What gase said on Friday via pb post | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What gase said on Friday via pb post

There are too many distractions in Miami. I don't know if we'll ever be able to assemble a team full of the kind of players Gase wants or needs - the environment is just too distracting.

Like I said, if he knew these players couldn't or wouldn't learn the playbook after his first season, what are the chances that they can or will learn the playbook in his second season?

I would say in most cases it is unlikely. Lazy players generally don't change. Players that aren't smart enough to learn the full playbook generally don't change. More often than not you have to accommodate them. I can see why Gase and co decided to stick with them and hope for the best, but realistically these things needed to be handled last off season, or stick it out for this year and handle them next off season. As it stands he's thrown players under the bus and that doesn't always end well.

What are the chances he will EVER find players that learn his playbook?

When you make a scheme so complicated that only 10 people on the planet can figure it out, you need to reevaluate that scheme.

It's football not rocket science. Stop trying to make it rocket science and get the fundamentals down.

Our fundamentals suck because he is too worried about cramming quantum physics into brains that can only handle basic trig.

Romo is such a great listen. He puts everything in perspective clear and concise.

I think I'm the only one that thinks he's a bad analyst. He was so far off on some of his commentary this game. He's called better games though.

I wouldn't include Stills in that conversation. He seems to be the only who showed up against the Ravens and he played pretty big against the Jets. Parker is just a no-show.

Still has been great this season. He's one of the only offensive players that showed up last night. John Denny has also been pretty awesome...thats about it

I agree but at this point in the season he doesn't have a lot of options. Last year he cut 4 guys in one week and players got the message. I'm sure if things don't change he'll be getting rid of a lot of players in the off season

Ozzy rules!!
He can cut Thomas right now

This offense needs to be more vertical. Deep routes or HB dives up the gut, that will get defenses off the zones. No more zone blocking just go man 2 man.

I'm thinking Stills is not part of the problem. Why wpuld they have re-signed him over the off-season if he was one of the issues last year? Also, I wondered how a guy like Stills became captain over a guy like Landry. I know it's chosen by the players but I think Kenny is the leader of the receivers and maybe the only one who really cares. I could be totally wrong, but maybe this is the reason Landry wasn't extended.

Does sound like a call out for Jay Ajayi and maybe juice too

I guess we will find out if we trade both this offseason

I have no doubts in pass pro though he’s referencing Damien Williams who was horrid across the board last night.

That Ajayi stuff reads more to me like taking what the d gives you instead of tryin to outflank everyone. I saw some instances of that I just chalked it up to his not having the best vision than pure bounce tendency

At some point he’s got to hold these qbs accountable. Admittedly though a public setting isn’t the place. Nothing draws more media fire than qb

Back
Top Bottom