what Dolphin 1st Rd Pick is worth a 1st Rd pick?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what Dolphin 1st Rd Pick is worth a 1st Rd pick??

Geauxfins

Starter
Reaction score
I've seen lots of talk about is Booker worth a 1st rd pick, is O-Gun worth a 1st rd pick, is this RB or that RB worth a 1st Rd pick...my question is...what Dolphin, on the team now, that was a Dolphin 1st rd pick, would you say is worth a 1st rd pick?????:confused:

Can u list all of the selections, cuz i dont really kno who were furst round picks.

But i do kno, id say Booker is close, ethir a 1st or 2nd, and Tim Bowens is worth it if u dont factor in his age.

FinFan24 said:
Can u list all of the selections, cuz i dont really kno who were furst round picks.

But i do kno, id say Booker is close, ethir a 1st or 2nd, and Tim Bowens is worth it if u dont factor in his age.

David Boston- 8th overall/'99, Arizona
Vernon Carey- 19th overall/'04, Miami
Tim Bowens- 20th overall/'94, Miami
Antuan Edwards- 25th overall/'99, Green Bay

Could be more... I'm not sure.

Honus Joglund said:
David Boston- 8th overall/'99, Arizona
Vernon Carey- 19th overall/'04, Miami
Tim Bowens- 20th overall/'94, Miami
Antuan Edwards- 25th overall/'99, Green Bay

Could be more... I'm not sure.
exactly, and I doubt we could trade either for a 1st rd pick right now...so, that helps make my point, that we are better off trading our draft picks for good players that are proven and sticking with our later round picks and hope to get lucky

Junior Seau was a first rounder.

Let me ask you this.

Sam Madison, Pat Surtain, Chris Chambers - 2nd round.
Jason Taylor - 3rd round.
Zach Thomas - 5th round.

Guys that are all worth the first round pick tag as players and leaders for this team. You don't need to be drafted 1 to be a star player.

Let's Hope Pope and Jenkins make the list in the Future, Bell as well.

Sam Madison is worth a 1st rd pick even though he wasn't drafted in the 1st rd. He was Jimmy's find during that draft.

Id imagine Careys worth a first ;) dont reckon his stock has dropped that much in a few months

Timbo was worth a 1st round pick. Of course, I wouldnt trade a 1st rounder to get him TODAY. But, if you are asking which players have performed well enough to have been worth the pick spent on them then Timbo definately qualifies.

Seau.....same as Timbo

Carey.... we wont know for a few years whether or not he was worth a first rounder.

IMO nobody else on the roster that went in the first round has to date performed well enough to have been worth a 1st rounder.

Chambers (because of age and progress)
Boston (because of former grade and age)
Jason Taylor (in spite of age)
Pat Surtain

Those are the guys, in my mind that could earn us a 1st round pick if we wanted to trade them straight up. Vernon wouldn't be able to be traded for a first round pick so early. I've never heard of anything like that happening and plus people like to take their chances and wouldn't make that trade.

I think I stretched it with Boston. I take that back because of his history with teams.

bakedmatt said:
Chambers (because of age and progress)
Boston (because of former grade and age)
Jason Taylor (in spite of age)
Pat Surtain

Those are the guys, in my mind that could earn us a 1st round pick if we wanted to trade them straight up. Vernon wouldn't be able to be traded for a first round pick so early. I've never heard of anything like that happening and plus people like to take their chances and wouldn't make that trade.
I think there mite be one or two teams who would give a first for Vernon...someone with a bad O-Line such as SD. SD's got the extra #1 pick anyways.

What about Marty Booker:D ?

Current Phins that have played well enough to be worth a 1st round pick at one time!

1) JT
2) ZT
3) Patrick Surtain
4) Timbo
5) Sam Madison
6) Junior Seau

Past that C.C. and Boston could turn into solid players worth a 1st rounder!!!

Marty Booker at age 28 will REALLY have to PLAY GREAT to be even considered!!!

Ogun was worth a 1st!!!!

Back
Top Bottom