What about LeFors ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about LeFors ?

LeFors is a solid late 3rd-early 4th round pick (right now)

I was at the UofL--TCU game last night. LeFors did force a few throws, but they were scoring so much, it didn't matter if TCU did intercept it. What you probably didn't see on T.V. is that TCU had good coverage schemes most of the first half. They weren't getting in Stephan's face so he had time to step up and look to his down field targets.

I don't think that you could physically categorize LeFors as another Big Ben, but he could be successful at the next level because of his field vision and mobility.

To compare him to a current NFL QB, I'd say he's a left-handed version of Jeff Garcia.

The guy on Louisville who could end up being the guy you'd want to QB the Dolphins could very well be the backup to Lefors, Brian Brohm. He's a freshman and is already 6-4, 230 lbs. with mobility!!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I don't think we draft a QB until the 3rd or 4th round.

I agree....a 3rd round QB beats Feeley and Fiedler...I think Le Fors and Smith may still be around.

I dont know...LeFors looks good if he can compensate for being 6 foot, and Smith not only has talent but is smart enough to master Urban Meyer's offense (which while its not memorizing quantum physics...it aint that simple). I'd take either one, personally (and that way we could trade down and pick up alot more picks)

OK, devoted UL fan here

AND a fin fan to boot... Again, glad one of my teams is doing well!

Anyway, Lefors is short by todays QB standards (but a true 6') the kid has a set of wheels (228 on 43A, 4.8 YPC and 1TD) and a pretty sharp tack to boot. The kid makes few mistakes (13-1 TD/INT) has a STELLAR TEAM ATTITUDE. The guy was pre-season C-USA first team QB but could not rest on his laurels as he still had to beat out super frosh and future Heisman candidate Brian Brohm. Gets pulled in 6 of 8 games on the season in the 2Q for Brohm and never misses a beat.

He has no cannon and even though he has a great group of recievers at the Ville, Stephan has an accurate arm (73.7%) and understands what to do and gets it done. I'd take him on attitude and overachivement alone just because the kid deserves it! Top three in QB ratings week in and week out (currently 1st @ 184.1 and nearly a full 24 pts above last years Heisman winner White ). Say what you want about C-USA but Lefors picked the canes apart (17-22 3-0 TD/INT before going out with a concussion), not to mention he orchestrated a RB dominated 34-0 shutout of eventual Cane killers North Carolina, in Chapel Hill.

Not saying hes a first or even 2nd round pick, but the guy deserves a chance at few snaps at the next level.

Now, you want a PLAYER or two. Remember these names, Robert McCune and JR Russell. Both I believe will be draft picks but Russell is a likely first rounder. Although only a junior, it would be prudent to look at the big back Shelton maybe too the kid is a horse!

Dudeman said:
LeFors is 6', 201

Roethlisberger is 6'4", 242

LeFors is DEFINITELY not Big Ben II ;)

Louisville is in Conference USA, not the MAC

That's EXACTLY what I was gonna say.
LeFors might be good but he is NOT the next Big Ben

- I think with LeFors ( who I like alot) , Frye and some others , this could be a QB draft in round 3-4. The only reason that some of the guys , like LeFors go that late is size. If he's 6-2 , he might be a #1.

- As always , and JJ did this well., the draft is value. Obviously , you don't take a middle conf. QB who isn't "perfect" in the round 1. Take him in round 3 and he can play and lead ...you've got a steal. Ideal guy IF we were to trade our #1 and get picks.

I was born and raised a Cardinal Phan (live in Louisville and a UofL grad), and I have been a Phins Phan since I was seven (33 years ago), and Stefan LeFors is one of the BEST college quarterbacks I have ever seen.

He is on pace to break the record set by Dante Culpepper for completion percentage in a season. He is the second highest rated QB in the nation at the moment. He has not thrown an interception since the first game of the season.

And the only reason he does not have gaudier stats is the coaches are breaking in a true freshman quarterback, Brian Brohm, this year, in case of an injury to LeFors, and to prepare Brohm to be the starter next season. Brohm was USA Todays National Offensive Player of the Year last year.

But Stefan's stats are NOT what makes him so special. What really makes him special is he is one of the smartest quarterbacks I have ever seen. He rarely makes a mistakes, hence the lone interception, and he goes through his checks as fast as anyone I have ever seen. He can usually find the open receiver, hence his 75% completion percentage.

And not only is he a very accurate passer, he is one of the quickest quarterbacks around, and very fast. If no one is open and there is a seam, he's off. He puts a lot of pressure on defenses with his ability to run.

No he is not 6'4", and no he does not have the strongest arm, but his arm is plenty strong enough to get the job done. Somebody will have one heck of a quarterback if they are willing to give Stefan a chance. I hope it's the Phins.

LuvDemPhins said:
I was born and raised a Cardinal Phan (live in Louisville and a UofL grad), and I have been a Phins Phan since I was seven (33 years ago), and Stefan LeFors is one of the BEST college quarterbacks I have ever seen.

He is on pace to break the record set by Dante Culpepper for completion percentage in a season. He is the second highest rated QB in the nation at the moment. He has not thrown an interception since the first game of the season.

And the only reason he does not have gaudier stats is the coaches are breaking in a true freshman quarterback, Brian Brohm, this year, in case of an injury to LeFors, and to prepare Brohm to be the starter next season. Brohm was USA Todays National Offensive Player of the Year last year.

But Stefan's stats are NOT what makes him so special. What really makes him special is he is one of the smartest quarterbacks I have ever seen. He rarely makes a mistakes, hence the lone interception, and he goes through his checks as fast as anyone I have ever seen. He can usually find the open receiver, hence his 75% completion percentage.

And not only is he a very accurate passer, he is one of the quickest quarterbacks around, and very fast. If no one is open and there is a seam, he's off. He puts a lot of pressure on defenses with his ability to run.

No he is not 6'4", and no he does not have the strongest arm, but his arm is plenty strong enough to get the job done. Somebody will have one heck of a quarterback if they are willing to give Stefan a chance. I hope it's the Phins.
well, at least he's a good scrambler.....he'll need it with this line

at this point, i see it as aaron rogers or not drafting a qb at all in round one...but its still early...

Back
Top Bottom