What does everyone thimk about Armon Binns?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Feb 20, 2013.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

I have the sneaking suspicion that Ireland might not draft a WR till later in the draft if we get Wallace. I do not agree with it, but I really think this Ireland's mind set.

2. jc4005

jc4005 Well-Known Member

Ireland believes he will be fired if he doesn't add explosiveness to the offense this year and he knows it. He will be aggressive.

3. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

yeah you could be right but Ireland knows his *** is on the hot seat.... I like Binns as a #4 guy. I mean unless we add 3 Staring receivers like I proposed in my sig of adding Mike Wallace, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Tavon Austin...... I would say Binns would be a lock on the 53

4. finfanaz

finfanaz A True Fan

He had some plays that definitely got me excited... I don't know enough about him though to make a judgement on his future in the league.

I do agree with you that we won't be drafting a WR till the 3rd round. Just a hunch really but I believe they like some of the younger guys we have. Binns, Matthews etc... With us getting a WR in FA (this is a foregone conclusion for me) I think it is more advantageous for us to fill our other needs in the first 2 rounds. OL, CB, TE maybe DLine depending on how they view Vernon and what we do with Starks.

5. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Binns sucks.

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Um he sucks.

7. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

He had more drops in those few games than I remember seeing all season. Matthews is the one everyone should be excited about. He showed more promise than Ted Binns. A lot more.

8. josekareh

josekareh Finfansince75

Binns is very rough still, but same as Mathews, they could be very good upcoming receivers..

9. mega-fin-love

mega-fin-love Just trust me Donator

Assuming we get Wallace....I would be ok with not drafting a WR in the first two rounds but only if we draft a tight end very high. Thats also assuming we still had Hartline. We let him go then drafting receiver early becomes more important.

10. twofactor23

twofactor23 Well-Known Member

Binns belongs in the garbage bin...he's pretty bad

11. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

He might have potential but the Dolphins need guys that already have it. They aren't in the position to groom WRs to be good, they need guys who can ball now.

12. Pelorus Jack

Pelorus Jack Well-Known Member

I thimk not...

13. royalshank

royalshank Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

Didn't see enough of him but what I did see didn't look too promising. I recall a dropped TD and a dropped 3rd and long that would have been a FD. I don't recall anything else he did.

14. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

do you mean TEDD BINNS J.R ???

15. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

I believe that should be the plan but remember if we spend big money on Wallace and let to many of our own FA walk then we have holes 2 at CB, 1. At OT, 1 at DE plus needs at LB, G, RB.

16. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

you know Rome wasnt built in a day.
    and miami wont be built in a single offseason

17. Digital

Digital Starter

Ireland knows that Phil in was hired to deliver a high octane passing offense. If that doesn't happen soon, Ireland will be fired. He will do everything possible to build around Tannehill this off season. That means landing 1 big name FA WR, and drafting 1 marquee WR and a 2nd good prospect WR. He is also probably looking for a good young TEif he can get one.

BInns has the size, speed, quickness, lift, wingspan and muscle to be a very good WR. But he has bad hands, so he is more of an air traffic controller than an NFL WR at this point. If he had developed the Bengals would not have let him go. Now he is in the process of bouncing around the league because every GM wants to roll the dice that the light will eventually come on for guys with that type of size and athleticism. IMHO, he is already better than Roberto Wallace, so I'd probably roll the dice one more season, but not at the expense of Rishard Matthews.

18. Johnstone

Johnstone Banned Hammered

Binns is garbage.

19. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

I would pass

20. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP

A single offseason? Did we just start trying this year or something? :lol:

21. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Binns looks pretty mediocre. He dropped some passes and is really just a possession guy

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

upside is #3 or #4 wr type stuff...id'd coverage pretty well while he was here when he got run in the games and sat down in voids...but against man he needs to show more...depending on how the offseason goes is probably looking at a 5th wr spot if we keep 5 and frankly he better get to work on his specials cause as things stand right now i would think marlon moore would beat him out as the 5th wr based on specials...i expect rishard mathews to pass him on the depth chart if he hasn't already in 2013

unless we blow it at the position this offseason i expect binns to have an uphill climb to make the 53...bring him to camp

23. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

He's hefty

24. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

The only thought that comes to mind when I think of Binns is his complete momentum crasher against New England, dropping that dime Tannehill bombed 20+ yards for the TD.

25. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

If they get wallace why would he draft a receiver early for? they already have Binns, Bess, Matthews, Hartline(if he resigns) if does draft a receiver it should be stedman bailey.

26. CD13

CD13 FinHeaven VIP

Agree, and Cinci dropped him after starting him. I think it is worth a shot in camp, but I think Matthews is better, and he won't find a spot.

27. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I'll wait to see what Binns can do after an offseason with the team. I did notice dude looked bigger than all the other receivers on the field and moved pretty well for his size.

28. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Binns came in off the street and started playing right away. That says something.

Everyone just remembers the TD drop vs. NE therefore he sucks. Only time will tell. Its not like he had a full offseason with RT and co. so yes, give it some time. The dude can get downfield. I dont think we will rest on our laurels however becuase of Hartline and whether he is signed. i love some of the receivers in this draft, but if we add one in draft it most suredly will be Swope. He knows too much and is welker like.

29. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

we need to draft one because if you only add one explosive playmaker, and he gets injuried, where does that leave you? we need to go into the offseason with 2-3 new WR's. wallace/jennings, hartline, 1/2 drafted WR, bess, matthews.

30. JFoxx

JFoxx Seasoned Veteran

Binns is one of those guys that has a ton of talent and potential, but never lives up to it for some reason. There always seems to be those that think they can do something to change him around and make this person a superstar, but it doesn't happen. I'm all for trying to develop guys, but when the guy fails to do so with numerous teams, you need to start making room for someone that can make that development to the next level.

31. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

32. bcsupratt

bcsupratt Well-Known Member

i think binns should be kept on the PS....why not? lol he showed flashes of good route running and getting open but cant catch the damn ball

i do like his upside though....

33. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

Binns = Trash bin

34. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

If we get Wallace on-board, or Jennings for that matter, we need to draft two "stars" in the first 3 rounds, and one of them should be a TE....what combo? I´d go for Eifert/Bayley, but the possibilities are endless...Trading down to the early 20´s is my absolute favorite scenario, therefore giving us another 2nd , therefore we can target TE,Oline, CB, WR, DE, ILB,(no particular order) and that´s just the first 3 rounds!!!

35. flippersrevenge

flippersrevenge Active Member

Rishard > Binns

36. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

They are both very meh imo. Keep both as WR's 4+5

37. j0hnny63

j0hnny63 bon jon bovi

He's potentially the best non-Bess, non-Hartline WR on the team. But that's not really saying too much.

38. wonderl33t

wonderl33t FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

His big and athletic, but I didn't care for his drops. For a 4th or 5th WR, I'd rather have a guy who will catch the dang ball when he's open. I'm not a big fan of keeping around project WRs with question mark upside (Marlon Moore, Patrick Turner, etc). If Binns was a blazer, YAC freak, or special teams contributor, it would be a different story.

For a 4th WR, give me Rishard all day over Binns...better hands, and can play multiple ST roles (returning, blocking, gunning).