What about a trade down with the Steelers?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about a trade down with the Steelers??

etsudolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Steelers | Team expected to try to trade up in first-round
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:09:41 -0700

Jim Wexell, of the Tribune-Democrat, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have 10 draft picks for the NFL Draft, but do not have 10 openings. As a result, the team is expected to attempt to trade up in the first round of the draft. The team's director of football operations, Kevin Colbert, said, "We'll be open to use some of those extra picks for the possibility of moving, sure."

The Steelers have the 32nd and 64th overall picks....thoughts?

Most teams don't like having only 1 pick on day one so remember that. A 2+3 doesn't work more than likely. The Steelers probably want two picks one for RB and for WR on the first day.

Now with that in mind the Steelers 2nd+4th plus 3rd next year I'd say is a fair deal.

There's good value at 32. Somebody is going to slip there that's worth it.

Looking at a trade value chart Pitt would have to depart with their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and 7th to equal our choice. I thought about this when I read the blurb on KFFL. I wouldn't trade that far down from the middle to the end of the 1st. I would look for a trade partner in the 20-25 range who are looking to move up for a position player that has fallen for some odd reason.

i say dont move until draft day, remember when we lost out on Moss because of moving to early...

Back
Top Bottom