don't you share with the rest of us how many wins he Bills have against winning teams the last three years. Then maybe we can rationalize their ability to win 9 games in 08.

Self contradiction.

Miami lost 15 games last year but but lost 6 by 3 points or less and had a TON of key injuries, more so then any other team.

I'll reply to this with this...

Ya know what else doesn't matter? LAST YEAR. Last year has no effect on this year and just as little meaning..

Another self contradiction

then hang their hats on 4 or 5 wins to claim how they will be better the following season just to come back the following spring to make the same exact claims.
Uh you're hanging your hat on a 1-15 season.

So the games that the Dolphins lost by 3 points or less should be considered wins? Do that with the Bills and they are in the playoffs! You say that Miami had more injuries than any other team, do you realize that the Bills had 20 TWENTY guys on IR... that was good for most in the league. The Bills had 5 foot 5 Jimmy Leonhard starting at safety.

Did I say Miami's loses "were" wins? No! I said Miami was 1-15, but 6 of their loses were by 3 points or less. I also said If Zach, Trent, Ronnie and Yeremiah were healthy last year Miami could have been 7-9 instead of 1-15.

Your stats are flawed a bit, you say the Bills overall defense was worse that the Phins, that's inaccurate. The phins let up less yards than the Bills, but other than that the Bills were statistically better. They ended 18th in points allowed (they were top 12 before the New England thrashing). Do you know where the Dolphins ended? That's right, bottom of the league.

The Difference? The Bills lost one starter...who BTW was also a rookie, so you can't call the loss of Posluzny a huge loss. Miami lost a ton of starters last year, we should have struggled, the Bills were basically 7-9 with their starters. Or should I say the players "they" consider starters.
As far as the offense goes, I mentioned earlier that it was flawed. But that's getting fixed especially with the departure of Steve Fairchild. It's easier to fix an offense than it is to have to fix both offense and defense. Again, your phins are way behind the curve.

Didn't Bill fans claim they had one of the best Olines in football right all the money spent on FA's last year? Then Buffalo can't seem to produce better numbers then the 1-15 Dolphins? The problem with Bill fans is they think because they're team beats a 1-15 injured Dolphin team twice they somehow are on another level. Then the the teams with winning records play the Bills and the Bills can't seem to find a way to win, at home or on the road. How bout you wait till your team actually improves, before you start pointing fingres or telling everyone else how good you're "gonna be"!?

Back
Top Bottom