What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion

Yep, a player that barely touched the ball you listed in the "most" overrated dolphins category. Lookout Tyms you might be next!

Oh yea, his four runs last season lock him in as the all pro franchise running back some around here think he will be.

Egnew is going to make so much of you eat crow. I can't wait!!

I have a gut feeling of the same. I have nothing whatsoever to base it on, and could not debate anyone saying the opposite. We shall see.

VG thread. I don't have anyone overrated, as they are all gone, so far.

I do think that Misi, Clemons, and maybe Jerry have been underrated.

everyone thinks at least one player on a team is overrated , grab your sack. Its doesnt make u a bad fan

Overrated: Hartline. Like the guy, but he might be the worst after catch receiver I've ever seen starting for an NFL team. And I've seen Davone Bess.

Underrated: Marcus Thigpen. He produces return touchdowns and apparently the team liked what they saw from him enough in the slot that they told Bess to stay on the bench late in the season. I think we will see more of him on offense this season.

Who the hell is overrating Egnew?

LOl Lamar Miller would be a much better choice because some have expectations lol but true nobody is got much to say on egnew thats good. Im still trying to figure out why we drafted him. Go back and watch games at Mizzo , one of the least effective Te's I have ever seen in college football regardless of a 90 catch season that he averaged like 8 yards a catch on. Would much rather have drafted Orson Charles

Overrated: up until a couple weeks ago I would have said Bess, now I guess Matt Moore(as much as a back-up can be overrated)
Underrated: Clemons, doesn't make the highlight reel in a good or bad way

everyone thinks at least one player on a team is overrated , grab your sack. Its doesnt make u a bad fan

My fan status does not concern me. Last year, I would have listed Long, Bush, and Smith in the second half. My choices are all gone, guess Philbin agreed. :)

Overrated: Dimitri Patterson (He made how much last year?? Can't believe he made 3 mil last year. Might start a game...if unfortunately one of our CBs goes down. Knock on wood!)
Underrated: Reshad Jones (Quietly was our best player in the secondary last year. He should be getting what Dimitri Patterson made last year! He'll get paid and hopefully it's with us!)

Overrated --- Incognito (solid, but not worthy of his pro bowl selection)
Underrated --- Hartline (1,000 yards going against opponents top CB)

Overrated --- Incognito (solid, but not worthy of his pro bowl selection)
Underrated --- Hartline (1,000 yards going against opponents top CB)

Just another reason I hate the probowl. But to honest you cant blame the fans, the players and coaches are just as bad

Underated - Joe Philbin. Took a team totally bereft of offensive talent, a rookie quarterback, and an old and slow defense that couldn't stop good teams when it was absolutely necessary to do so to a 7-9 record. This was much better than what was realistic to expect.

Overated a: Dan Carpenter - kickers are paid to make kicks when it counts. No excuses. End of discussion.
Overated b: Jeff Ireland. Responsible for Philbin's team being totally bereft of offensive talent with an old and slow defense. Four straight losing seasons and the majority of the posters on this board still think he's the second coming of Joe Thomas.

I think a lot of these posts are off (who udnerrates Reshad Jones? Who overrates Patterson? etc)

Overrated:

Rishard Matthews - 7th round selection with good size and athletic ability... played in 5 games and did decently well in our last 2 games with 5-6 total catches. However, based on those few flashes people are really expecting him to be a high flyer this year and I just don't see it. I hope he really improves but 2 games doesn't tell me enough to be as convinced as most of the message board here.

Underrated:

Jared Odrick - The guy is a very solid rotational DE and has improved steadily the last couple of seasons. With that said, I have seen multiple posters ask to have him traded for a 3rd-4th-5th round pick and I just don't understand why. Guy is not spectacular but he does set the edge on running plays fairly well and gets his fair share of sacks. He has the versatility to shift inside to DT if we need and if he continues to develop will end up being a crucial part of our DL rotation.

OVERRATED: Odrick and Misi. Odrick is a role player at best. A Parcells type player. He is not now, nor will he ever be a play maker. We wasted a 1st rd pick on Odrick and he is less of a playmaker to the DL than Bess was a playmaker to the WR core. His sacks are from broken plays where the QB runs around towards Odrick and the lineman thinks the play is over and quits blocking. A 1st round defensive line man should be someone who has the ability to CREATE game changing plays when the game is on the line. If that is what you see in Odrick you don't watch many dolphins games. Odrick is someone that is relatively easy to block, stays blocked, and no OC in NFL football has ever had to game plan for. To be perfectly honest I really don't see that big of a drop off between Odrick and Shelby.

Misi does one thing ok, that is set the edge. He can't cover, and his pass rushing skill are pathetic. I see him being a back up to anyone who steps up even slightly in TC. Like Odrick, Misi has ZERO play making skills. Only kind of turnovers he has ever seen are for breakfast at McDonalds.

UNDERRATED: I struggled to find a good fit here, but I am going to go with Vernon. He was a young player coming out of college with not a lot of starts, and he struggled with being consistent, but he flashed several times last year. You can't help but see his play making skills. He is very strong and explosive and can make plays when the game is on the line. He has a very high motor and is very versatile. I think he has a chance to have a very good 2nd year. I am excited to see what he can do this year.

Back
Top Bottom