West Coast Offense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

West Coast Offense?

Zacher87

Starter
Reaction score
With no Ricky, we're not going to be able to play the same type of offense Wanny has been running here the past couple years.

We've got AC Marc Trestman, who was the Offensive Coordinator of the Raiders two years ago when they had the #1 offense utilizing the west coast. Plus we've got AJ Feeley who's been in the Eagles west coast system for years. We also have many quick WR's, plus Travis Minor is quick and can catch well out of the back field. Boston would also be nasty in the WC.

Is it something for our coaches to consider? Or is it too late to make such a drastic change?

its to late now i guess after they have the new playbook for months....., i hope ricky gave his back....

How can they stick with that same playbook and have success? Travis Minor isn't Ricky Williams, he isn't the same type of runner. With Minor you need more sweeps and counters, Ricky more dives and off-tackles. Obviously there's going to be big changes, and training camp is going to be very hectic for the players and coaches.

Nope, no one does. Its waaaaaaaay too late, PLUS..we all know AJ isnt half as good at short passes.....and the 10-20 yarders the WCO needs are too long for Fiedler...

I don't know how long it takes to incorporate a new system. It could be too late for this season, but with the personnel we have, our only hope for success on offense is to go to a single-back, pass-first offense.

Back
Top Bottom