What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season?

Why did the Dolphins not address the WR position THIS season?

• Jeff Ireland didn't think it was necessary.

Votes: 27 17.1%
  • The Phins tried but trade(s) fell through.

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Philbin did not want additional receivers based on the options available.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • The salary cap prevented the Phins from doing it.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeff Ireland did think it was necessary but there were no suitable options.

Votes: 57 36.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.8%

• Total voters
That wasn't addressing the WR situation. A seventh round pick doesn't count as addressing it and signing Naanee is the opposite of addressing it.

Are you unhappy with either Tannehill, Martin, Miller, or Vernon? I am not unhappy with their contributions. This was a reasonable draft that improved our team.

I really believe the Dolphins want to fix their #1 WR position once and for all with a quality Vet that would be optainable in 2013.... as for who that receiver is, we would only be guessing if we tried to name him.

I also think they will ty to get a quality rookie in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Are you unhappy with either Tannehill, Martin, Miller, or Vernon? I am not unhappy with their contributions. This was a reasonable draft that improved our team.
Taking TY Hilton over Egnew would have been a start. Martin wouldn't have been an issue if he hadn't signed Marc Colombo. Same thing with Miller had Daniel Thomas not sucked.

I put other. The no suitable options comes in from sub par talent evaluation skills as a whole by the team. Not completely incompatent but no where near the top. Everyone knew we were weak there and with the proper knowledge of what you have and what you need as well as offensive game planning to recognize, and convey your specific need, the opportunity was missed. It's difficult to hit on everyone, but we're below the median in terms of hits and misses.

Philbin never had any say in GB, so this whole "He'll never get a FA WR" talk goes out the window.

Ireland makes personal decisions, if he goes to Philbin and asks his opnion on Wallace, Bowe or Jennings in a dolphins uniform next year, I doubt he's gonna LOL @ Ireland and say "nope, draft only mutha****a"

Actually Philbin stated himself that he builds through the draft and not FA

Definitely "other". IMO Ireland didn't have faith in our rookie QB, new coach, and no-name roster, so he held off until 2013. Very disappointing as one decent WR could have put us in the playoffs.

Taking TY Hilton over Egnew would have been a start. Martin wouldn't have been an issue if he hadn't signed Marc Colombo. Same thing with Miller had Daniel Thomas not sucked.

Exactly. He's always trying to patch up his own mistakes, regurgitating over and over and over again

5 f'in years and on the way to his 4th straight losing season. No matter how anyone tries to cut it,. that totally sucks.

Four straight losing seasons..... Look up dolphins history and check out how many times that's happened. yeah thanks

I voted "other" because there was no option for "Jeff Ireland is an incompetent GM who does not know what he is doing".

I would agree if we hadnt drafted a 3rd runningback and a third te before we drafted a damn receiver.
Reggie Wayne was a pretty decent receiver that had interest in Miami and would have cost the same as scrub Richard marshall.
There was no excuse not to address receiver esp when we traded Marshall March 14

You don't give big money to an aging WR like Wayne when you're at least 2 years away from contending for any type of titles. Is we signed Wayne, by the time were good enough to make a REAL playoff push he'd be on the downside. I'm glad they didn't sign an aging fee agent, i'd much rather draft a couple of receivers this year and let them grow with Tannehill.

You don't give big money to an aging WR like Wayne when you're at least 2 years away from contending for any type of titles. Is we signed Wayne, by the time were good enough to make a REAL playoff push he'd be on the downside. I'm glad they didn't sign an aging fee agent, i'd much rather draft a couple of receivers this year and let them grow with Tannehill.

Wayne signed for the exact same money that we gave perpetual scrub Richard Marshall so how is spending money on a scrub better than a good wr. There is no logic here.

Outside of Ty Hilton, none of the receivers drafter in the last draft are that good so far. So I'd rather have our picks than the WR's that were there.

So u prefer taking our third string rb and our 4th string TE over taking a receiver.
I mean who cares if we have the worst backup receivers in the league. I mean cmon Tannehill's receivers accounted for for a grand total of 66 yards an u feel no need to draft anybody last year ok

Back
Top Bottom