What did you think of Daniel Thomas? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What did you think of Daniel Thomas?

SammySmif

Starter
Reaction score
I have gone on record against the Finheaven "Draft Gurus" who stated this was a bad pick. I think Thomas was a great pick and have maintained this for months. Finally yesterday he gave us 100 yards in his debut game and looked incredible, considering the woeful state of our Oline.

I look over at Ingram who is not doing anything over in NO and am feeling better and better about this pick.

The naysayers will point out the fumble, and I would agree, but my god what a great run that would have been. Notice many times he was running out of the shotgun with no lead blockers and going right off the butt of our rookie Pouncey, who I believe was also a nice selection over Ingram in round 1.

What I do not get is why Reggie Bush sits on the bench and watches this..can we not have them both on the field together? Is that utter insanity? We witnessed a total misuse of Reggie Bush for 2 straight games.

I don't expect Thomas to slow down..he and Marshall were our main bright spots on O yesterday, and frankly we could have won that game if our offense got a little more dynamic.

Thank you DT for proving the FH expert doubters wrong and providing a big time spark out there in the run game.

i thought he showed exactly what i said...outstanding feet and short area burst and quick to the los...upright at the 2nd level and thats why he got stood up and popped by the safety on one play...and like i said on college tape the ball security n traffic wasn;t great and it showed itself yesterday...although that was more a guy putting a helmet on the ball than anything else but in traffic he needs to carry the rock high and tight

he was outstanding b/t the tackles...even got 100 yards behind this craptastic oline...

We'll see. I liked what I saw, but he needs better ball security. He's fast enough, and actually seems a little squirmy/able to get into small holes if you noticed yesterday. Come contact though he needs to drop lower..a CB stood him up yesterday. I like the fact he just cuts and goes though.

Thanks guys..solid posts by all..well except the obviously weird one..lol.

Thomas looked great. Power and burst, also gotta say I liked what I saw from Pouncey. At last we have our center. Thomas ran behind him a lot and it is nice amid the gloom to say we have two very good looking rookies.

i thought he showed exactly what i said...outstanding feet and short area burst and quick to the los...upright at the 2nd level and thats why he got stood up and popped by the safety on one play...and like i said on college tape the ball security n traffic wasn;t great and it showed itself yesterday...although that was more a guy putting a helmet on the ball than anything else but in traffic he needs to carry the rock high and tight

he was outstanding b/t the tackles...even got 100 yards behind this craptastic oline...

I'd say that's spot on.

Give some credit to the O line. They were pretty darn instrumental in Thomas going for 100. They made some nice holes for him and he took advantage.

While one game doesn't mean squat, he showed promise. Just has the typical rookie propensity to not hold the football correctly. That is fixable. However, get ready to tote the rock and a ton this year DT. I wouldn't be surprised to see DT run the rock 300+ times this year and get worn down. That is what we do in Miami. Stupid ****...

those holes are more scheme driven and d thomas driven than anything else...spread em out single back and daniel thomas with his vision and one cut and get north and south mindset and burst to the los and into the 2nd level...

this oline is horrid...but thomas in short yardage and goalline is dicey cause he runs with too high pad level...drop your pads and punish someone before they punish you...if he learsn to drop his pad level watch out...cause those jump cuts and feet i saw yesterday were the rarest of rare

I have gone on record against the Finheaven "Draft Gurus" who stated this was a bad pick. I think Thomas was a great pick and have maintained this for months. Finally yesterday he gave us 100 yards in his debut game and looked incredible, considering the woeful state of our Oline.

I look over at Ingram who is not doing anything over in NO and am feeling better and better about this pick.

The naysayers will point out the fumble, and I would agree, but my god what a great run that would have been. Notice many times he was running out of the shotgun with no lead blockers and going right off the butt of our rookie Pouncey, who I believe was also a nice selection over Ingram in round 1.

What I do not get is why Reggie Bush sits on the bench and watches this..can we not have them both on the field together? Is that utter insanity? We witnessed a total misuse of Reggie Bush for 2 straight games.

I don't expect Thomas to slow down..he and Marshall were our main bright spots on O yesterday, and frankly we could have won that game if our offense got a little more dynamic.

Thank you DT for proving the FH expert doubters wrong and providing a big time spark out there in the run game.

ingram had a fumble yesterday in the exact same situation as thomas. Except thomas had alot more carries , where ingram had alot less. Its looking like a great great pick.

Back
Top Bottom