what combo do you prefer ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what combo do you prefer ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
could you tell me if you prefer a quinn / joe staley combo or a levi brown and stanton combo and why ?

personnaly I root for the first combo and with a big LT draftee next year because I don't think stanton can be a very solid starter QB .

opinions ?

I'd prefer a Levi Brown and Aaron Ross combo, or a Leon Hall and Grubbs/Blaylock/Kalil combo. Mueller has said he wants someone who will come in and make in impact right away with 3 or so of our picks from this draft. Not any of Quinn, Stanton, or Staley would do that. So I would prefer people who are valued at similar spots, yet more ready to start. Aside from that, of the 2 you listed, I'd prefer Brown Stanton, merely because I think the difference between Stanton and Quinn is far less than that between Staley and Brown.

I guess most people would prefer Quinn/Staley but Quinn won´t be there at nr. 9! I think taking L. Brown at 9 would be a bit of a reach, so i wouldn´t mind taking
1. Landry
2a. Kalil
2b. bpa WR or OT
3. bpa QB

Dream scenario would be Nelson and Meachem.

Realistic would be Brown and Kalil/Ross.

I think taking L. Brown at 9 would be a bit of a

Why is a potential dominating Left Tackle a reach at #9? I know he had slow times at the combine but how often do you expect your LT to start running full speed (unless your QB is AJ Feely). I've watched this guy play I love his attitude and think he is probably one of the most underated players in this draft.

Lets look at this from another perspective How many great great LT have come from the 2nd round and later. If I look at almost any other Position excluding QB's I think dominating LT are the hardest players to find later in the draft. The problem with QB's is usually a hit and miss scenario where as LT usually have a decent career.

Dream scenario would be Nelson and Meachem.

Realistic would be Brown and Kalil/Ross.

I'd love either. nelson is so damn intimidating even at his size. I wonder if he could play C, I know he can't play SS. Isn't he like Allen, in that his original college position was CB?

I'd love either. nelson is so damn intimidating even at his size. I wonder if he could play C, I know he can't play SS. Isn't he like Allen, in that his original college position was CB?

Nah, he's always been a safety but he can play both. He played CB in the Nickel and Dime the first part of his first season at Florida.

I'd rather have Ginn and then Stanton but I think he won't be there at 40 but if he is then I'd take him...then either a guard or a center and then in round 3 a DT.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom