What if Houston is really that good...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Buddy, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

I keep hearing all of the "experts" and fans alike talking about how bad the Dolphins are and how Houston beat us thoroughly. The takeaway from that game appears to be that Miami is one of the worst teams in the league and that the Texans just did what they were supposed to. My question is, what if the Texans are just really that good and they continue to stomp teams regularly? What if they crush the Jags this weekend and we beat Oakland? Were the pundits wrong or did we just get 10,000% better in a week? I personally believe that the Texans D and the Miami O are both better than they are getting credit for right now. Not that anyone has disrespected the Texans' D but I think they will beat up Gabbert and MJD as bad or worse than they beat us up. Just sayin'.

2. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Lots of work to do on Sunday. Oakland is a big challenge. They are MUCH better than many are making them out to be.

3. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Just watch your team and you decide if you like what you see. Sure there were some good moments, its Pro Ball afterall, but I thought they generally stunk.

4. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

Probably our 6th toughest game of the year. SF, New England (x2), Houston, and Cinci are better, but I think after those games the Raiders are the toughest team we play this year. Hell, maybe Oakland ends up tougher than Cinci. It's ridiculous how easy our schedule looks this year on paper. Why couldn't we have drawn a schedule like this when we were average? We'd have been in the playoffs.

5. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Houston is a great team, and as I said during the game we don't turn the ball over it's closer. We just don't have the talent on offense to come back from big deficits like that.

6. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

Last years game was a cake walk. We stopped them on their 1st 9 possessions and rushed for 200 plus yards and 2 TD's. We only had to attempt 25 passes.
    With 11 minutes left in the game they had 132 total yards and a handful of 1st downs.

Our personel dominated theirs. I see no reason for it to be different this year.

7. iambanned

iambanned Banned Hammered

What do you mean, 'if Houston is that good..'? Of course they're that good, nimrod. One of the top 3 rbs in the NFL, one of the top 2 WRs in the game now that he's healthy again, a top 10 TE, and an able #2WR taboot. Also, Tate is an extremely good #2RB as well. They're freakin' loaded. Miami was staying right with them until the roof caved in but eventually Houston would've pushed though even if that wouldn't have happened. Houston's skill players vs Miami's secondary? That's not a fair fight, and Miami's O was not gonna be able to match Houston score for score in the 2nd half. The score probably would've been like 27-16 if there were no turnovers.

8. psfign

psfign A True Fan

I agree, but I also think Oakland is worse. So my thoughts are, that if we struggle against the Raiders this week, then we are truly a bottom barrel team. If we beat them soundly, then maybe we're a middle of the pack team...

9. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

We shot ourselves in the foot against Houston, so it doesn't really say much about the team itself. We can't say how bad this team will be until the bye week.

10. damanref10

damanref10 Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Their best player didn't play. Darren McFadden... so that certainly has an impact.

Losing our best corner. Best WR. and starting a rookie qb in his second career game probably should affect why it could be different this year.

11. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Umm...our personnel is not as good as last years'. There are different coaching staffs and philosophies. We have a rookie QB. I see a lot of differences.

12. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Houston is a very good team. They are really stacked with talent, and it was VERY smart
    to let Williams go. Oakland is not a good team.

13. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Top pass blocking and 2nd best passing defense last season. Wonder how Cutler, considering last night's 4.7ypc, 1TD, 4picks, 126yds and 28.2 QBR vs a soft defense, would have fared on the road against them last week. :idk:

14. iambanned

iambanned Banned Hammered

Fantasy Football owners all over the country are picking up and starting RaidersD this week. But Raiders O will be what allows us a chance. Miami needs to manage possessions to avoid 3rd and longs. If the Raiders run defense is very stout, then we need short passes on early downs to at least have the option of running on 3rd downs.
    This week will be the huge test of our pass rush. If we can't get pressure on an old, slow-footed QB that holds the ball forever, then we should just fly the team plane into the Atlantic ocean on the way to the next game.

15. Buddy

This is exactly my point, save calling myself a nimrod. No one seems to be figuring in that we played a legitimate Superbowl contender and played with them quite well for 54 out of 60 minutes. Do I have any illusions that we are anywhere nearly on par with Houston? Heck no! However, I don't think that we will be in the bottom third of the league come year's end...probably the low end of the middle. No one seems to be crushing Luck and the Colts and they did not play nearly as good of a team in the Bears as we did in the Texans, IMHO. I know that things do change week to week and the perception of the Dolphins will change as we start winning. However, no one seems to give us much of a chance against the Raiders outside of Miami fans and I think that is ridiculous.

16. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I think Houston is REALLY good. I would have The Ravens #1, and Texans #2, in my own Power Rankings. The Texans can run the ball with Foster, Schaub can throw it to A. Johnson, Daniels, and others, and their D is rock solid. We were facing a much better team last Sunday and got beat. Time to focus on the Raiders and give them a beat down.

17. SirDrums

SirDrums I like big drums and I cannot lie....... Finheaven VIP

I have thought this as well. We can be as bad as they say we are when they are saying Houston is as good as they say they are.

At least not bottom of the league bad.

18. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

I'm no football genius, but I personally think that the Texans are overrated.

19. b0ng

b0ng Offseason Blues

All of that came true, impressive call.

20. Buddy

Thank you, sir.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

21. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

I think the Texans can be beat but that was just a tough game for a rookie QB to start out with. JJ Watt is a stud and went absolutely nuts on us - bazonkers. He single handedly schooled our whole offensive line. I am now a fan of his. Would love to get a re-match with these guys in the playoffs. Maybe next year.

Those picks were just too tough to overcome (even Peyton couldn't come back from 3 picks (he looks awful by the way)).

22. Buddy

I agree that Houston can be beat but you would have to play a disciplined yet aggressive game. You will not get a lot of opportunities to score so you must capitalize on every chance. You also can not give up the big play and must get off the field on third down. Houston will be very tough out for every team they play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2