What could you spend Landry's $14M a year on instead of Landry? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could you spend Landry's $14M a year on instead of Landry?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we let Landry leave because we don't want to spend $14M, what could we spend that cash on instead of Landry that would improve the team?

It’s not about a 14 million player. It’s about what you believe in as a team. The NFL has a salary cap. Your can only pay 3-4 players really well. Qb is one, so if you want your 2nd, 3rd or 4th highest paid player to be a slot receiver then great! I think it’s crazy to put him with tier 1 receivers. Hopefully we work something out and he can stay for 5 years 50 million.

It’s not about a 14 million player. It’s about what you believe in as a team. The NFL has a salary cap. Your can only pay 3-4 players really well. Qb is one, so if you want your 2nd, 3rd or 4th highest paid player to be a slot receiver then great! I think it’s crazy to put him with tier 1 receivers. Hopefully we work something out and he can stay for 5 years 50 million.

But if that slot receiver is more productive and contributes more to the success of the team than any combination of players that would take up that salary, then it would be worth it... Quality over quantity.

Odds are if Landry leaves we'd just use that money on a few players who suck and are a liability on the field...

Lol Davante Adams got exactly that in his extension with the Packers, and Landry has been more productive over the last 4 years, so how do you figure?

Landry is getting at least that. Get real.
Yeah, nevermind the fact that Adams has 4 more TDs on half of Landry's receptions...

Lol Davante Adams got exactly that in his extension with the Packers, and Landry has been more productive over the last 4 years, so how do you figure?

Do you watch Davante Adams play? Dude's a monster. Came on real strong at the end of 2016 and had a really good 2017. I can't imagine the numbers he would of put up if Rodgers stayed healthy.

If it wasn't for two cheap shots that knocked him not only out of 2 games in the 3rd quarter and two games entirely, he would have put up more yards and WAY more TDs than Landry. I'd rather have Adams honestly.

If you think going from Tannehill to Cutler was bad, imagine going from Rodgers to Hundley. Oof.

I'd be happy with a 4yr/50 mil 27 mil GTD for Landry.

If we let Landry leave because we don't want to spend $14M, what could we spend that cash on instead of Landry that would improve the team?

Hard to say. Too many variables. Another receiver? Likely. But, it's not just adding players, it's BETTER players. Instead of $3mm for a RB and $5mm for an OG, it's $5mm for a RB and $7mm for an OG. Spread across 3-4 FAs, that extra available cash can be significant. Or, can be spent on one major FA. Where would *I* spend it? Probably half on a WR and half on upgrading the offer to a few FAs

Do you watch Davante Adams play? Dude's a monster. Came on real strong at the end of 2016 and had a really good 2017. I can't imagine the numbers he would of put up if Rodgers stayed healthy.

I couldn't imagine the numbers Landry would put up with Rogers as his QB instead of Tannehill/Moore/Cutler either.

I said want as the op stated. Adams is a much better player. Do you think the Packers would give Landry 14 million?

You need to watch other teams more. All 32 teams would say Adams is a better receiver than Landry. If your definition of “production” is catching a lot of 8 yard passes on third and 15 then I guess you’re right. Volume of receptions doesn’t make the impact greater. Adams is far more versatile and dangerous on deep routes. He can change a game, JL cannot.

Two words: Aaron. Rogers.
Davante scored 10 TDs this season(117 targets), where Rodgers played 6.5 games... And no, he didnt score all of them when Rodgers was the starter...

Back
Top Bottom