What do you guys think of Terence Williams -WR Baylor? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think of Terence Williams -WR Baylor?

Don't think he's a #1. I feel like he'll run fast at the combine and that'll send him rocketing up draft boards combined with his stellar stats. But I feel like he plays wayyyyyy slower than his times will indicate

Extremely productive deep threat on the outside. His 27 career receiving TD's leads the Senior class of WR's (D-1). Fairly unique blend of size/speed/hands. Good player.

The thing I've liked about him is that he's a true vertical threat and proves it time and again. Not every guy who catches deep passes actually proves he's a vertical threat. In Art Briles' offense Williams often has a narrow patch of grass to work with because he's lined up so wide at the snap of the ball. He has to deal with the sideline as well as the defender all the time and he consistently executes because he's such a threat vertically. You combine that with some (most times) good hands and play making ability that way, and his surprisingly good run after the catch especially over the middle, and I think you have a pretty good player that I have no problem being taken in the second day of the draft, maybe even the first day at the tail end depending on your appetite for risk.

i think the senior bowl is gonna be huge for him...get off press and separate and i see a top 50 guy...he's got some things going for him...i like the point of how he plays the sideline well despite lining up so wide...i think his field awareness is very good...and he can like other have said get vertical

better not have a brian quick like senior bowl week though...will kill his stock for me

This wide receiver class has the potential to have a pretty fat neck. Seniors like Terrance Williams and Quinton Patton bolster it. Marquess Wilson's leaving of Mike Leach's program should mean another guy that fattens the neck. Da'Rick Rogers and Keenan Allen have already declared. Robert Woods, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter and Stedman Bailey are also weighing their options. Among them, Patterson is rumored to be leaning toward staying in school. And of course you have the enigmatic Tavon Austin, who teams could view as the next Percy Harvin.

I don't know that you feel so strong or urgent about any of these guys to take them high. There are no slam dunks among them. Certainly no Calvin Johnsons, no Dez Bryants, no A.J. Greens or even a Michael Crabtrees (who was long foreseen by many to be a stellar prospect, whether he's come through on that or not). I don't see a Hakeem Nicks. And I get to say I don't see a Hakeem Nicks because I'm among those that actually saw Hakeem Nicks for what he was. I don't even think there are any physical freaks like the aforementioned Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill or Julio Jones.

What there is, is just a fair amount of good players you can imagine playing good football for you. And some of these guys will indeed end up stars it's just not necessarily easy to tell which ones.

This wide receiver class has the potential to have a pretty fat neck. Seniors like Terrance Williams and Quinton Patton bolster it. Marquess Wilson's leaving of Mike Leach's program should mean another guy that fattens the neck. Da'Rick Rogers and Keenan Allen have already declared. Robert Woods, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter and Stedman Bailey are also weighing their options. Among them, Patterson is rumored to be leaning toward staying in school. And of course you have the enigmatic Tavon Austin, who teams could view as the next Percy Harvin.

I don't know that you feel so strong or urgent about any of these guys to take them high. There are no slam dunks among them. Certainly no Calvin Johnsons, no Dez Bryants, no A.J. Greens or even a Michael Crabtrees (who was long foreseen by many to be a stellar prospect, whether he's come through on that or not). I don't see a Hakeem Nicks. And I get to say I don't see a Hakeem Nicks because I'm among those that actually saw Hakeem Nicks for what he was. I don't even think there are any physical freaks like the aforementioned Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill or Julio Jones.

What there is, is just a fair amount of good players you can imagine playing good football for you. And some of these guys will indeed end up stars it's just not necessarily easy to tell which ones.
Do not forget about Cobi Hamilton out of Arkansas. He is not a super quick guy, but he knows how to work the corner. Takes awhile to get up too speed, but can get downfield on vertical routes. It will be interesting to see how he handles press in the Pros. I know he is not a #1 and that is what we need, but I like his game.
[video=youtube;d9GW1uv3DxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9GW1uv3DxE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not forget about Cobi Hamilton out of Arkansas. He is not a super quick guy, but he knows how to work the corner. Takes awhile to get up too speed, but can get downfield on vertical routes. It will be interesting to see how he handles press in the Pros. I know he is not a #1 and that is what we need, but I like his game.
[video=youtube;d9GW1uv3DxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9GW1uv3DxE
[/video]

yeah I prefer this guy instead..he is going to blow the roof off the combine.

when i hear the words "gather speed" that's a big huge red flag...

i agree with the sentiments that this wr class has quality depth all thru the top 3 rounds...lots of guys who look to me like solid pros etc...i also don't see a dez bryant anywhere but i do think keenan allens tape would be a lot more impressive if he had a better qb to work with and i do think right now at least that if i had to hang my hat on one wr in this class that he'd be the one...the guy knows how to run routes he understands db leverage he's willing to go get the ball and for a big body he can separate and has burst...

i think he's an inpact pro and most importantly ready to contribute in a big way from the jump...keenan allens not raw

when i hear the words "gather speed" that's a big huge red flag...

i agree with the sentiments that this wr class has quality depth all thru the top 3 rounds...lots of guys who look to me like solid pros etc...i also don't see a dez bryant anywhere but i do think keenan allens tape would be a lot more impressive if he had a better qb to work with and i do think right now at least that if i had to hang my hat on one wr in this class that he'd be the one...the guy knows how to run routes he understands db leverage he's willing to go get the ball and for a big body he can separate and has burst...

i think he's an inpact pro and most importantly ready to contribute in a big way from the jump...keenan allens not raw
What about Keenan Allen with our 1st and Terrance Williams with one of our 2nds if he's there? How would you feel about that hoops?

What about Keenan Allen with our 1st and Terrance Williams with one of our 2nds if he's there? How would you feel about that hoops?

i'd feel like that was overkill...two big bodies with similar physical makeups...i definitely want another wr added but one that brings some different things to the table...and probably if i used the top pick on a wr not with either of my 2nd rounders...would depend on the board

Back
Top Bottom