What has happened to our stud #1 wideout? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What has happened to our stud #1 wideout?

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
I'm glad we are winning but I thought we finally had a stud #1 wideout in hartline? Maybe he is saving up his energy for the 4th quarter? Just confused. I was told after his 12 catch game that he is a stud and we finally have a permanent number 1? Are the bengals and rams secondary just that good? I guess I'm a troll especially because my screen name relates to previous dolphins players.

No, we all know he is destined to be a good #2. We still need a beast as our 1. No one is expecting him to do much of anything against Finnegan, the whole Rams pass D is pretty good honestly

No, we all know he is destined to be a good #2. We still need a beast as our 1. No one is expecting him to do much of anything against Finnegan, the whole Rams pass D is pretty good honestly

Could have fooled me then. In typical finheaven fashion, people were coming out in drones proclaiming the guy as the next number one for Miami while the rest of us were chastised for wanting to see consistency. As usual, he has disappeared like he has his entire career this far. Is he having the best year to date? Sure but he is far cry from a legit nfl #1. Better not say much though as I will be called a troll and my screen name questioned even by mods that have been a member of this site for less time then myself.

I don't buy the crap about the secondary either. Legit #1 wideouts perform week in and out regardless of who they face or whatever bs excuse is thrown out there.

See what happens when defenses roll a safety towards him ? And give him attention ?? He's invisible

Great #1 WR's still make plays and have an impact despite this. But Hartline can't because he's not very good. Hartline has been getting away with defenses not respecting him and sticking #2 and #3 DB's on him. While Hartline had a big day in Arizona, notice that he was totally shutdown whenever he was up against #1 CB Patrick Peterson . Hartline was totally blanketed without an inch to move whenever given attention by defensive coordinators.

Miami desperately needs some playmakers and speed at the WR position. One thing about Jeff Ireland that he was bang-on about was during hard knocks when he said Miami had a bunch if #3, #4 an #5 WR's, but no #1's and no #2's

See what happens when defenses roll a safety towards him ? He's invisible

Great #1's still makes plays and have an impact despite this. Hartline has been getting away with defenses not respecting him and sticking #2 and #3 DB's on him. While Hartline had a big day in Arizona, notice that he was totally shutdown whenever he was up against #1 CB Patrick Peterson

You shut up now. Troll. Obviously "enter excuse here" happened.

Maybe you shouldn't crown Hartline after one good game. As the Hartline "haters" would say, consistency is the key.

Maybe you shouldn't crown Hartline after one good game. As the Hartline "haters" would say, consistency is the key.

I didn't crown him anything. I called for him to be consistent but had to wade through the crap which included mods calling me a troll and even going as far as calling out my screen name. Just wondering where all these armchair wideout coached and talent scouts fled to? The guy has don't squat the past 2 weeks other than a pass interference call in both games. Just really was looking forwarded to having a stud number 1 on the team. Shame on me for actually realizing he is and will always be a second or third wideout.

yea i dont know what happen to the the #1 Wr lol.. like i said tannehill will have less pressure and have more success with a great #1

I did saw him open a couple of times. I think they semi used him as a decoy while also picking on certain Ram defenders. Hartline was up against the clear best DB they had. The holes and mismatches were at different areas.

Who cares? No one thought he was the next Jerry Rice. Quit patting yourself on the back for being able to see the obvious.

You shouldn't crown a player after one game, nor should you start a smart arsed thread sniping at him after one game either.

So you are right about Hartline, congratulations maybe you can update your resume and go for an NFL GM job next offseason. NICE JOB, being right!

Guys, get real. Hartline isn't even a #2 on a good WR squad. He's a 3 or 4 b.c. of his slow feet. A possession WR -- classic.

LD

Back
Top Bottom