Wes Welker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes Welker

ccphinfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Was it just me or did welker seem like he was about to bust loose on every return!

Welker was good at juking people

nick1 said:
Welker was good at juking people
Yea, a couple of times the first guy down the field was juked right out of his shoes!!

Chicago couldn't kick a ball with any hieght, or deeper than the 20... the return guys should have looked good.

Welker has great vision and he always makes the first person miss. We have a very good return man, especially on punt returns.

I love Welker.. The little engine that could.

I want a Welker jersey.

Losman7 said:
Chicago couldn't kick a ball with any hieght, or deeper than the 20... the return guys should have looked good.
He looked good last year too. I think he'll make a good slot reciever also

SkapePhin said:
I love Welker.. The little engine that could.

I want a Welker jersey.

Same here. I'd like to get a white jersey of his.

ccphinfan said:
Was it just me or did welker seem like he was about to bust loose on every return!

Don't get me wrong - I like Wes alot But he doesn't look like he has break away speed. Some return guys look so fast that the slightest gap and they are gone. Wes is not in that category. He seems like a safe hands guy that will make the first guy miss and will always get you 5-10 yards on punts and up to the 30 on kickoffs. Nothing spectacular most of the time but reliable. Probably not a popular view here. I do think he could be a good possession slot WR though.

Rich22 said:
Don't get me wrong - I like Wes alot But he doesn't look like he has break away speed. Some return guys look so fast that the slightest gap and they are gone. Wes is not in that category. He seems like a safe hands guy that will make the first guy miss and will always get you 5-10 yards on punts and up to the 30 on kickoffs. Nothing spectacular most of the time but reliable. Probably not a popular view here. I do think he could be a good possession slot WR though.

I think thats a fair evaluation but his elusivenes compensates for his speed. He is by no strecth a Dante Hall, but he caught a pass or two last night and looked good. He definitly is the most exciting returner we've had in years.

Back
Top Bottom