What happen with Charles Harris? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happen with Charles Harris?

Manning

Scout Team
Reaction score
I only saw him out there for one snap. Was he hurt? I thought he'd play every snap in a meaningless game to get reps

Who? An incredibly disappointing first year. Typical of Miami's drafting

I only saw him out there for one snap. Was he hurt? I thought he'd play every snap in a meaningless game to get reps

He was on the injury report but was active. He probably aggravated something and coaches decided to play it safe and get more looks at Malveaux and Fede.

Jason Taylor had 5 sacks in 11 starts as a rookie, Michael Strahan had 1 sack in 9 games played. Can we players some time before criticizing geez people can give Tannehill 7 years but can't give others a fair shake.
7 years LOL

fActually it was 4 prior to him turning it around

He got about 50% of the snaps and was predictably invisible. Undersized ends who test like he did will never be a high probability bet in the NFL. I'll root for him but will never expect more than pressures because he's a step slow. I'm hoping they trade him before the bust label applies.

Who? An incredibly disappointing first year. Typical of Miami's drafting

He did not have an incredibly poor year. You act like he was third pick in the draft. He made some big plays, was very inconsistent, and was not a standout as a rookie. He wa s the 22nd pick. You are being unreasonable.

He got about 50% of the snaps and was predictably invisible. Undersized ends who test like he did will never be a high probability bet in the NFL. I'll root for him but will never expect more than pressures because he's a step slow. I'm hoping they trade him before the bust label applies.

Agreed on all accounts. Yes, we can root for him to improve and he'll give an honest effort. The physical limitations are the problem. It was the reason I posted online after the draft that we didn't make one attempt at a great player.

Harris is already worth less than he paid for him. No chance we could get a first rounder in swap.

He flashed enough potential for hope that he's an asset at a key position going forward. He needs to put on 5-10 pounds without losing explosiveness and continue to develop his skills

He did not have an incredibly poor year. You act like he was third pick in the draft. He made some big plays, was very inconsistent, and was not a standout as a rookie. He wa s the 22nd pick. You are being unreasonable.

He is who he is. Expecting day one starters from your first round pick is unrealistic. Hopefully in three years we won't have to hear excuses typical of this forum.

7 years LOL

fActually it was 4 prior to him turning it around

Yep 7 years...2018 will be his 7th year. Time didn't stand still because he was injured. Tom Brady is an 18 year veteran despite only playing 7 minutes in 2008 and attempting 3 passes in 2000. Yep 7 years and we still don't know what we have despite his record breaking 19 td 8-5 season.

Maybe in Harris's 5th year he can have 8 sacks in 13 games and you can credit him with 15.

Yep 7 years...2018 will be his 7th year. Time didn't stand still because he was injured. Tom Brady is an 18 year veteran despite only playing 7 minutes in 2008 and attempting 3 passes in 2000. Yep 7 years and we still don't know what we have despite his record breaking 19 td 8-5 season.

Maybe in Harris's 5th year he can have 8 sacks in 13 games and you can credit him with 15.

Dude, are you capable of having a football conversation without bringing it back to Ryan Tannehill. Did he steal Lauren from you?

As I recall, Harris collected his college sacks against inferior tackles. He would capitalize on playing a novice and rack up his numbers. We don't have a guy with a Charles Haley burst to the qb. As far as athleticism, going back to high school, he was an afterthought in MO's recruiting class. He's not the kind of athlete that coaches simply cannot ignore.

But he is not terrible either. He does have a top notch motor and good attitude. He can translate those traits into pressures, and sure, he may get some sacks where he is cleaning up someone else's dirty work or playing a stiff.

Here's I'll type this slowly for you

2012 = 1
2013 = 2
2014 = 3
2015 = 4
(don't bogart that wacky weed!)

2015 = 8-5, with a 7-1 run with 4th ranked long ball in the league and over that last stretch a 100QBR, 70% completion rate and 13 TDs to 4 Ints

So I count 4 years to arrive: for a spread formation QB with 13 college games and coached by Mike Sherman in college and mentored by Zach ****ing Taylor in the pros

Back
Top Bottom