What could have possibly happened in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could have possibly happened in the draft

Phinsdude

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just a thought I had, and yes, things had to have worked their way out. No one knew Ben would fall to 11, but just a thought.

We traded a fourth to move up, just imagine if we used the 2nd we got Feeley for, and traded up even more. Say we used our 1st, that 2nd, and the 4th, or maybe it would have taken a third, how much could we have moved up. We were 8 spots away from getting to 11. Things would have had to worked out, and we had Feeley by then.

The thing that puzzles me is Feeley's lack of mobility. I mean, look at Big Ben, look at Trent Green, these guys are not mobile, nor quite close to being considered mobile, and they look like Micheal Vick compared to Feeley. Am I wrong, or does Feeley look like a stiff back in the pocket? If he can't beat out Fiedler now, what makes you think he can be our starting QB. He has sat on the Bench for 3 years, how long does he need to sit on the bench to become a decent Quarterback.

Phinsdude said:
The thing that puzzles me is Feeley's lack of mobility. I mean, look at Big Ben, look at Trent Green, these guys are not mobile, nor quite close to being considered mobile, and they look like Micheal Vick compared to Feeley. Am I wrong, or does Feeley look like a stiff back in the pocket? If he can't beat out Fiedler now, what makes you think he can be our starting QB. He has sat on the Bench for 3 years, how long does he need to sit on the bench to become a decent Quarterback.
We don't really know what Feeley can do because he's had very limited practice time with the first-team Offense.

In fact, I think you can trace the team's awful start on O to two things: missing players (injuries, ganja) and Wannstedt's decision to keep the competition open for so many positions, for so long. Bad luck, compunded by bad decisions.

Imagine for a moment how different this team's start might have been if Wannstedt had named Feeley the starter in mini-camps; if he had also named a starting Offensive Line a week into training camp. Shift that timeline back 6 weeks, and the line starts jelling around game 2 instead of game 7 like it did.

For proof of the soundness of that line of thinking, just look at how much better the OL is playing now compared to the beginning of the season, when Wannstedt had just named the starting unit.

No doubt in my mind Feeley would be playing well right now had he had the time to jell with the rest of the O.

Phinsdude said:
Just a thought I had, and yes, things had to have worked their way out. No one knew Ben would fall to 11, but just a thought.

We traded a fourth to move up, just imagine if we used the 2nd we got Feeley for, and traded up even more. Say we used our 1st, that 2nd, and the 4th, or maybe it would have taken a third, how much could we have moved up. We were 8 spots away from getting to 11. Things would have had to worked out, and we had Feeley by then.

what if what if what if...
there is a reason he is on the bench, look at his stats. Those other QB's you mentioned have a whole lot more experience than AJ. He had hardly any college time and only 4 or 5 games with Philli before coming here. As much as I would love to see jay gone, I dont think AJ will solve our problems at QB.I dont know how to explain it, but the best way i know how is that you need a qb to FIT IN with the system and the rest of the team. well our system sucks and the rest of the team doesnt have much respect for AJ.Maybe with a new fo and coach next year who knows?

Back
Top Bottom