What gase said on Friday via pb post | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What gase said on Friday via pb post

Wah, the players dont study the playbook but I just keep playing them anyway...
no one respects the coach. pretty obvious. dude has to go.

I know that fans are very dissatisfied with Gase right now -- and I have some beefs too -- but in this case... I don't think this is throwing players under the bus. I think this is the coach finally just coming out and saying "Yes, these guys are botching their assignments constantly because they lack attention to detail."

And you know what, watching the game, I saw that, too. Tony Romo saw it from the booth. We all saw it. Guys taking the wrong assignments, running bad routes, etc.

Interesting to see whether this leads to more accountability or the coach 'losing the locker room.'
Romo is such a great listen. He puts everything in perspective clear and concise.

The issue I have with this statement from Gase is that if this was a known problem in the first season, why did he and the front office not do anything about it this off season?

Maybe reading that Gase said “I’m done compromising with anybody.” Maybe he was trying to get them to do their jobs, as he knew their talent level...but he has reached his breaking point and will be playing others. Gase...."We’ve got to find guys who will actually put forth effort".

I

Wah, the players dont study the playbook but I just keep playing them anyway...
no one respects the coach. pretty obvious. dude has to go.

It's like Gase said, at this point who else is out there?

Let's say that Landry and Parker are the problem and we trade those players away for draft picks. Our depth chart would look like this:

#1 Stills
#2 Carroo
#3 Grant

PS: Malcolm Lewis, Kolby Listenbee, Drew Morgan

Who is currently available in free agency to help us out?

I suppose there are experienced pros like Victor Cruz, Stevie Johnson and Vincent Jackson, but all have had recent injury problems and are free agents for good reason. There are flawed talents like Dorial Green-Beckham and Marquess Wilson. Essentially there aren't really any stellar options for us to go out there and sign. Maybe those guys can come in and learn the playbook, but they would be limited until they did learn the playbook, so would they be an upgrade over keeping Landry and Parker on a simplified playbook? No. So while it might seem like an easy thing to do right now, it is also a pretty difficult decision for Gase and this front office to make because they will likely be taking a hit in moving on from players that aren't learning the playbook - if of course the players in question are the big names on the offense.

Now I do agree that the easy solution is to move on from the players, but that should have been done this off season since this is an ongoing problem. With that said, I would expect Gase and our front office to move on from those players next off season and get players that do fit what Gase wants to do. I think Gase will stay, whereas those that aren't pulling their weight will go. I could be wrong, the front office might side with those players and move on from Gase, but I suspect they won't.

Maybe reading that Gase said “I’m done compromising with anybody.” Maybe he was trying to get them to do their jobs, as he knew their talent level...but he has reached his breaking point and will be playing others. Gase...."We’ve got to find guys who will actually put forth effort".

I

Like I said, if he knew these players couldn't or wouldn't learn the playbook after his first season, what are the chances that they can or will learn the playbook in his second season?

I would say in most cases it is unlikely. Lazy players generally don't change. Players that aren't smart enough to learn the full playbook generally don't change. More often than not you have to accommodate them. I can see why Gase and co decided to stick with them and hope for the best, but realistically these things needed to be handled last off season, or stick it out for this year and handle them next off season. As it stands he's thrown players under the bus and that doesn't always end well.

BB always talks about "doing your job" and it has worked up in NE. The HC has every right to be mad about this

Ozzy rules!!

I'm also pissed about the WR bubble screen which is the play calling's fault which is Gase's fault.....

In conclusion, I'm pissed at Gase!!!

Romo called Juice out yesterday for not knowing what play Moore checked into

I would trade Landry. He is slow and useless as boundary wide receiver. We all saw that last night against Baltimore. He can not get separation. He is strictly a slot wide receiver and there is no way in hell I would pay him like a top ten wide receiver. So, in a season where it looks like the team is dead in the water, you should try to trade him for draft picks. It is better to get something for him now rather than just letting him walk for nothing next season.

Shula could practice their *** off and scream at them in practice with the situation now practices are basically limited by the players association so its up to the players themselves to determine if they wish to put in the time. Coaching is like running a circus these days with all the money involved, free agency and the players lawyers.
You hit the nail on the head. Gase is doing one of the few things he has control over. If Shula taught today he would do some variation of the same thing ... because the most direct coaching options have been taken away by the salary cap, free agency, and tha e most recent collective bargaining agreement limiting practice and methods.

That's why coaches look for veterans like Wake to teach and discipline their fellow players. Because coaches have a lot less influence on players today.

Watch Landry go out and sign with another team and watch him turn into a star. Especially if its with NE. No matter who our coach is, we always struggle to put players in a position to succeed.

I would trade Landry. He is slow and useless as boundary wide receiver. We all saw that last night against Baltimore. He can not get separation. He is strictly a slot wide receiver and there is no way in hell I would pay him like a top ten wide receiver. So, in a season where it looks like the team is dead in the water, you should try to trade him for draft picks. It is better to get something for him now rather than just letting him walk for nothing next season.
if he leaves as a free agent we'd get at most a 3rd round pick for him but don't expect him to get traded

Ozzy rules!!

Watch Landry go out and sign with another team and watch him turn into a star. Especially if its with NE. No matter who our coach is, we always struggle to put players in a position to succeed.

Oh please. I am so sick of the New England paranoia. First of all, New England wouldn't be stupid enough to sign someone like Landry to a huge contract and second of all New England just got burned by signing Stephon Gilmore to a big free agent contract. Do you really think they would do it again? Not to mention, they already have three guys that can play slot receiver who's combined salary won't add up to what Landry will make next season.

I would have preferred that Gase be doing something about these so-called issues than crying to the media about it. You guys really think that the Dolphins players are some how different than the other 31 teams players? Yet those coaches figure out how to get players to buy-in, to study or learn their playbook. He might be a good coordinator (and that is in doubt given how bad his playcalling has been) but I am beginning to think this guy is a fraud when it comes to being a head coach. An empty suit trying to say all the right things but not doing any of them.

Back
Top Bottom