what ever the bills had we had better | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what ever the bills had we had better

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Club Member
Reaction score
I am fed up with jills fans telling me how much better they are than us ---Over the years I am sure we have a better starting line up than they have. I do conceed that there will be better players in some positions from the Jills, but i still think overall that the dolphins would come up with more starters at positions than the Jills.

Just for starters I would agree that B Smith would have to beat us at DE position -----------But that is only IMO

Just for starters I would put Center down as D stephenson or J langer, but you could argue even over that---What do you think?

Well Thurman Thomas was better than anything we had until Ricky showed up..... i dont know how far back you are talking about......

knight6jb said:
Well Thurman Thomas was better than anything we had until Ricky showed up..... i dont know how far back you are talking about......

so Ricky would be ur answer then shag--I suppose you would have to say players that you seen, rather than players that you had heard about--but i would leave that up to you :)

Why has this thread been moved from Phinheaven--it isn't offensive is it?

Jim Kelly was a great guy, but he wouldn't live with Marino in the same offense--in fact I dont think anyone would--B Smith was probably the greatest D E so I wont argue that one-- what would intrigue me would be Clayton V Reed-- C Bennett v H Green etc

Andre Reed was the best reciver in the AFC East ever. Look at the Numbers:

4 th in all time Receptions
6th in REC yards
10th in TDs
19th in yrds from scrimmage

No AFCE recivers is above him in any category

Thurman is the best RB, Curtis MArtin has more rushing yards, but Thurman is still 8th in all purpoise, all-time. Ricky was not better than thurman, especially after he quit.

Losman7 said:
Andre Reed was the best reciver in the AFC East ever. Look at the Numbers:

4 th in all time Receptions
6th in REC yards
10th in TDs
19th in yrds from scrimmage

No AFCE recivers is above him in any category

Thurman is the best RB, Curtis MArtin has more rushing yards, but Thurman is still 8th in all purpoise, all-time. Ricky was not better than thurman, especially after he quit.

Does that mean Thurman over The Juice.?

Wagon Circler said:
I can't decide. OJ rushed for 2,000 yards in 14 games, that's just insane.

OJ was a beast for some really bad buffalo teams. 2k in 14 games is crazy, the guy would be a god in today's game..

GreenMonster said:
Does that mean Thurman over The Juice.?

Without a doubt IMO. I didn't see the Juice play with regularity, but i've seen highlights. He was amazing, but You I can't say Thurman wasn't the best.

Thurman wasn't the best pure Runner, but he was The prototype for backs like Marshall Faulk, LT, and possibly Ronnie Brown.

Thurman could hurt you so many ways.

Career Stats

Thurman Thomas 182 games 12,074 yards, 65 TD's, 4,458 receiving, 23 TD's

The Juice 135 games, 11,236 yards, 61 TD's, 2,142 receiving, 14 TD's

Thurman was a more complete back for his career, but if I had to pick one in their prime give me the Juice and 2,003 yards and 12 Td's in 14 games.

GreenMonster said:
Career Stats

Thurman Thomas 182 games 12,074 yards, 65 TD's, 4,458 receiving, 23 TD's

The Juice 135 games, 11,236 yards, 61 TD's, 2,142 receiving, 14 TD's

Thurman was a more complete back for his career, but if I had to pick one in their prime give me the Juice and 2,003 yards and 12 Td's in 14 games.

Yeah, Juice was a baller, maybe i didn't see enough of him.

Back
Top Bottom