what about troy smith? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about troy smith?

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He would be a good QB and we could get hiom in the third. In Our 1, 2a and 2b we could get o-line , and WR (in not certain order). I think troy is being underrated. he is a great scrambler and has a cannon for an arm. i think he is better than stanford QB ans drew staton.

He'll probably still be there in the 4th round....I'd rather have Stanton at 40 if he's there.

Ozzy rules!!

If we miss out on Quinn/Stanton, I would be all over Smith in the third, maybe even the late 2 we have from the Pats.
Hes got everything you want, just that he is Drew Brees sized. Im sure we will get a flood of people declaring him to be, at best, a second day guy, and often someone who wont amount to anything, all because of that crappy title game.
You know what, aside from that one game, in which the ENTIRE TEAM blew, he has been almost flawless. One bad game does not a bad QB make.

Just because a QB is good in college does not mean that they will be good in the NFL. Ryan Leaf for example. There's a reason Troy Smith is rated so lowly. And there's no reason why Troy Smith won the Heisman last year. He doesn't have the physicality, the mechanics or the discipline to play QB at the NFL level with any sort of success at this point in his career. If he comes in and learns from a good OC and QB coach then maybe he can be coached up. But I wouldn't spend a pick on him. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Same thing with Chris Leak.

yes he is drew brees size and was it a problem for him? no, he nearly broke dan marinos passing yards in one season. he had an amazing year. troy smiths size will not be a factor because of his ability to scrambler around for a lane to throw the ball. the reason he stunk in the national championship game is because the teams chemistry was messed up with ted ginn jr getting hurt on the first play of the game, and then their defense stunk it up too. that is why miami should get a big WR is one of their first couple picks to take a little pressure off of chambers, and it would help troy out too. ginn might be a really good pick up for miami. they might be able to trade down to maybe 16th pick with green bay and get an extra 3 round pick and then take ginn because i don't think they can take ginn at #9.
i would love to see miami take levi brown or trade up to lions the 1, 2b, 4 for lions 1 and pick up calvin johnson.he would be good with culpepper or smith.

If Troy Smith is off the board, we should draft Josh Heupel.

Back
Top Bottom