What did you break ,throw or smash watching fins games?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by allsilverdreams, Jun 11, 2017.

1. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Over the years i have lost a few things due to anger issues when it came to our Fins.I tore my jersey right of my chest broke a remote and a coffee table.had a few heated fights with friends and family as well seeing that i live in Buffalo.
    Now that i have addressed those anger issues of the past i was wonering if anyone else had done something similar.

2. traptses

traptses Starter

Thrown my hat/bottle of water many times. Once I got so heated I punched a metal pole. Nothing too extreme though.

Good on you getting those issues addressed. Have to always keep in mind, as passionate as we may be, it IS only a game

3. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Broken My heart during the last 4+ decades

coalesce, justdon, PhinsAAA and 4 others like this.
  4. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 Well-Known Member

I fratured my heal in 5 places. But that was because I was thinking of the last 20 years of fins football.

5. Game Day

Game Day Well-Known Member

Remote controls. Fortunately, my cable company always repalced them for free.

EDIT: Sometimes I just dealt with it being one remote short for a while to punish myself for being a moron.

6. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

Threw my iPhone into what I thought were the cushions of my couch when we gave up a Geno Smith td in the 4th quarter the last game of '14. Which we lost....finished 8-8. I missed the cushions, phone hit the wall and that was the end of that phone. I think i poured myself a triple in the kitchen after that. No playoffs!

7. biggrouper

biggrouper Scout Team

The worst for me... Tried to fit my couch out the small living room window... Luckily it didn't and I only had to replace one small pane of glass. Jets comeback win from 30 down will do it every time.

royalshank likes this.
  8. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

Uh, nothing. I'm an adult.

9. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I will take whatever jersey I have on and throw it on the floor in my room if we are playing bad and grab another one, and another one....until we start plying well! haha

10. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Uh, nothing.

finomenal and MikeO like this.
  11. JG13

JG13 Active Member

October 23, 2000...hurled a bomber of Sierra Nevada pale ale through the sheetrock in my apartment kitchen after the Jets comeback down 30-7. Didn't get the security deposit back of course.

12. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

Nothing for me also.

finomenal likes this.
  13. PyroDOLFAN

PyroDOLFAN Seasoned Veteran Donator

Broke my finger

2007, against Baltimore, Lemon to Camarillo in OT. My hand met the fan in exuberance and glee

14. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Gotta love all the high horses in here that are so much more mature than everyone else. Gotta make sure we all know it too!

15. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

Little kids throw things when they're upset. And adults tell them not to.

Adults that throw things are therefore not even being childish. They're acting in a way that children are not permitted to act.

Which is not to say I haven't thrown things, because I certainly have. And been embarrassed after doing it. But the crappy Dolphins bein' crappy doesn't exactly rouse that in me. You might as being upset that a horse ****s on the ground.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    finomenal and Phinatic8u like this.
  16. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

How's it a high horse?

17. JG13

JG13 Active Member

Mr_PEANUT-500x500.jpg

18. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

My liver.

19. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

It wasn't five places but I broke my heal also! Slide off the roof and stuck the landing............only my heal decided to crack lol.

20. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

I know right........

......I only smashed nintendo controllers trying to beat Mike Tyson back in the day

21. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Nothing. I laughed. Before midway through last season, I lost a lot of my passion and I didn't care nearly as much anymore. Their play on the field was a comedy of errors, and it became a game to predict what they were gonna screw up next.

Plus, stuff costs money. I'm not about to destroy it because of the Dolphins.

22. Agua

Agua Fighting the media, one lie at a time

Threw a large stadium cup full of grapefruit / vodka at the TV during a Monday night game vs. Pittsburg in 94.

Almost forgot that I kicked a coffee table across a tile floor and it knocked a hole in some wood paneling. That had to be in the early 80s or late 70s.

23. josephreese

josephreese Since '76

Came close to breaking my hand a few times. That was many years ago, when I hadn't experienced enough life to put things in their proper perspective.

24. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

Cell phones and TVs. Well, 1 TV. Macbook Pro.

I busted a $2,000 TV during the 2014 NBA Finals when Danny Green just couldn't ****ing miss from three.

Think I've calmed that **** down now. That was my wake up call, lol....

25. ChrisTRD

ChrisTRD A True Fan

I'm a hat thrower. 1st game my wife ever watched with me was the 2009(?) game vs Indy where we led like had the ball a ridiculous amount of time yet still allowed Manning to drive down the field and win the game at the end. I threw my hat at my living room window and went outside. I didn't speak to her for 30 mins.

26. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

I think that's bro speak for, "I suddenly feel inferior and n
    And I thought I had anger issues.

[​IMG]

PyroDOLFAN likes this.
  27. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

Yep I recently broke my xbox controller in frustration and I'm not going to get a new one for a while so I make myself suffer. Actually the first controller I've broken since I was 15 or 16. All over a ****ing video game lol. I felt like such an idiot.

Blackcreekbandit and Game Day like this.
  28. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

Jesus christ that sounds painful.

29. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 Well-Known Member

My doctor said it was the second most painful bone to break. Said the knee bone was the worst.

30. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

I once threw a high horse at bratty kids who wouldn't stay off my lawn. That wasn't Dolphins related though.

31. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Well, I was a kid when we lost to SD in the '81 playoffs after being down 24-0 and coming back to lead very late 38-31. When Uwe Van Suckman missed a FG as regulation expired and then again in OT, I put my foot through the wall.

My Dad made me fix the sheet rock and thus I learned how to spackle so something good came out of it I guess.

Blackcreekbandit likes this.
  32. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't throw things. I just drink

scodoublet likes this.
  33. josephreese

josephreese Since '76

Watching this game was the first really painful sports moment for me. I was 10. Brutal.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_in_Miami

Kellen Winslow was heroic.

royalshank likes this.
  34. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

I never drink during the games, just a shout, slam on the floor with my hand and then I go for a 5 mile run afterwards.

35. TheRook

TheRook Rookie

My story, which I'm not proud of but it makes a good story, was breaking one of those little handheld TV's they used to have by throwing it across the room and smashing into a wall. What makes it interesting was it was during the "clock play" game. I threw the TV after the Jets scored on their first drive in the third quarter and walked out and refused to look up any results or watch any highlight shows. It wasn't until the next day, I got to work and had a message on my phone from my mom saying "wasn't that the most exciting comeback?!" Pretty sure I've never broken anything since then...and when I moved out of that apartment years later, I found a few pieces of that shattered TV as I was cleaning out the room. I guess if I were Robert DeNiro's character in Sliver Linings Playbook, I'd have to sacrifice a little TV every time the Dolphins got behind to make sure they'd comeback. Fortunately, I'm not quite that superstitious.

36. jb1213

jb1213 Member

I usually try to keep my cool, but I am infamous among my immediate family (and constantly reminded by them) for my behavior during the last play of the December 8, 2013 game against the Steelers--you remember, that lateral play that almost won the game for the Steelers. Toward the end of that play (before the out-of-bounds call) I threw the remote and said a few choice words. To end on a happy note, I felt the complete opposite this past December with the joy of watching us win in December in Buffalo!

jb1213

37. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Wow, yes. I was the same 10 or 11 and like you, it was my first traumatic sports experience too. Winslow blocked both of those FGs I think cause he kicked them so low. Winslow rumbling through our secondary is burned in my mind - whenever someone says "great TE" those images surface.

josephreese likes this.
  38. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

It's been years but I broke all kinds of **** when I was young and thought the fins had a shot. Back before acceptance of what it meant to be a dolphins fan sunk in. College to be exact ... after what was always already a long weekend ... no excuse but still. Mostly beer bottles and remotes but there were a few other unfortunate victims ... a bong (RIP zong), a few bottles of bourbon, a few DVD players, a lamp, a phone or 2, and I'm sure more. I've also burned fins attire I was currently wearing in effigy and threw one sweatshirt off a balcony into a neighbor's yard so I could watch their dogs tear it apart. This was common behavior for all of us during the college years ... nothing out of the ordinary.

It only happened once since my early 20's when they drafted Dion Jordan at 3 and I threw a marble ashtray through my buddy's tv. We went to a BBQ that day and I was already black out drunk by the time the draft even began ... no excuse but still (no patterns here ...). I ended up finding a bigger, nicer tv for nothin on Craigslist and had it hooked up before he got home from work ... so that was good ... but that was the last time.

Now I just laugh and rationalize terrible play with a better draft pick.

39. justdon

justdon Well-Known Member

Nothing.Thank god.

40. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

I smashed my lucky "water pipe" after tebow beat the Phins out of nowhere a few years back.

And my dad punched a hole in the wall.....after a win...lol...after the Lamar Smith game winning run in the playoffs vs the Colts.

Imagine all the things we could break if the Phins ever play in a competitive playoff affair! Maybe this year? As hopeful as ever 25 years later.

josephreese likes this.