wes welker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wes welker

studsatele

Starter
Reaction score
i hope we use wes welker in our offense alot this year. he seems to have morethan just kr/pr talent and could add a whole new demesion to the offense.

You are right... he has kr/pr/ko/fg/wr... he can probably play on defense as well. I would love to see him give a tony bua type hit to someone one day.

We will see alot more of Wes play at WR this coming season IMO. After pre season of course but i see him being a suprise for us. We all know he has the jinking moves and he can run. All we need to know now is how good are his hands.

From the Sun-Sentinel:

It will be hard to keep WR/KR Wes Welker off the field this season, as he not only catches everything thrown his way but also has the speed to break away.

I too share your enthusiasm for his potential, however, I caution over-using him. He is not big and I would really hate to lose him on special teams due to getting hurt as a WR. He needs to stay healthy for us and I would like to see him used sparingly on offense.

Wes Welker will be used probably exactly like Dante Hall was used. Returning like a madman, and sparingly at WR. Especially since the Fins are much deeper at WR than the chiefs were/are.

Look for him on "unique" plays and crazy formations. Do I smell a quadruple reverse?:lol:

(knocking on wood) I've seen that guy take some BIG hits in the four years of his college career at Tech, but never saw him miss a game due to injury. There were numerous rumors floating around all of the time about injuries he had, but he never left the field because of it. Welker has some heart let me tell ya.

good talent, came out of nowhere, maybe a dante hall type, could be a slot receiver type....

i think he is the most virsitile player in the NFL now or at least close to it, maybe we sold try him out at corner:D:goof:

I think he would be best used in 5WR formations. Line him up in the slot on the strong side and develop screen with Boston and Booker as blockers. Two big guys that will demand attention and help to hide Welker. Not to mention if you ran 4 deep and then had Welker run a drag route, he has the vision (assuming from kickoff returns) and size to find a spot against a zone. He is also too fasts for most dime backs and safties.

ChicagoPhinFan said:
He is not big and I would really hate to lose him on special teams due to getting hurt as a WR. He needs to stay healthy for us and I would like to see him used sparingly on offense.

I completely agree. We have good WR talent on this team, and I'd hate to see him take a big hit across the middle and end up out of the special teams game.

Back
Top Bottom