What About Nnamdi Asomugha? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What About Nnamdi Asomugha?

dgb11112

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I reside in Atlanta, and it's been reported that Deanagelo Hall has been traded to the Raiders. He will get almost the amount of money that Samuals received... This puts Oakland in a Quandry, becasue Asomugha hasn't signed his tender yet and when D Hall signs it would put them in a bad cap situation to have both of them on the roster. It appears he will be a availabe and there was talk of him earlier. He has grreat size 6'2" 210 and good speed and excellent awareness. IMO we should explore a few options since Oakland after the trade will NOT have any picks in the first 3 rounds.

Excellent! Great Post I agree on this fact. If you look at where this will Put Oakland they can't afford to keep both and he's only a 4 year Pro in Asomugha so he's young :hi5:

i thought that he was franchised, he is a top corner and IMO better than samuel and hall, i doubt we do anything however, i would love him tho

yeah and Al Davis is legendary for getting flashy players who dont fit the scheme or attitude of HIS team. And he is quick on the trigger to get rid of players but i think the cost is to high i would love the addition but i dont think BP & JI will pull the trigger if something does come of this.

I reside in Atlanta, and it's been reported that Deanagelo Hall has been traded to the Raiders. He will get almost the amount of money that Samuals received... This puts Oakland in a Quandry, becasue Asomugha hasn't signed his tender yet and when D Hall signs it would put them in a bad cap situation to have both of them on the roster. It appears he will be a availabe and there was talk of him earlier. He has grreat size 6'2" 210 and good speed and excellent awareness.
Asomugha was hit with the exclusive rights franchise tag that doesn't allow him to even talk to other teams. As much as I was hoping he would be free to talk to Miami, he's going to be playing for the Raiders.
O we should explore a few options since Oakland after the trade will NOT have any picks in the first 3 rounds.
The trade was reportedly for the Raiders 2nd round pick, they still have the #4 pick in the first round. ;)

Read the thread start already explains it all. Oakland had the 4th pick in the draft and now won't have one until 4th round.

Asomugha was hit with the exclusive rights franchise tag that doesn't allow him to even talk to other teams. As much as I was hoping he would be free to talk to Miami, he's going to be playing for the Raiders.

The trade was reportedly for the Raiders 2nd round pick, they still have the #4 pick in the first round. ;)

FREE ADVICE TO ASOMUGHA: SIGN YOUR TENDER

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2008, 11:16 p.m.
With the Oakland Raiders closing in on a trade for cornerback DeAngelo Hall, which likely would also entail a big-money contract for the disgruntled Falcons, our guess is that the Raiders would then strip the exclusive franchise tag from cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.
But if Asomugha signs the one-year tender offer in an amount equal to the average of the five highest 2008 cap numbers for NFL cornerbacks, the tag is irrevocable — and the salary is fully guaranteed.
So our free, unsolicited, and likely unwanted advice to Asomugha is to sign the tender. Right now.
Three years ago, cornerback Charles Woodson triggered a negative reaction from the Raiders by signing his franchise tender, presumably at a time when the team was thinking about removing it.
If the franchise tag is rescinded, the player immediately becomes an unrestricted free agent. But since most of the big money already has flowed in free agency, Asomugha might be better off taking the one-year guarantee in 2008, and then hitting the open market in 2009.

FREE ADVICE TO ASOMUGHA: SIGN YOUR TENDER

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2008, 11:16 p.m.
With the Oakland Raiders closing in on a trade for cornerback DeAngelo Hall, which likely would also entail a big-money contract for the disgruntled Falcons, our guess is that the Raiders would then strip the exclusive franchise tag from cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.
But if Asomugha signs the one-year tender offer in an amount equal to the average of the five highest 2008 cap numbers for NFL cornerbacks, the tag is irrevocable — and the salary is fully guaranteed.
So our free, unsolicited, and likely unwanted advice to Asomugha is to sign the tender. Right now.
Three years ago, cornerback Charles Woodson triggered a negative reaction from the Raiders by signing his franchise tender, presumably at a time when the team was thinking about removing it.
If the franchise tag is rescinded, the player immediately becomes an unrestricted free agent. But since most of the big money already has flowed in free agency, Asomugha might be better off taking the one-year guarantee in 2008, and then hitting the open market in 2009.
Their guess is that will happen. My guess is that they will sign him. ;)

Again Florio runs a rumor site that does have alot of good stories and rumblings, but they also have alot of crap on there too. You have to take it with a grain of salt unless they provide proof (Links, source, quote, article, youtube vid, etc).

iT'S ACTUALLY NOT CORRECT... yES HE WAS fRANCHISED... no HE DIDN'T SIGN IT YET FO RTHE TENDER. THIS MAKING HIM AVAILABLE IF HE DOESN'T SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE.

Please refrain from posting in all caps. Thanks :)
iT'S ACTUALLY NOT CORRECT... yES HE WAS fRANCHISED... no HE DIDN'T SIGN IT YET FO RTHE TENDER. THIS MAKING HIM AVAILABLE IF HE DOESN'T SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE.

I think you are misreading the article. Asomugha was tagged with the Raiders exclusive rights franchise tag, meaning he can't even speak with other teams. What the Florio article is suggesting is that the Raiders may remove the tag because they traded for Hall (speculation from Florio). What he is suggesting to Asomugha is that he sign the tender in order to guarantee himself the average salary of the five highest 2008 NFL cornerbacks, making it impossible for the Raiders to remove the tag.

Until the Raiders remove the tag (which is all PFT speculation at this point) Asomugha can't speak with any other NFL teams.

The big question is, assuming the tag was removed (unlikely), would we be interested? I should hope so, but we've passed on just about every other big name / big money free agent.

I could see Tampa making a run at him if he gets released, they still have some cap room. That Florio guy is stupid, Asmougha will get his money this year or next, doesnt matter. If a team wants a top flight CB and need to pay Clem/Sam money to get him, they will do what it takes-restructure other contracts, backload Asmoughas, cut some people, whatever. He wont be poor, and hell, maybe he really doesnt want to play for Oakland, can you blame him for wanting off that sinking ship?

The theory would be solid, except Al Davis lives completely in the past and he believes in two things. The vertical passing game and two shut down corners. Remember the days of Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes.

Back
Top Bottom