What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion

Could be interior line play for all I know but don't pay much attention to it so I'll stick to the skill positions.

Overrated: Richard Marshall, this guy was terrible even when healthy.

Underrated: Olivier Vernon, he was as hungry as they come. He didn't play a whole lot but he did make 3 or 4 memorable plays, him chasing down CJ Spiller from behind was one of my favorites.

Why is just about everyone picking relatively obscure/limited role players as overrated? Are we too emotionally invested in our core players to even consider the possibility that they'll let us down?

Honestly, I feel like Tannehill is overrated. People are pretty much assuming that he's a franchise QB and most on this board are predicting a huge breakout next year. I don't think that's anywhere close to a certainty. He has a very long way to go.

Underrated? Randy Starks. He might be more underhyped than truly underrated, but he's a key member of the d-line that's largely carried this defense above where people projected them to be.

Why is just about everyone picking relatively obscure/limited role players as overrated? Are we too emotionally invested in our core players to even consider the possibility that they'll let us down?

Honestly, I feel like Tannehill is overrated. People are pretty much assuming that he's a franchise QB and most on this board are predicting a huge breakout next year. I don't think that's anywhere close to a certainty. He has a very long way to go.

Underrated? Randy Starks. He might be more underhyped than truly underrated, but he's a key member of the d-line that's largely carried this defense above where people projected them to be.
within a certain context I can see Tannehill as overrated.

I don't get how Vernon is "underrated" - I don't see anyone calling for him to be cut/calling him a bust/asking or hoping for his role to be reduced.

I don't get how Vernon is "underrated" - I don't see anyone calling for him to be cut/calling him a bust/asking or hoping for his role to be reduced.

I think Vernon has a pretty big role in this year's defense. Bigger than most people expect. He is a big part of our 3rd down equation. Most seem to think of him as a 2nd string role player with little influence on the defensive outcome for the upcoming year. I disagree and think that is underrating him.

I don't think many people have a strong perception of Vernon's role, contrary to your belief. I see a lot of people EXPECTING Rishard Matthews to play a prominent role in our offense this season and I consider that overrating the guy. I haven't heard a single person really say anything about Vernon one way or another, and most people are in fact carrying a quiet optimism for him to have an increased role next season (I know I am).

And to be clear, you are hoping his role increases (I am too), but we have nothing to imply that he will be this major cog in the system. There has been nothing yet for us to EXPECT him to be a key player, though I'm sure we are all hoping. You hoping he plays a big part on our defense doesn't make the guy underrated.

A lot of the overrated players Miami had were let go...Anthony Fasano, Jake Long, Sean Smith, Reggie Bush.

Currently I think Richard Marshall is overrated and Odrick is underrated.

Could be interior line play for all I know but don't pay much attention to it so I'll stick to the skill positions.

Overrated: Richard Marshall, this guy was terrible even when healthy.

Underrated: Olivier Vernon, he was as hungry as they come. He didn't play a whole lot but he did make 3 or 4 memorable plays, him chasing down CJ Spiller from behind was one of my favorites.

Couldn't agree more. I've been saying Miami needs to cut Marshall, but people keep insisting he's decent. Like you said he was trash when he was healthy and now that he's coming off those herniated discs in his back or whatever back injury he has, people think he will somehow be better than last year.

I don't understand how Hartline is overrated. If the definition of overrated is thinking a guy everything think sucks is decent than I guess he is. Many here feel he did an admirable job as a #1 WR but shouldn't be the top WR on any team hence Miami bringing in Mike Wallace. Doesn't that pretty much describe him? He beats up on bad corners which he may see a lot of in 2013 based on our aquisitions. Plenty of teams have subpar CB's, some after there 1 and others may be deeper but Hartline should do his damage this year. I can't see how anyone can list Hartline as overrated without Tannehill. Just answer this, how many threads have we seen claiming Tannehill is a top 10 or even top 5 QB in the making and how many threads have we seen stating Hartline in a top 10 or even top 5 WR. It's like a dozen or so to 0. I like Tannehill and actually have a lot of confidence that he will get better but we are a bit premature in annoiting him a franchise top 5-10 QB just yet. As for BRain Hartline, he's a pretty good solid player which I think is what many fans on here consider him. I don't see that as overrated. Guys like Lamar Miller, Ryan Tannehill and Risard Matthews are far more overrated here on Finheaven then a guy who's actually produced at a reasonibly high level in NFL games. Finheaven is funny:

Guy whos produced = overrated
Guys who have flashed in the pan = underrated

C'mon now!

You^ forgot to mention Will Yeatman who is apparently being penciled in as our starting RT this year by some.

tanny being overrated by some only see a stat line, and don't look at the ability to read defenses, make plays and be a leader of men.

Back
Top Bottom