What do you think about the execution of our offense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think about the execution of our offense?

Joke is as old as Tampa Bays orange uniforms.

Joke is as old as Tampa Bays orange uniforms.

John McKay was the TB coach who said it....he was hilarious and there were a bunch more:

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

On place kicker Pete Rajecki having a bad camp with the Bucs because McKay made him nervous: "I don't think he's got much of a future here, because I plan on going to all the games.''

"If you have everyone back from a team that lost 10 games, experience isn't too important."

More:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/491017-john-mckay-remembering-a-football-legend-through-quotes

Last edited:
Phinsguy............That was great!

LOL...right? One mentioned that I couldn't believe he got away with (and NEVER would in the PC/libtard USA today.....it would get him fired no doubt) was:

"On Tampa Bay ending its 26-game losing streak: "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

People back then could realize you could joke about something and not have morons sue or play the "I'm offended" ace in the hole victim card and get pampered by the powers that be, the media, etc.

Last edited:
He was so witty. Great coach. Incredibly, he had the Bucs in the NFC title game (lost 9-0 or 6-0 to the Rams) in 1979. I saw a game once where he made good on a promise he'd had a lineman kick if the PK continues to suck. Some big lineman dude took one straight ahead step and booted it through the posts.

Back
Top Bottom