What has happened to our stud #1 wideout?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BGtoKNfor6, Oct 14, 2012.

1. BGtoKNfor6

BGtoKNfor6 Where is the reset button?

I'm glad we are winning but I thought we finally had a stud #1 wideout in hartline? Maybe he is saving up his energy for the 4th quarter? Just confused. I was told after his 12 catch game that he is a stud and we finally have a permanent number 1? Are the bengals and rams secondary just that good? I guess I'm a troll especially because my screen name relates to previous dolphins players.

2. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

No, we all know he is destined to be a good #2. We still need a beast as our 1. No one is expecting him to do much of anything against Finnegan, the whole Rams pass D is pretty good honestly

3. BGtoKNfor6

Could have fooled me then. In typical finheaven fashion, people were coming out in drones proclaiming the guy as the next number one for Miami while the rest of us were chastised for wanting to see consistency. As usual, he has disappeared like he has his entire career this far. Is he having the best year to date? Sure but he is far cry from a legit nfl #1. Better not say much though as I will be called a troll and my screen name questioned even by mods that have been a member of this site for less time then myself.

I don't buy the crap about the secondary either. Legit #1 wideouts perform week in and out regardless of who they face or whatever bs excuse is thrown out there.

4. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

See what happens when defenses roll a safety towards him ? And give him attention ?? He's invisible

Great #1 WR's still make plays and have an impact despite this. But Hartline can't because he's not very good. Hartline has been getting away with defenses not respecting him and sticking #2 and #3 DB's on him. While Hartline had a big day in Arizona, notice that he was totally shutdown whenever he was up against #1 CB Patrick Peterson . Hartline was totally blanketed without an inch to move whenever given attention by defensive coordinators.

Miami desperately needs some playmakers and speed at the WR position. One thing about Jeff Ireland that he was bang-on about was during hard knocks when he said Miami had a bunch if #3, #4 an #5 WR's, but no #1's and no #2's

5. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Lol, I just want to win this game. Refs are killing me though.

6. BGtoKNfor6

You shut up now. Troll. Obviously "enter excuse here" happened.

7. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Maybe you shouldn't crown Hartline after one good game. As the Hartline "haters" would say, consistency is the key.

8. BGtoKNfor6

I didn't crown him anything. I called for him to be consistent but had to wade through the crap which included mods calling me a troll and even going as far as calling out my screen name. Just wondering where all these armchair wideout coached and talent scouts fled to? The guy has don't squat the past 2 weeks other than a pass interference call in both games. Just really was looking forwarded to having a stud number 1 on the team. Shame on me for actually realizing he is and will always be a second or third wideout.

9. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

yea i dont know what happen to the the #1 Wr lol.. like i said tannehill will have less pressure and have more success with a great #1

10. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

I did saw him open a couple of times. I think they semi used him as a decoy while also picking on certain Ram defenders. Hartline was up against the clear best DB they had. The holes and mismatches were at different areas.

11. Scrap

Scrap Hall Of Famer

Who cares? No one thought he was the next Jerry Rice. Quit patting yourself on the back for being able to see the obvious.

12. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

You shouldn't crown a player after one game, nor should you start a smart arsed thread sniping at him after one game either.

13. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

All the Hartline haters coming out of the woodwork....

14. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro

So you are right about Hartline, congratulations maybe you can update your resume and go for an NFL GM job next offseason. NICE JOB, being right!

15. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Guys, get real. Hartline isn't even a #2 on a good WR squad. He's a 3 or 4 b.c. of his slow feet. A possession WR -- classic.

LD

16. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Seriously, who gives a ****? After a win, you have to come on here and flame other posters? Is that all you have? Seriously?:ponder:

17. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

It's not just this game though, Hartline was AWOL in Cincy too.

18. joeharley666

joeharley666 A True Fan

I don't anyone said Hartline was a #1, all the Hartline supporters have always just maintained against all the haters that he's a legit WR. I think he's very good, as a #2
    i never saw anyone here say he's a #1, so relax haters you're still all wrong

19. kloud_9

kloud_9 Well-Known Member

How about the fact our QB had his first multiple td passing game or our rookie had 2.0 sacks...no..lets be negative even after a win. I guarantee you hartline would rather abw than padding stats like you all want every week..

20. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

He is a #2 Wr.. get it through your heads ffs the offensive they play helps hartline to succeed but he is not a guy that can get you big plays every game but who cares we are winning now just wait to the offseason to help our problem.

21. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

He had 3 catches for 50 yards on Patrick Peterson GreyBoy. Was not completly blanketed at all.

22. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Please, there were several threads about eating crow and Hartline being a legit #1 WR because his numbers after the Arizona game. Now that the non Hartline believers are wondering where's he at, the Hartline lovers are upset because they think his haters are doing the "I told you so stunt". Ironic I know.

miamiron likes this.
  23. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

When you're leading the league in yards and get zero receptions for zero yards
    you as a player should be embarrassed

24. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Won't find me in the threads proclaiming Hartline a true #1, because I don't think he is. But GreyBoy, likes to leave out little tidbits that hurt his case.

25. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

At least he didn't start another Pat Devlin thread...

26. ATL_PHIN_FAN

ATL_PHIN_FAN Winner Under Construction

It seems you've been to another forum than I have. No one was saying he's definitely our number 1. No one was saying we don't need to upgrade the position when we can. Everyone was saying that Hartline is much more capable than anticipated. So much better that he might be very solid going forward as our legit number 2. For now, he must fill the role as our number 1 because we haven't got one.

As for today, I suspect the Rams were doing everything in their power defensively to stop him and our running game. They were successful for the most part. Yet doing that opened up other areas of our game, such as screens and Marlon Moore . . . I'll have to watch the game again to see exactly what we did to adjust to the Rams defensive attack to allow us to move the ball anyway.

27. ATL_PHIN_FAN

Would you care to point out those Hartline is a #1 posts for us? I did not see any, dude . .

28. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Geesh....last week you're down on Tanny,now you're down on Hartline.....I hear the Jets are looking for new fans and they won this week.

29. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

Lol i guess you weren't reading all the bandwagon guys that made threads and posts of how hartline is a legit #1 Wr

30. BGtoKNfor6

I guess you conveniently just either ignored those threads or they were in a language you didn't understand. Love all the hate afterwards too from the hartline lovers. Eat ****ing crow especially Jcane for calling me a troll, of which I've been a member longer than he has and never trolled once. Just the irony is ridiculous. However it's if heaven so should I have expected any different.

31. BGtoKNfor6

Also I love the double standards of this place. Regardless of winning or losing you can NEVER say anything bad about a player after a win but you must trash them when they lose. The amount of fence straddlers on this site is unreal. You can even clarify your stance a million times as constructively as possible and you still may be called a troll. It's unreal.

32. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

lol Yeah there were no posts or threads crowning Hartline and calling out his haters whatsoever.

33. Miamibyrd

Miamibyrd Well-Known Member

As a team as long as we win I can care less. One player will not stop the show, keep winning. Thats all for the fantacy leagues, any way.

BGtoKNfor6 likes this.
  34. jfleag61

jfleag61 A True Fan

So when our QB goes away from the coverage and finds other targets, or picks up on a miscue by the D and throws a TD to one of our other "garbage" WR's it's a BAD thing?? I guess you would have been happier if Tanny would have tried to force the ball, and thrown a couple picks so you could say how much you thought he should just ride the pines his rookie season....damn.... guess we have to win every game 47-0 for this to be a successful season!!

35. ATL_PHIN_FAN

Nope, put up or shut up . . . All you have to do is refer us to one or two posts that stated this. I don't think you can.

36. BGtoKNfor6

I'm not going to go back and repost everything you can easily find with a search. I believe there was one thread alone that was captioned similar to "we finally have out number one wideout". Most of the real **** talking occurred in threads about hartline with the majority of "trolls" calling for consistency. Then screen names were put into question along with trolling. It was a sad state of affairs especially be a quote "supermod".

37. joeharley666

joeharley666 A True Fan

this!
    he's delusional, he will not produce one post or example of anyone here claiming Hartline was a #1
    i just love these Hartline haters

38. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

39. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

lol yep that thread got up to about 20 pages long.

40. BGtoKNfor6

It's more about knee jerk reactions around here. Hell number 2's don't get shut out most of the time. Now the excuses will flow. Bess was the main target, coverage was rolled because he is so dominant, he went against a great corner. When does it stop? Don't get me wrong, I hope he turns into the next Alvin Harper to whomever is our Michael Irvin BUT he will never be a top flight wideout that many for whatever reason started to proclaim after the Arizona game.

41. BGtoKNfor6

What, you don't know about the search button or how to use it? These threads and posts existed. Everyone knows it too. I'm just calling for a bit of equality across the board. Not being called a troll or something as stupid as a screen name questioned when I make an opinion.

42. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

In case you didn't realize, we won. Bring your negativity somewhere else. There's plenty of loser forums out there you'll fit in perfectly with. BTW, how many touchdowns has Megatron scored this year so far?

Answer: yes even studs have off days in the NFL

43. ATL_PHIN_FAN

:bobdole: wow, not even 1? you are a joke.

44. ATL_PHIN_FAN

45. LennyV

LennyV Rookie

Maybe other teams figured out they need to pay attention to him .....

46. BGtoKNfor6

What does us winning have to do with Brian hartlines production? Are you aware that us winning today has zero to do with the topic of this thread? It further illustrates my point of the bs that goes around here. You can still point out flaws in a victory. I guess that's negative and troll behavior. My bad. Is my screen name offending you too?

psst..megatron may have had an off day but Brian hartline has yet to have anything that resembles a career sans 1 game...

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

I have nothing to gain by making stuff up.

47. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

You're not allowed to bad mouth or be critical of anything Miami especially after a win. Even after a loss the homers will get after you if you point out negatives and tell you to be "a __________ fan" and that they don't need fans like you. But you know this.

48. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

It was pretty obvious Hartline isn't a number 1 WR. Some people let a fluke game get to their heads. Obviously a #1 WR is still perhaps our biggest priority in the offseason.

49. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Yep, and they conveniently ignore the fact that the O-line was dominated and Tannehill had very little time to sit in the pocket

50. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf A True Fan

I don't remember people coming out in droves. I do however remember a few, specifically one poster that I won't name that was talking a lot of smack (he's also a huge Ireland supporter so I can see the agenda there). But maybe I missed the thread where there were droves of people proclaiming him because I didn't see it.