We're Still Alive Baby! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're Still Alive Baby!

so, what needs to happen for us to make the playoffs? We obviously need to win the last two games; but do the rest of the teams need to lose both of their games?

Pittsburgh has to beat Cinncy then lose to Cleveland at home. Cinncy loses to Pitt and Balt at home.
Not to mention we have to beat Buffalo and then at NE. Also newsflash NE will not be resting anybody since they will be playing for a first round bye
Denver is 11-3 NE 10-4 and Houston 12-2. Not to mention its not a lock we beat Buffalo since they beat us once already

Very simple, we win out 2 games, Pittsburgh beats Cincy this week and then both Pittsburgh and Cincy need to lose their last game!

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I dont have a problem with you thinking Miami wont make the play-offs, just that you wont give us 15 minutes to fantasize!~

The Jets have to drop one more game as well.

Very simple, we win out 2 games, Pittsburgh beats Cincy this week and then both Pittsburgh and Cincy need to lose their last game!

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I dont have a problem with you thinking Miami wont make the play-offs, just that you wont give us 15 minutes to fantasize!~

You can fantasize that your Lindsay Lohan for all I care Im just spelling out the damn reality.

So in 5 games, we need everything to go our way.

Assuming each game is a 50/50 trial, then mathematically, the chance that all 5 games go our way is 0.5^5, or 3.125%.

So we have a 3.125% of making the playoffs.

Jets also have to lose to Buffalo. So it has to go, Fins win out, Cincy loses out, Pit wins next week then loses and Jets lose to Buffalo

Jets also have to lose to Buffalo. So it has to go, Fins win out, Cincy loses out, Pit wins next week then loses and Jets lose to Buffalo

Jets don't have to beat Buffalo specifically. One more loss would put them at 6-9

The Jets had to win tonight. They are gone. History. And anything they do in the final two games has no effect on us whatsoever. Read it and weep Junc!

The Jets had to win tonight. They are gone. History. And anything they do in the final two games has no effect on us whatsoever. Read it and weep Junc!

Let me reiterate. We win a tiebreaker if it is PIT vs CIN vs MIA - we do not if it is PIT vs CIN vs MIA vs NYJ - they're eliminated from contention, but if they go 8-8 we're eliminated.

Despite the negative people here, I will be rooting for us to make the playoffs. If we don't make it, I won't be disappointed at all. It will still be fun to watch meaningful football.

Despite the negative people here, I will be rooting for us to make the playoffs. If we don't make it, I won't be disappointed at all. It will still be fun to watch meaningful football.
This. If you ask 100 fans if we'll make the playoffs this year 100 will say no, but I'm sure there have been many teams that needed 2 or 3 other teams to lose in week 17 and it happened. Just nice to be alive.

some posters are just going for the debbie downer 2012 award dont pay the poster any attention, i like my badges but luckily i dont go for any that call me a female.....so hold on to that slim chance we have of making playoffs all

Seriously we were pegged as a 3 win team. Now, after 14 games, we are 1 of 2 teams that have a shot. NO ONE expected that. Let's give props. I mean holy crap, really? That is far above anyone's expectations!

Back
Top Bottom