what about Kelvin Benjamin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about Kelvin Benjamin?

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was wondering what others though. I know fins need offensive line help, but they got a left tackle now with albert and thats the guy who protects tannehill's blindside and I'm tired of fins getting lineman with top picks becsause they never seem to workout. Other positions seem to work but they don' t seem to know how to draft top tackles. I think tackles are deep in this draft and it seems you can usually get good guards and find some , as well as right tackles later in the draft. So it seems like Wr might not be a need with Wallace and Hartline as a solid no 2 and Matthews and thigpen and keller hopefully coming back. But wallace is a smaller speed guy and hartline is a complimentary WR, but I always think you can always add more help to a young qb like Tannehill.

The dolphins defense can be improved in some positions of course, but it was really the fins offense last year that lead to the sinking at the end of the season. Miami simply cou;dn't move the ball consistently and just score pts. Scoring pts can be helped in a big way when you have a big talented WR to catch passes in the redzone and be a force. The fins don't really have that. So well it depends on who gets picked, but I think Mike evans will get picked in top ten, but Kelvin could fall to miami, it's a mix up in mock drafts. Some have him higher, but others have him being in middle or lower of first rd, so close to where fins pick. If he and Evans ae gone by then, I guess I'd want fins to get a top tackle if one is left or best player available. But I was wondering what you guy's think about fins taking Benjamin at 19 instead of a tackle or offensive lineman? You rather have Evans or Benjamin if somehow both are available?

I like Benjamin, but if I'm Miami, I'd pass on him at #19. And not because I want them to draft a lineman, but because I just think there'll be a better all-around player available.

not at #19 and imo not in the first round...he's talented for sure but he's got a long ways to go...all that size in the pros won't matter if you don't put it to use ie hand usage to get separation and use your body to lean on smaller dbs...

if he doesn't develop it it's gonna be tough on him in the pros...cause he's not a burner and his route running leaves a lot to be desired...big body needs to play with more physicality and impose his will...very finesse at this stage

I love Benjamin and have watched nearly every game he has played. He can be dominant but is very raw and needs to be coached and mentored...Hartline would be awesome. However, if he is our target then trading back would be more equitable IMO as 19 really is high for him but the upside is ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

not at #19 and imo not in the first round...he's talented for sure but he's got a long ways to go...all that size in the pros won't matter if you don't put it to use ie hand usage to get separation and use your body to lean on smaller dbs...

if he doesn't develop it it's gonna be tough on him in the pros...cause he's not a burner and his route running leaves a lot to be desired...big body needs to play with more physicality and impose his will...very finesse at this stage

He's got better hips than most big WRs and he shows really good body control but you're spot on. Route running is not good, hand usage is non-existent and he doesn't use his size to "box out" defenders...he likes to go high for the ball but in the NFL you've got leapers like Grimes who has a 42" vertical....it's not enough. He also has very suspect hands, drops a lot of balls. I wouldn't take him at #19...maybe at #50 but I'd have to see who else is available first.

what about Mike Evans then if he falls to 19?

he's got the physicality and hand use you'd like to see but my issue with him is he's pretty much a finished product so where's the upside...and he doesn't separate from dbs even on college tape nor play as fast as he times...if officials let him grab and rip thru and push off in the pros yeah he's gonna be a problem...

doesnt sound like it's sniffing pick 19 anyways...i'll be in the minority on this but in the top 20 i'd pass

Back
Top Bottom