Were a good team that just cant find a way to close in the 2nd half | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Were a good team that just cant find a way to close in the 2nd half

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Think about this we were beating the bengals 17-3 even tho we won that. The patriots 17-3 and the panthers 16-3. In all 3 games we allowed all 3 teams to storm back. All 3 of those teams are playoff teams. Were not a bad football team. Were a good football team that can play with anybody riddled with injuries with poor coaching & adjustments. If we just could find a way to close these games out we would be dangerous and i think eventually we will. Maybe not this year maybe next year. But this is not a bad football team.

Goes to show you how much COACHING or rather lack-of has hurt this team.

A running game is very useful in those situations...

Unfortunately to make the playoffs you can't be a good team for only one half. It's too bad we all know we can be a 4qtr good team, but I don't think the coaches can find the answers to this.

We have the talent of a good team that can't put it together and hold a team down when it counts. We are not a great team because we cannot deliver a kill-shot when it counts. We are also not a great team because we have a propensity to play down to competition. We hang with every team, but we can't put teams away.

I think at this point everyone can practically recite what is going to happen in a game. We can be down and make a comeback and make it to a final drive that will determine the game, or we can be up and let the other team in it again and make it to a final drive that will determine the game.

Other than the Browns and the Saints, the game has come down to a last minute fourth quarter drive. The games that we have been up, we have failed to hit that one crucial play that will seal the deal. We most definitely are a good team, but we need to find a way to deliver the final blow in the 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter to make it to the next level.

The fanboy overoptimism in this thread is sickening. Here's reality: we're not a good team and we haven't been since Dan Marino was our quarterback. Anybody who professes otherwise is drinking the Jeff Ireland/Cam Cameron/Nick Satan/Dave Wannstache/Jimmy Johnson cool-aid. They need to go watch game film of the 1972 squad and see what a good team actually looks like. I doubt if today's team could come within 20 points of beating that team.

We're this... we're that... but... but...

Yea exactly. We're what our record says we are. No we aren't very good. Or this thread wouldn't be happening.

But I do appreciate the positivity.

We seriously lack consistency, toughness and depth. The coaching staff is uber conservative and lack game awareness and ability to adjust to second half adjustments.

Philbin preaches fast starts, while fast starts are essential to great teams, nothing is more important than closing!

seriously?!! we're a good team that just can't find a way to close in the 2nd half??!!

that's the complete definition of mediocre, not "good". jezzuz man are you that used to losing, that your now ok with playing to halftime?!! friggin sad.

The conservative approach to winning games has been with us ever since the Marino era closed.
From Wannstedt to Saban to Cameron to Sparano this team thinks winning by 3 points is awesome. I can't remember the last time we actually pounded an opponent and won by 30+ points.

We leave too many plays on the field a game. IF we hit wallace one more time a game for a TD its the difference between a top seed in the AFC or where we are now. We are that close. The record thing i hate. You are what you are, i agree with that but its viewed the wrong way. Its close and it should't be, i don't know how we are that good sometimes but we manage to blow a gimme a play a game. Keep working at it. I think the tannehill wallace deep connection is coming consistently.

Back
Top Bottom